May 27, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Corvette 1LT
Province
ON
Hi, I am buying a C7 from a dealership in Brantford, it is going to be my first Corvette. Is there anyone that can do a pre-purchase inspection for me in the area, or anyone you guys would know? Thanks in advance.

• Winner
Reactions: 1st Vette
Yes that is correct, it is a 2019 Sebring Orange C7. I called race ready garage however they do not do inspections at dealerships. I would have to bring the car to them, but unfortunately Munroe dosent allow test drives so wouldn't be able to bring it there before buying it.
If they would not let me road test the vehicle, they would not be getting a sale fom me!!

Get a carfax and also take the VIN to a GM dealer and ask for a printout of all service records as well as recalls. Many C7 automatics needed a transmission "Triple Flush" to resolve jerky performance at low speeds when cold.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Get a carfax and also take the VIN to a GM dealer and ask for a printout of all service records as well as recalls. Many C7 automatics needed a transmission "Triple Flush" to resolve jerky performance at low speeds when cold.
Got a car fax and it was all clean. Thanks for letting me know about the transmission problem!! I'll look in to it.

Yes that is correct, it is a 2019 Sebring Orange C7. I called race ready garage however they do not do inspections at dealerships. I would have to bring the car to them, but unfortunately Munroe dosent allow test drives so wouldn't be able to bring it there before buying it.
No test drives .... Possible tranny problems ...... think long and hard .... I'd walk away

You could ask the dealer if they would drive the car to Race Ready and back - you'd probably have to pay them for it. If they won't cooperate, I would be cautious that there could be something they don't want to know about the car. Having said that, a lot of dealers (most?) don't allow test drives, even on used cars - too many test pilots have gone before us

Could always ask the salesman to take you for a drive and not take you for a “ ride “ ….. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Vettenut
You could ask the dealer if they would drive the car to Race Ready and back - you'd probably have to pay them for it. If they won't cooperate, I would be cautious that there could be something they don't want to know about the car. Having said that, a lot of dealers (most?) don't allow test drives, even on used cars - too many test pilots have gone before us
Yeah, they said they don't allow test drives on any of their cars, even though I've already placed a deposit on it 😑. The dealer is Monroe Motors and they have really great reviews online, so I don't know what I should do.

• Wow
Yeah, they said they don't allow test drives on any of their cars, even though I've already placed a deposit on it 😑. The dealer is Monroe Motors and they have really great reviews online, so I don't know what I should do.
Sure everyone has great reviews online ... to be taken with a grain of salt ... remember they are a used car dealer

No drives even after the deposit ?! .... Look him straight in the eye and quote him a few Schwarzenegger lines ....

No problemo .....

Hasta la vista baby ... and no you wont be back ;)

Or you could do combinations .... eat me ... d#$k wad

Just yankin your chain but I think you get what I'm sayin

Good Luck !

1716920183492.jpeg

Last edited:

Oh and almost forgot ..... get your deposit back .... on the grounds that he wont let you test drive it and your not comfortable with that ;)

Oh and almost forgot ..... get your deposit back .... on the grounds that he wont let you test drive it and your not comfortable with that ;)
Agreed! No test drive, no sale! No F'n way in hell would I buy a used car with testing it first!

Murray, Munro Motors has read your Driving Ability Reviews and is precisely why there are no Test Drives...
Perhaps, but I'd still never buy a used car without a test drive or at least a third party checking it all out mechanically. Just like you should always get a home inspection before buying a house. I've recently found out that one can roll back speedos now. That used to be common place and then manufactured not to be possible and now possible again.

• Agree