Busguy

Casual User
Feb 27, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Just got my C8 2024 on wed , booked Feb 14/2022 , got it on Oct 18/23 from Wilson Niblett, over all great experience, if someone can help me with two questions, First where can I get a quality cover to store for winter ?? Second, should I get ceramic and PPF done now , just store it and do it in May , thanks in advance for suggestions

Attachments

• f81adb51-96c7-4015-80ac-52835c3589a9.jpeg
    f81adb51-96c7-4015-80ac-52835c3589a9.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: MKC8 and PapaSmurf
Just got my C8 2024 on wed , booked Feb 14/2022 , got it on Oct 18/23 from Wilson Niblett, over all great experience, if someone can help me with two questions, First where can I get a quality cover to store for winter ?? Second, should I get ceramic and PPF done now , just store it and do it in May , thanks in advance for suggestions
several threads on covers just do search. Always best to do PPF right away… if wrappping the entire car CC needs to go on after. Enjoy

Reactions: Busguy
I favour the OEM GM covers, but that's just me. You can purchase after-market covers, typically for less, and I've liked them as well but only purchased ones from reputable manufacturers and custom-made to fit, so it works well with the mirrors too. When price-shopping, call the GM OEM parts wholesalers to see what they'd charge for a factory cover...since it's usually 20%+ less than MSRP and that may convince you it's not worthwhile to go after-market.

I think you'd be OK parking your car for the winter, w/o any protective film on it. BUT you'll likely be itching to drive it come spring, so it'll be harder then to leave it a couple days with a shop for that work to be done, which is why I'd do it now. But again that's just me.

One thing to keep in mind but this doesn't apply to you: if you're planning to cover a car that's been freshly painted, they recommend you wait at least a month before doing so, to give the paint time to "cure" properly. I say this for others looking to park and cover up their car for the winter, if they've had some new paint done on it.

Finally, I trust you're aware of the GM subsidized 2 day Corvette New Owner's Driving School at Ron Fellows in Nevada. If not, look into it and consider attending. Most people say it's "the most fun you'll have with your pants on" and you even learn +++++++ lots about your C8. Either way, I know you'll enjoy your new car. Good luck!

Corvette owners love these covers:​

Hugger Custom Made Car Covers​

5.0(9)

Sewing company in Bolton, Ontario

Address: 365 Healey Rd Unit #28, Bolton, ON L7E 5C1

Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 9 a.m. Tue

Phone: (905) 857-1800

Province: Ontario

Reactions: Busguy
Congrats on the car!
Are you storing indoors or outside? I personally think any indoor car cover will work well to keep dust off etc. I bought mine from Amazon for about $120 in 2020 and it works very well. Outdoor covers are a different issue which I am assuming are not what you’re interested in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.