I've considered these too, pricey. Anyone have Magnaflow by chance? C6 with AR long tube x-pipe conv wants a rumble but no drone when top down

I have Corsa Extreme on my Vette with 1-7/8" longtubes, and no cats. Although it sounds amazing and is very intimidating, I do think that it is TOO loud. Many members have Corsa Sport, and they are what I consider to be just about perfect. They are not obnoxiously loud at idle or low rpms (my Extreme is obnoxious everywhere except highway cruising), but generate excellent volume and sound under heavier acceleration.

I have (had) MagnaFlow on my Trans Am and my Trailblazer SS both with longtubes and no cats. I have been quite happy with the MagnaFlow, and experienced no drone in either vehicle. Neighborhood friendly, good rumble and sound, but never the volume of the Corsa Sport either. I opted for the MagnaFlow on my Trans Am because of price and fitment. It just worked out better on that car, and I'm not disappointed with the way it sounds. I went with MagnaFlow on my TBSS because I already knew what it sounded like on my Trans Am, and wanted good sound but could not have something that was going to be too loud as it was a daily driver being started at 6:30am every day.

My recommendation for the Vette is hands-down the Corsa Sport. As mentioned, the idle and low-rpm sound is excellent and not too loud. When you open it up, you will not be able to help but to smile.

I have Corsa Extreme on my Vette with 1-7/8" longtubes, and no cats. Although it sounds amazing and is very intimidating, I do think that it is TOO loud. Many members have Corsa Sport, and they are what I consider to be just about perfect. They are not obnoxiously loud at idle or low rpms (my Extreme is obnoxious everywhere except highway cruising), but generate excellent volume and sound under heavier acceleration.

I have (had) MagnaFlow on my Trans Am and my Trailblazer SS both with longtubes and no cats. I have been quite happy with the MagnaFlow, and experienced no drone in either vehicle. Neighborhood friendly, good rumble and sound, but never the volume of the Corsa Sport either. I opted for the MagnaFlow on my Trans Am because of price and fitment. It just worked out better on that car, and I'm not disappointed with the way it sounds. I went with MagnaFlow on my TBSS because I already knew what it sounded like on my Trans Am, and wanted good sound but could not have something that was going to be too loud as it was a daily driver being started at 6:30am every day.

My recommendation for the Vette is hands-down the Corsa Sport. As mentioned, the idle and low-rpm sound is excellent and not too loud. When you open it up, you will not be able to help but to smile.
I agree 100%...had magnaflow on my 99 vette and drone was beyond bad bad.

I’m looking to purchase and install Corsa exhaust, please suggest me a place to buy so I can save some $$
2009 C6 base.
Just had Hooker Blackheart axle backs delivered to me. Did lots of research on exhaust systems as I have an automatic long tube headers and a super charger and of course I want very little to know drone. From the advice of a few members on this site and all my research and the price $1,156.00 cad I will be installing them Wednesday night on a very handy and must have lift in my son in laws back Corvettes only garage. This system has a built in resonator for no drone. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Attachments

• EEA34AC5-0C9B-4072-9436-D8E4A63404C9.jpeg
    EEA34AC5-0C9B-4072-9436-D8E4A63404C9.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 17
  • D9DDEDD8-9277-4C5D-A68B-4D8C2D59763C.jpeg
    D9DDEDD8-9277-4C5D-A68B-4D8C2D59763C.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 16
Just had Hooker Blackheart axle backs delivered to me. Did lots of research on exhaust systems as I have an automatic long tube headers and a super charger and of course I want very little to know drone. From the advice of a few members on this site and all my research and the price $1,156.00 cad I will be installing them Wednesday night on a very handy and must have lift in my son in laws back Corvettes only garage. This system has a built in resonator for no drone. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Wow. The price is certainly right. Hope it meets your expectations Wayne. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of members waiting for your review as this is near half the price of most of the decent competitor systems. :thumbs:

Reactions: 12cents
Wow. The price is certainly right. Hope it meets your expectations Wayne. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of members waiting for your review as this is near half the price of most of the decent competitor systems. :thumbs:
Be careful for drone...I got burnt with magnaflow

Unfortunately, being careful for drone after the purchase doesn't factor into the equation. Here's hoping that the resonator does it's job. Hope to meet you at the Ponoka meet on Saturday Wayne. I'm sure the Blackheart will be a topic for discussion.

Unfortunately, being careful for drone after the purchase doesn't factor into the equation. Here's hoping that the resonator does it's job. Hope to meet you at the Ponoka meet on Saturday Wayne. I'm sure the Blackheart will be a topic for discussion.
What I forgot to say was I bought 2 resonators and drone was gone..He should be good....Thinking of Carlyle PA for my 06 and I can see then there..

Friend wants catless x-pipe for his 09 ZR1, heard of guys just cutting off rear cats and replacing with straight pipe. Anyone done this?

I had looked all over for the best price both Canada and the U.S. Limitless Motorsports saved me a few hundred dollars, over the next best price and they did a commendable job with the installation.

raw

[email protected]
Office: (289) 805-2394

Reactions: Dantanman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.