As usual, Cliff and 8Vette7 nailed it. Some dealerships don't know how to initialize the TPMS program on a z06. (ask me how I know...
ack2.gif
frown5.gif
) My dealership has morons. (whoda thought it
willy_nilly.gif
) I brought printed instructions and he wanted actual screenshots of the Tech II windows... so here they are.

I hope you need/use this; it took me an hour to find it. (No guilt intended; it was an intellectual challenge I couldn't abandon.) It used to be posted within this forum but the only link I found is dead.

Another version that's quick and short, if your stealership monkey can read--This is the path in the TechII window:
Diagnostics
2001 (insert your year here)
Body
Y
RFA
Special Functions

From there the two TPM options should be there.

(acknowledgement to Russell Boulding)

Hi .....I just got a 2003 Z06 .........And would love to know if anyone has a Tech 2 Available to give me control of the twilight sentinal.....Damn auto pop up lights ....Being a Canadian car the option to turn them off is not available in DIC Options ....Willing to pay a fair price

Here are instructions for tech 2 disable found this online
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes. It can be enabled/disabled with a Tech 2. here's the procedure:

In the Body Control Module menu is a Special Functions option. Under that option you have the ability to reprogram the BCM based on RPO option codes. Select the T82 option for automatic headlights then save. Turn off the Tech 2 and cycle the ignition.

In and around Toronto Aea ...............
The simplest way is just remove the left and right pop up fuse. Save the fuse incase you need your headlights. 🤩😳

Just nip it in a vice and drill a hole through the steel portion the same size of the center of the magnet, that should work
Followed your advice and it’s not working. TPMS must be must be at fault. I will be using my original 17 front and 18 rear. Will be trying Costco Bridgeton run flat tires. They say it gives better bounce than the Goodyear. We’ll see. Its a lot cheaper too. 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread