Brummm

Casual User
Nov 24, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1991 c4
Hi .....I just got a 2003 Z06 .........And would love to know if anyone has a Tech 2 Available to give me control of the twilight sentinal.....Damn auto pop up lights ....Being a Canadian car the option to turn them off is not available in DIC Options ....Willing to pay a fair price

Here are instructions for tech 2 disable found this online
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes. It can be enabled/disabled with a Tech 2. here's the procedure:

In the Body Control Module menu is a Special Functions option. Under that option you have the ability to reprogram the BCM based on RPO option codes. Select the T82 option for automatic headlights then save. Turn off the Tech 2 and cycle the ignition.

In and around Toronto Aea ...............

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I could probably do it with my tunercat II. Not much you can’t do with tunercat II.About 100 bucks for a vehicle definition file, but I’m in NS so (unfotunately) not much help.

Plus, it would be a $100 gamble if I could change it or not.

Tunercat II you can get from Moates.net, but you have to pop about 800 CAD to get it, then the vdf for another 100 or so. I bought it a long time ago when I used to “tune” 6.5 turbo diesels and LB7’s. Haven’t touched it in years....

Hi .....I just got a 2003 Z06 .........And would love to know if anyone has a Tech 2 Available to give me control of the twilight sentinal.....Damn auto pop up lights ....Being a Canadian car the option to turn them off is not available in DIC Options ....Willing to pay a fair price

Here are instructions for tech 2 disable found this online
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes. It can be enabled/disabled with a Tech 2. here's the procedure:

In the Body Control Module menu is a Special Functions option. Under that option you have the ability to reprogram the BCM based on RPO option codes. Select the T82 option for automatic headlights then save. Turn off the Tech 2 and cycle the ignition.

In and around Toronto Aea ...............
I know this is an old thread, but if you haven't done this yet, you don't need a Tech 2 - you can do it through your dashboard display - it's in the owner's manual.

Ohhhhhhh I bought a tech 2 And Just programmed it so I now have the option in DIC ....Thanks for any info that I got ....Relying on others sometimes sucks ........Available info on how to was an easy find .......Finding the tech 2 was the hard part ..

Glad to hear you got it figured out. When I bought my car and brought it up from the States, it passed the Federal inspection with the corner lights. I took it to the dealer for the provincial inspection and they wanted to turn the daytime running lights on and charge me money for it! I informed them not to touch it as it has already passed the federal inspection....but they got their money out of me anyway, however, I'm just glad my headlights weren't programmed to come on during the day.

Reactions: Brummm
Glad to hear you got it figured out. When I bought my car and brought it up from the States, it passed the Federal inspection with the corner lights. I took it to the dealer for the provincial inspection and they wanted to turn the daytime running lights on and charge me money for it! I informed them not to touch it as it has already passed the federal inspection....but they got their money out of me anyway, however, I'm just glad my headlights weren't programmed to come on during the day.
hear you and feel the Pain..........Everyones out to make a dollar ............Auto lights are a Nice Option....However pop up lights suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In garage at start up lights go up.....Pullout of garage Lights go Down....your lights probably cycle 2-10 times a day ...... Then of course you have the plastic gears .......Running daytime lights makes alot of sense to be seen but Man the pop up lights go through alot of wear and tear

JSH i found that out after buying a Tech 2 .....Oh well I now have one and if i see someone close to me that needs it done they can buy me a coffee at a Tim's Im not looking for any money for doing it ...Sometimes doing things for others works out very well and new friends can be made .........JSH Thank you

Hey Brummm, don't know where about you live, but I would really like to permanently disable that function.
Im In Oshawa .....But i drive out to Cambridge and down around you sometimes .........so its possible .......have a number ...private message me I will call you .................name is Lee

Isn't it possible for you just pull the fuse? And have them just pop up with the switch?
You Can pull relay #44, problem solved or get it programmed out with tech II ....I just hate pulling things out incase it somehow effects something else.....................................stole this from RonJ different forum

To defeat the Auto Headlight pop up feature, remove Micro Relay #44 under the toe board.

It might be snug but it will come out and it will solve your problem, guaranteed.

Only drawback is, you have to remember to turn your headlights on and off.

RonJ ...
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: OL Yeller
Just 2 weeks after purchasing my vette and had taken several late day drives I realized I did not like the lights popping up an hour before sundown. removed #44.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2746222375.jpg
    iOS Image - 2746222375.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Brummm
Just 2 weeks after purchasing my vette and had taken several late day drives I realized I did not like the lights popping up an hour before sundown. removed #44.
FENCEMAN................How did it work.....?
If you need it programmed out ....it is possible toooooooooo then you can choose what option you want ...I THOUGHT THEY POPPED up to early tooooooo

Will those Tech 2,s work on all C5,s, or are they year specific? and can they be used to program TPM sensors that are not preset from the factory for your specific year vette, in my case a 99. had an opportunity to purchase new ones at a great price, but were for an 04. The OEM ones are pre programed, but very expensive.

Will those Tech 2,s work on all C5,s, or are they year specific? and can they be used to program TPM sensors that are not preset from the factory for your specific year vette, in my case a 99. had an opportunity to purchase new ones at a great price, but were for an 04. The OEM ones are pre programed, but very expensive.
You only need a round magnet to set your TPMS..just do it from the DIC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread