That's way overpriced for a 2020
That's why it's still on their lot. I just told the sales rep, "no, thank you".
I guess maybe they're counting on someone walking in off the street, and thinking it's a good deal, without doing any homework?
Or, trying to leverage the "huge price increases for the 2024 models", fear tactics?
I can get a 2024 2LT HTC for a shade over that with all the same options and full warranty.
If I'm willing to wait, and I am. ;)

I agree with KTJF. It's a dealer mistake so it's on the dealer to make it right. End of story. You ordered a "custom designed vehicle" with a high price tag, so you should get what you ordered and not an off-colour that doesn't match your vehicle exterior, necessitating a change. That said, if your dealer is NOT reputable, they won't own up to their mistake and stick you with it. Let us know how this works out and consider posting the name of the dealership on the Forums as a warning to others, if you don't get replacement new edge-red calipers.

I agree with KTJF. It's a dealer mistake so it's on the dealer to make it right. End of story. You ordered a "custom designed vehicle" with a high price tag, so you should get what you ordered and not an off-colour that doesn't match your vehicle exterior, necessitating a change. That said, if your dealer is NOT reputable, they won't own up to their mistake and stick you with it. Let us know how this works out and consider posting the name of the dealership on the Forums as a warning to others, if you don't get replacement new edge-red calipers.
Yes, your right but the most you can hope for is they will paint the calipers, put new decals on them and put them back on which is about $600 labour.
Not to mention the red mist paint which is $900 a pint. Like KTJF said this is a 2K job which is half of what the dealer cost is to order edge red Z51's all around.
The only good thing to come of this is that my calipers now will actually be a closer match in colour to the car than the edge red ones are.

Reactions: KTJF and ScottyR
Get your dealer to order his next allocation that has bright red caliper option with edge red ones and switch them,
I spoke to a buddy of mine at another dealer who was placing an order for another customer and it did come up. I also asked the dealer to do this today.

With car now delivered, what did they end up doing for you for those calipers?
Due to the extreme cost of $5500 through parts, going to take Gilles suggestion above and order on another car and swap. The bright red ones actually
match the red stripe on the Q9A 70th anniversary wheels better than the edge red ones do is the feedback I am getting from people who stand back and
look at the car so I may just end up leaving it. I also have the red/black two tone interior with red stitching which matches as well with the roof down.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Due to the extreme cost of $5500 through parts, going to take Gilles suggestion above and order on another car and swap. The bright red ones actually
match the red stripe on the Q9A 70th anniversary wheels better than the edge red ones do is the feedback I am getting from people who stand back and
look at the car so I may just end up leaving it. I also have the red/black two tone interior with red stitching which matches as well with the roof down.
Scott,
I think they look fine 'as is', however, what's important here is what you think.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Yes, they do.
Should you change your mind down the road, I'll whip over to Home Depot and grab some painters tape and a spray bomb.
Your killing me! :) Sounds like your not recommending the $900 a pint matching paint!

Your killing me! :) Sounds like your not recommending the $900 a pint matching paint!
$900.00?
Seems excessive.
Just have a look at these financially prudent options.
If it's the lettering that concerns you, we could have a word with my Wife's manicurist - she has a fairly steady hand.

Attachments

• Options.jpg
    Options.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
$900.00?
Seems excessive.
Just have a look at these financially prudent options.
If it's the lettering that concerns you, we could have a word with my Wife's manicurist - she has a fairly steady hand.
All of those look very close to the red mist metallic tint coat. I think ordering decals might be the better way to go but thank your wife for me anyhow!
Scott

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.