Jul 3, 2013
Oshawa
VetteCoins
Car
1969 C3
Regarding NCRS documentation, do I contact the Provincial chapter or NCRS at a national level?

Also, how do I determine if my 1969c3 is an early or late production.
Apparently, this info. may be needed when ordering certain and specific parts.

Thanks
Chuck

It is my understanding that to join NCRS, you must first belong to the National organization and then join the Ontario chapter. If you are looking at getting your car a top flight award, then the first thing you will need is the NCRS guide/rule book for your year car. You will be surprised at what is involved in this endeavour. Good luck.
To determine if your 69 is an early production I would think that can be done through the VIN number. Do you have the build sheet? I don't really know too much about the C3, maybe someone else here will chime in. You could also ask at the museum, but I don't know how much help they will be either, as I believe most records from the St Louis plant are gone.

National Corvette Museum

If your car was produced for the Canadian market, you may find more info on it through the GM Vintage Vehicle Site.

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/shopping/parts/vintage

Last edited:
For your build date, look at your trim tag on the driver's side hinge pillar. The tag lists your original paint colour and interior trim. It also contains the code for the build date next to the word Chevrolet. There is a letter followed by two numbers. The letter represents the month of the model year (A is August of 1968 through to Q which is December of 1969) and the two digits represent the day of that month. 1969 was a vey long model year with about three major equipment revisions throughout the year.

Duh...Good call on the door pillar and build date Greg. Never even thought of it..... I should know better. :rofl:

For your build date, look at your trim tag on the driver's side hinge pillar. The tag lists your original paint colour and interior trim. It also contains the code for the build date next to the word Chevrolet. There is a letter followed by two numbers. The letter represents the month of the model year (A is August of 1968 through to Q which is December of 1969) and the two digits represent the day of that month. 1969 was a vey long model year with about three major equipment revisions throughout the year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.