Thanks. Paint, fit and finish were all reasonable. I could see no show stoppers. No obvious flaws.
When I looked at it last Thursday in their shop, it looked like the ceramic coating had already been applied.
It was so slick looking.
Weather here has been crap. Rained all day yesterday, so had to select "Weather" mode for initial cruise.
Did today's drive (overcast, rained a little here and there) in "Tour".
One thing I noted. Tire pressures were all off. I had to correct them today before we went out.
Makes me wonder what else they missed doing the PDI?
I'll be checking oil tomorrow, not sure what else I can check? Too late to look for leaks.
Transmission seems fine, shifts are crisp, up and down. I haven't tried M mode yet, just P/D/R/N.
Throttle responds quickly and smoothly, as I'm still under break-in rules, I'm taking it very easy.
Mine was also delivered with tires at 35-36psi when manual says 30. Easy fix

• Wow
Reactions: MKC8
I also got screwed on the lux tax on my ceramic coating. They added it to the BOS as if I had ordered it with the car. I'm sure I told them "wait until after we finished the purchase", and then I would pay for it separately. They said they had been cautioned before (by I have no idea who?) for trying to beat the luxury tax, and that's why they included it.
So much for doing PPF without clay bar!! Plus having to redo the Ceramic!

• Agree
Another nearby dealer has been recommended for service, London area. We'll see how that goes.

If I missed anyone's comments and suggestions, please know it's been a hectic few days.
I appreciate the ones I saw, and everything you suggested was spot on.
When's the next cruise? :Party:

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
Taken Tuesday, during a brief break in the rain, a few miles downstream from home.
P_20231121_153613.jpg
P_20231121_153557.jpg

Late to the game, congrats. Know you have been waiting awhile. Props for taking it out in the rain. Personally I don't think you need the "Weather Mode". Just drive like we did in the 60's and 70's, with respect for the conditions. Manual mode opens up your ability to control when YOU change the gears. Followed too many people in auto when you can hear the gears shift at 2k. Actually embarrassed for them lol...

• Clever
No worries. Thanks, better late than never. :)
I'm still under the 500 mile benchmark for break-in, so I'm trying to be careful, and avoid hitting the 4000RPM ceiling during that period. PITA, I totally agree, and I want to drive like we did in the last century. Before ABS, for example, when you actually had to use judgement in braking, there was no skid control, or fuel cutoff/rpm limiters. Too much technology, trying to idiot proof everything.
Those days when driving like idiots was actually more fun..... ;)

Here's a good one folks.
I thought the sales guy said he put the rear brake cooling duct parts in the frunk. So, it wasn't raining today, I decided to check out the battery maintainer, and see what else I could find, and low and behold, no rear brake cooling ducts??? Where could he have put them?
You guessed it. They installed them during the PDI. :mad::Banghead::Mad5:
When I looked quickly after we left on Tuesday (in the rain), I guess I saw the black front plate "dummy" knock out on top of some other things which were cargo nets and some sort of cover or bag plus the battery charger box, and thought it was the cooling duct parts piled with the rest of it in the frunk.
The 2024 PDI checklist specifically states "do not install the rear brake cooling ducts". (Exactly, netsinah)
I let the sales guy know when I figured it out, and he said he'd forward the concern to the Service Manager.
That was early afternoon.
Crickets so far..........
I hope I've only collected at most, some rain water, and some dead leaves in the rear brakes.
Roads were dry today. Not a lot of debris visible on any we chose to drive.
Popped the tonneau cover, everything looked good under there.
Still learning the controls, and trying little hidden features.
Folding mirrors is nice.

Here's a good one folks.
I thought the sales guy said he put the rear brake cooling duct parts in the frunk. So, it wasn't raining today, I decided to check out the battery maintainer, and see what else I could find, and low and behold, no rear brake cooling ducts??? Where could he have put them?
You guessed it. They installed them during the PDI. :mad::Banghead::Mad5:
When I looked quickly after we left on Tuesday (in the rain), I guess I saw the black front plate "dummy" knock out on top of some other things which were cargo nets and some sort of cover or bag plus the battery charger box, and thought it was the cooling duct parts piled with the rest of it in the frunk.
The 2024 PDI checklist specifically states "do not install the rear brake cooling ducts". (Exactly, netsinah)
I let the sales guy know when I figured it out, and he said he'd forward the concern to the Service Manager.
That was early afternoon.
Crickets so far..........
I hope I've only collected at most, some rain water, and some dead leaves in the rear brakes.
Roads were dry today. Not a lot of debris visible on any we chose to drive.
Popped the tonneau cover, everything looked good under there.
Still learning the controls, and trying little hidden features.
Folding mirrors is nice.
Are you going to track the car?

Oldish thread, but I have to update it.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....
I was able to contact the Service Manager @ PL, after some emails wound up in the cyber recycle bin. My bad on that.
So, he was very apologetic, and said he talked to the PDI tech that did my car, and yes, the rear cooling ducts were installed in error.
We arranged to have the rear brake cooling duct situation resolved earlier this afternoon. I took the car in and had it back in under 1/2 an hour. I gave them a green trash bag to put the removed parts and screws and bolts in, and they fllled it like Santa's sleigh.
When I got home, I decided to see what fasteners might be missing, and discovered 2 "extra" black molded plastic panels in the bag.
There should have only been 3 molded plastic parts (per side) and some screws and bolts. There were 4 molded plastic parts?
Any guesses? (scroll down)

(they removed the front brake cooling ducts, as well)

Oldish thread, but I have to update it.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....
I was able to contact the Service Manager @ PL, after some emails wound up in the cyber recycle bin. My bad on that.
So, he was very apologetic, and said he talked to the PDI tech that did my car, and yes, the rear cooling ducts were installed in error.
We arranged to have the rear brake cooling duct situation resolved earlier this afternoon. I took the car in and had it back in under 1/2 an hour. I gave them a green trash bag to put the removed parts and screws and bolts in, and they fllled it like Santa's sleigh.
When I got home, I decided to see what fasteners might be missing, and discovered 2 "extra" black molded plastic panels in the bag.
There should have only been 3 molded plastic parts (per side) and some screws and bolts. There were 4 molded plastic parts?
Any guesses? (scroll down)

(they removed the front brake cooling ducts, as well)
To play the 'Devil's Advocate' here, while I'm not sure exactly why you want the rear cooling ducts removed, but wouldn't the same reasoning apply to the front?

To play the 'Devil's Advocate' here, while I'm not sure exactly why you want the rear cooling ducts removed, but wouldn't the same reasoning apply to the front?
The rears hang lower and will scoop up everything in their path. They're identified as "track purposes/usage only" in the 2024 PDI checklist, and are not to be installed on Z51, Z06, E-Ray during PDI. The fronts are supposed to be installed, same document, and are more like a protective cover under the control arms, and are higher up off the ground, and much less prone to scooping up that squirrel, skunk, raccoon, gravel, leaves, twigs, gators, car parts, and so on, that the people in front of you just left on the road.

MK ... sounds like if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all with this service department
Born under a bad sign, for sure. Great tune, btw.
I let the Service Manager know with an FYI email.
They've seen the last of me. Unless it's a dire emergency.
Open to suggestions for dealerships near me, which is within 150kms or 90 miles. London would be a consideration. There are a few there.
I'll fix this one myself, if I can scrounge enough 8mm bolts out of the pile they left in the bag for me.
And if the weather holds.
I think I deserve a drink. Or two.
Nighty night, gents....

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller
Born under a bad sign, for sure. Great tune, btw.
I let the Service Manager know with an FYI email.
They've seen the last of me. Unless it's a dire emergency.
Open to suggestions for dealerships near me, which is within 150kms or 90 miles. London would be a consideration. There are a few there.
I'll fix this one myself, if I can scrounge enough 8mm bolts out of the pile they left in the bag for me.
And if the weather holds.
I think I deserve a drink. Or two.
Nighty night, gents....
Did ya get er done?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.