Sep 19, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 Stingray HTCZ51
Province
ON
In a few hours (it's pissing rain here) we'll head over and see what's what.
Any last minute suggestions as to things to scrutinize?
I'm assuming the extended warranty and OnStar upgrades are still to be avoided today.
The warranty can be added later at an escalating $$ rate as time/mileage progresses.
Basic OnStar is good enough for most. Seems it's becoming a bit of a dinosaur.
Anything else, mes amis? What would you have done, or not done, on your delivery date?
Or done differently, had you known about it beforehand?

Last edited:
I'm assuming the extended warranty and OnStar upgrades are still to be avoided today.
The warranty can be added later at an escalating $$ rate as time/mileage progresses.
Anything else, mes amis? What would you have done, or not done, on your delivery date?
I took the sales rep a nice bottle of scotch for himself, and a case of wine for him to distribute to all involved.
You will never find any minor, or hidden issues on day 1.
Best to ensure you look after everyone at the Dealership now if you expect them to remember your name when something does come up.
But, hey, that's just me.

Bring a flashlight to really look at the paint in some harder to see spots.

I had a suction cup mark on the trunk lid ( detailer missed it big time, was in plain sight) and I had a tiny crack in fiberglass underneath door handle ( ceramic guy found later that afternoon). Detailer fixed cup mark on the spot and fiberglass crack will likely get fixed 2024 but it’s documented and approved.

Otherwise just hope you get nice weather for pickup; here it’s supposed to be really crummy.

full OnStar is now included for 3 years

Make sure you've got the "window sticker". If you're getting the Z51 package, make sure the "dive planes" are in the trunk and not on the car. The car should also come with a small "gas funnel" for adding fuel to the tank. Ensure the correct mileage is recorded on the BOS. Aside from refusing all the usual "new car nonsense" (shop the GM extended warranty later), avoid buying other accessories that you can buy much cheaper from a GM OEM wholesaler (floor mats, trunk/frunk mats, lug nuts...locking or otherwise, car cover), plus you avoid the extra "luxury tax" when you don't include these accessories with a new vehicle. Get protective outer coatings elsewhere (PPF/ceramic). If the dealer is going to be servicing your car, make sure they know you get not only 2 free oil/filter changes, but also a free DCT filter/fluid top-up. If they're not sure, have them look it up to confirm so you don't face that issue down the road.

Aside from all that, ENJOY your new vehicle and observe the break-in requirements. Too bad if it's raining but sunny skies are ahead!

Overcast today with no rain. You already have a top On-Star package for 3 years as they added $1200 to the base price of the car last fall.
Bring and SD card and set to record when the car is running with sound.
Had planned to post a pic, but the weather out here has been miserable, mostly overcast/raining 2 days running.

So far, I'm very impressed with the performance, even at "break-in" speed/power.
I still have a ton of "wtf does this setting or thing do?" research to do, searching the OM for answers mostly.
I got the 5 minute sales guy demo, and that got us started and exiting the dealer lot.
Put 100 miles on it yesterday, and another 100 today.
The MyChevrolet or MyGMC apps have the OM included in them, so that's helped.
I also downloaded the OM to our phones.
So far, no problems with Google Maps nav, but I have no prior experience to compare. I do see posted speed limits during navigation, high right side of tach/speedo combo. Someone said they lost that info?
HUD is pretty cool. The headlights are awesome, got home after dark today, and was impressed by the forward roadway/freeway coverage. High beams are like stadium lighting.
Best guess, another week to hit the magical 500 miles for full power awakening, and to figure out the rest of the mystery stuff.
So far, so good.
Where can we get some decent pillow/blanket sets, for sleeping in it, in the driveway? :cool:

Reactions: Murray20c8
If it's not too late to see this, make sure you have your SD card with you. Make sure you also enable Audio when you enable the PDR! You'll want to save the file of your first drive in the car.
Too late. I didn't see these suggestions until after we left for the dealership.
I did take an SD card with me. It's in the PDR, but I didn't enable aut-recording. Sound is enabled now.
I find it fairly quiet in the cabin at cruising speed. Had to use "weather" mode yesterday, as it pissed rain all day.
It gets it's "growl" on, when I squeeze the throttle a bit. Keeping it under 4000rpm.

Nice to hear. At least you know where to go if you have any questions!
When I get a minute, I'll see if the Google Play Store has anything interesting to add to the apps on board.
It picked up Waze from my android/phone account, after I synced it, so I've got multiple nav options now.
Tried Google Maps nav this afternoon, and had no problems with it. Seems to work fine.
Might be some good sun tomorrow, so I'll see about pics.

Make sure you've got the "window sticker". If you're getting the Z51 package, make sure the "dive planes" are in the trunk and not on the car. The car should also come with a small "gas funnel" for adding fuel to the tank. Ensure the correct mileage is recorded on the BOS. Aside from refusing all the usual "new car nonsense" (shop the GM extended warranty later), avoid buying other accessories that you can buy much cheaper from a GM OEM wholesaler (floor mats, trunk/frunk mats, lug nuts...locking or otherwise, car cover), plus you avoid the extra "luxury tax" when you don't include these accessories with a new vehicle. Get protective outer coatings elsewhere (PPF/ceramic). If the dealer is going to be servicing your car, make sure they know you get not only 2 free oil/filter changes, but also a free DCT filter/fluid top-up. If they're not sure, have them look it up to confirm so you don't face that issue down the road.

Aside from all that, ENJOY your new vehicle and observe the break-in requirements. Too bad if it's raining but sunny skies are ahead!
Check to your 1st and 2nd points. Sticker and air dam not installed. Got the emerg fuel funnel. Got at least one cargo net and battery maintainer. Muguards are installed, thank goodness, after the weather yesterday and today.
6 km on it, due to filling fuel tank. 10-4 on the after market shopping.
The dealer I used adds the locking lug nuts to all the top end cars they order, which I didn't know, so I have them at factory price ($30?). I also got screwed on the lux tax on my ceramic coating. They added it to the BOS as if I had ordered it with the car. I'm sure I told them "wait until after we finished the purchase", and then I would pay for it separately. They said they had been cautioned before (by I have no idea who?) for trying to beat the luxury tax, and that's why they included it. My eyebrows were raised, as you can imagine. Not pleased about that.
Bottom line, we finally have the car, we love it, and if we ever decide to buy another, we'll know one dealer to avoid.
You all know where I live, so you can figure that part out, if anyone ever asks you for a recommendation.
Cheers mateys!! :Cheers2:

Bring a flashlight to really look at the paint in some harder to see spots.

I had a suction cup mark on the trunk lid ( detailer missed it big time, was in plain sight) and I had a tiny crack in fiberglass underneath door handle ( ceramic guy found later that afternoon). Detailer fixed cup mark on the spot and fiberglass crack will likely get fixed 2024 but it’s documented and approved.

Otherwise just hope you get nice weather for pickup; here it’s supposed to be really crummy.
Thanks. Paint, fit and finish were all reasonable. I could see no show stoppers. No obvious flaws.
When I looked at it last Thursday in their shop, it looked like the ceramic coating had already been applied.
It was so slick looking.
Weather here has been crap. Rained all day yesterday, so had to select "Weather" mode for initial cruise.
Did today's drive (overcast, rained a little here and there) in "Tour".
One thing I noted. Tire pressures were all off. I had to correct them today before we went out.
Makes me wonder what else they missed doing the PDI?
I'll be checking oil tomorrow, not sure what else I can check? Too late to look for leaks.
Transmission seems fine, shifts are crisp, up and down. I haven't tried M mode yet, just P/D/R/N.
Throttle responds quickly and smoothly, as I'm still under break-in rules, I'm taking it very easy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.