Honest to God it makes ya wonder sometimes what the mental giants are doing in the back shop. Surely to goodness when the work order went out it stated remove blah blah blah. But apparently not , it must have read "remove all cooling duct covers".

Sorry to hear about this. Most dealerships I've come across in my years are pretty decent. It just ramps up frustration when something like this happens...

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8 and Murray20c8
Honest to God it makes ya wonder sometimes what the mental giants are doing in the back shop. Surely to goodness when the work order went out it stated remove blah blah blah. But apparently not , it must have read "remove all cooling duct covers".

Sorry to hear about this. Most dealerships I've come across in my years are pretty decent. It just ramps up frustration when something like this happens...
Yeah, I used to take my 2002 Chevy Express 3500 van (converted to a Roadtrek 190P class B motorhome) there for the chassis related stuff back when we first landed here in 2012. We sold it in 2017, and only now have returned to them because we bought the C8 there.
Interesting, or not, 2 of the senior Service advisors that were there between 2012-2017, have left the dealer, and moved elsewhere. I always wondered why, but I think the answer has become clearer, since the C8 arrived. My wife just rolled her eyes and shook her head when we discovered the latest snafu late yesterday afternoon.
The real pity is the Service Manager seems like a good guy, affable, quick to respond to my first issue, but once the car is "in the back" I guess all bets are off. I expect I'll take it back one more time, if he offers to have the fronts reinstalled. I could do it myself with a couple of oil change ramps and an 8mm socket, but it's getting colder, and I'm not getting any younger. I think some of the fasteners/bolts are missing, as well, but I'd have to get under the car to verify that. They did salvage the 2 pushpin fasteners for the fronts, so that helps.
Thanks for the input. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.