Featured Thread
I just ordered the GM GPS update for my 2019 C7. The current promotion is $60.00 off.
good idea ... I have that update on both my C7's
then I really started to like Car Play options (Apple Map, Google Map & Waze)
However I travel through many indigenous areas and Nav is the only option then
when mobile service is lost/unavailable. Got all the tools.
Self updating is a breeze but definitely read & follow the directions.
I did a Cadillac, 2 GMC's & 2 Vettes with different instructions (ya they nailed me with costs x5)

Last edited:
Howdy SN Cubed. :Biggrin:

I logged over 3000 klicks so far this spring and summer (retired .... until my phone rings again....) so thats a lot of errands, etc. without information of the many road changes for just the Edmonton region. For example, the Henday is still incomplete on my current software. Since Cathy and I have a small road trip planned for early August I figure now is the right time to get the update. I was not aware of the promotion until I started to complete the order form. BONUS!

As for the installation, there are a couple of YouTude vids with detailed instructions how to install the update. Its eazy-peazy. Even though the original poster clearly explained how to install the update without running his car I think I'll idle my car on the driveway for the ~50 minutes for the update to install while I detail the exterior and interior.

Reactions: YFCvii
For a 2019, one would have thought warranty to cover any costs?!
Ya ... over the years I found this one thing is like an after-market item
on a new GM vehicle. Totally third-party. So when I purchased one of the last
brand new 2017 Chevy Trax in June of 2018 (when the 2018 Trax flooded the lot).
I negotiated a Nav Update price in my offer to purchase ... it was accepted.
It's all in how you juggle this ... and when it comes to used C7 Corvettes now,
I am recommending that people negotiate the following to be added ...

1. Reprogram the remotes so that only the fobs included are good (no others)
2. Check to see if there is a Nav update and negotiate the cost off the used Corvette

among the other normal things (car fax, inspection for insurance, etc etc etc)

Howdy SN Cubed. :Biggrin:

I logged over 3000 klicks so far this spring and summer (retired .... until my phone rings again....) so thats a lot of errands, etc. without information of the many road changes for just the Edmonton region. For example, the Henday is still incomplete on my current software. Since Cathy and I have a small road trip planned for early August I figure now is the right time to get the update. I was not aware of the promotion until I started to complete the order form. BONUS!

As for the installation, there are a couple of YouTude vids with detailed instructions how to install the update. Its eazy-peazy. Even though the original poster clearly explained how to install the update without running his car I think I'll idle my car on the driveway for the ~50 minutes for the update to install while I detail the exterior and interior.
Ha Ha ... "cubed" ... it's a 3rd generation name thing (I'm the 3rd) ...

Idle the car ... no harm in all the ones I have done ... you may find the update goes faster than 50 mins so do not worry.
Do not go without reading those instructions in the box ... they can change from one update
to another on the same vehicle. I found that with a vehicle I once had.

IIRC in my C6 days there was some talk of "one free update" within two years or so of buying your car. .... that was the DVD based software. ... In my experience the DVD was a pretty terrible system.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Okay. This is the difference between FedEx and all the rest of the parcel delivery services. ;)

I placed my order for the Navigation update yesterday at 10:29 AM MST and the parcel just arrived (2:32 PM MST). That is 28 hours from Murfreesboro (?) Tennessee to my door in St. Albert, Alberta. The delivery history starts at the bottom ....
  • Friday , 7/24/2020
    2:32 pm
    ST. ALBERT, AB
    Delivered
    Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized

• 11:38 am
    EDMONTON, AB
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery

• 9:57 am
    EDMONTON, AB
    At local FedEx facility

• 8:31 am
    EDMONTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AB
    International shipment release - Import

• 7:37 am
    EDMONTON INT'L AIRPORT, AB
    At destination sort facility

• 4:59 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Departed FedEx location

• 4:47 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    In transit

• 1:59 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    In transit

• 12:46 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location

• Thursday , 7/23/2020
    7:01 pm
    SMYRNA, TN
    Left FedEx origin facility

• 5:59 pm
    MURFREESBORO, TN
    Picked up

• 3:12 pm
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    :Cheers2:
    😎

Okay. This is the difference between FedEx and all the rest of the parcel delivery services. ;)

I placed my order for the Navigation update yesterday at 10:29 AM MST and the parcel just arrived (2:32 PM MST). That is 28 hours from Murfreesboro (?) Tennessee to my door in St. Albert, Alberta. The delivery history starts at the bottom ....
  • Friday , 7/24/2020
    2:32 pm
    ST. ALBERT, AB
    Delivered
    Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized

• 11:38 am
    EDMONTON, AB
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery

• 9:57 am
    EDMONTON, AB
    At local FedEx facility

• 8:31 am
    EDMONTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AB
    International shipment release - Import

• 7:37 am
    EDMONTON INT'L AIRPORT, AB
    At destination sort facility

• 4:59 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Departed FedEx location

• 4:47 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    In transit

• 1:59 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    In transit

• 12:46 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location

• Thursday , 7/23/2020
    7:01 pm
    SMYRNA, TN
    Left FedEx origin facility

• 5:59 pm
    MURFREESBORO, TN
    Picked up

• 3:12 pm
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    :Cheers2:
    😎

Definitely worth the extra money. Spence sent me a care package last week. Barely 3 days from Calgary to my door in Pattaya Thailand.
That Nav update is easy to install Dik. Takes a bit of time but worked great for Spence and I. It is so nice to not be driving in the wilderness and actually have a road on the map again.

• Agree
Reactions: Dik and YFCvii
Just did the 2020 Navigation System Map Update from the supplied USB stick. It took 1 hour and 6 minutes on my C7. A bit longer than the about 50 minutes as stated in the install instruction. I left the car running as per the install instructions. Duh, after 1 hour my car's computer shut off the car on it's own. Had to quickly restart car; fortunately no disruption to the install, and it completed cleanly.

Reactions: Dik and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.