There is some serious money behind Mosport now, so something serious is bound to happen. Living as close as we do, I might just get to a race or two if they get serious. It's been a long time coming.

amen,keith how many years has there been talk of a dragstrip at mosport. that would be fantastic. when i finally get the new house and shop built i plan on putting together a race car. a strip at mosport , pure adrenaline nirvana.

Having sold all of our musclecars, I guess the only thing to do would be to beat on the Corvette a little. It's all talk until you have put down some solid numbers. GM claims performance numbers. Chassis dynos tell part of the story. Out on the track, you find out what you and the car are capable of. Most of us are the weak point. No excuses allowed. I hope they get that drag strip pretty soon or I will be too old and I will need someone to ride shotgun to shift while I do the clutch work. :driving:

Having sold all of our musclecars, I guess the only thing to do would be to beat on the Corvette a little. It's all talk until you have put down some solid numbers. GM claims performance numbers. Chassis dynos tell part of the story. Out on the track, you find out what you and the car are capable of. Most of us are the weak point. No excuses allowed. I hope they get that drag strip pretty soon or I will be too old and I will need someone to ride shotgun to shift while I do the clutch work. :driving:
by the time i got to the third lever on the lenco i forgot what i was doing :confused:

it's been almost 37 years since i had my last race car. i would like to do some nostalgia racing, been talking to a few guys involved with ontario nostalgia drag racers, should be alot of fun to participate in a few events. really used to enjoy some of the tracks,lancaster ny was fun but you had to get onto the brakes pretty hard. this summer i had to take a pass on a car i had the hots for ,broke my heart. a rat powered ,tube frame,caged 49 ford coupe,turn key. ended up going for 9500. have no choice till i get the new house and shop built. :(

Ondr

Friends are racing on the ONDR nostalgia drag circuit here in Southern Ontario. They are having a lot of fun doing it. This Thames used to be the mail delivery vehicle around Omemee in the fifties. It could deliver the mail a lot quicker today. I have a picture somewhere of this Thames launching with the front wheels about two feet of the ground. ;)

Last edited:
that pic was taken at bridgenorth,no ? i have spoken to the owner a few times. one night this past season there were about half a dozen o.n.d.r. fellas show up. later in the evening they had a little cackle fest. " venom " was a ground shaker from 40ft away. he is from ennismore i believe and i was told a little while back that the car broke the 7's this summer. one lad has a 50 studebaker coupe for sale that i am very interested in,if the car is still for sale when i have all my ducks in a row,i'd see about making a deal.

I know all of that group, some from as far back as the sixties. Roger's '30s Chev and Roy's Studebaker were built more or less the way they would have in the fifties. Elwood poured a pile of money into Venom in the build of that car. Bridgenorth and Uxbridge have two of the nicest cruise nights around within reasonable driving distance. Port Hope isn't bad either. I hear Bancroft has a decent cruise night too. Here's the old racers.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.