I miss the pretty much open border deal..... My house growing up was maybe a half mile from the border. Customs either side didn't care if we played near or even just over the border. Now you get arrested. Knew people with houses on both sides and they all friends. We'd grill and drink beer with the American kids. Heck a few American kids went our schools because it was walking distance VS taking the school bus everyday..............

info on our American neighbors: Point Roberts, Washington - Wikipedia

an article on our relationship: http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ice-of-the-u-s-only-accessible-through-canada

I miss the 1980's it was a lot friendlier................................

No biggie Mike... I just look around. I count up all the shortfalls of our country including the taxes, the price of gasoline and groceries, the potholes in the roads, the silly government decisions, etc., and ya know...Nothing bad about Canada even comes close to the good things. Canada has done well by me and I wouldn't trade my Canadian citizenship and my right to live in this great country for anything .....And I sort of feel sorry for those that would....
JMO..... and no nerves have been harmed in the making of this reply.......lol....

Not me. I’d bail on my Canadian citizenship in a heartbeat if I could. No question at all.

Almost everyone I meet in my travels assumes I am American when I meet them. I correct them if it comes up but it demonstrates the perception of people with Canadians and Americans being culturally and visually very similar. They all smile and do a shiver move when they learn I’m Canadian. Then most ask how to move to Canada.
I can’t imagine giving up my Canadian citizenship. I am very happy and proud to be Canadian... as I would be If I was born American.
I assume you would rather be American Mike?

To stay on topic... pretty sure my 08 Chevy Avalanche was made in Mexico.

Goodbye Mike :Seeya: ... please send up a generous supply of that jam once in a while.
Want help to clean out your ride before the border?
We are gonna have to remember to do that after July 1st changes to a Happy Cannabis Day next year ... :cigar::canada:
Oh yes ... anybody need investment advise ... invest in the Munchies Companies ... there's gonna be an increased demand on them post July 1st 2018 :thumbs:

Warning: just came to realize that it sounds like MikeysZ06 videos will be year round for us if the stars align a certain way

Last edited:
No biggie Mike... I just look around. I count up all the shortfalls of our country including the taxes, the price of gasoline and groceries, the potholes in the roads, the silly government decisions, etc., and ya know...Nothing bad about Canada even comes close to the good things. Canada has done well by me and I wouldn't trade my Canadian citizenship and my right to live in this great country for anything .....And I sort of feel sorry for those that would....
JMO..... and no nerves have been harmed in the making of this reply.......lol....
I agree whole heartedly Eric. We’re certainly not struggling in Canada. Ive just always had an attraction to the US.

I've lived in the USA off and on since childhood. Its not the Reagan era America anymore. I also like having Canadian citizenship and glad I never went the America route. I like that in the UK, can vote as a Canadian in all their elections. I'm more pro Britain VS America now. I see Paul Revere and the British are coming as a now shoot the traitor deal!

Last edited:
We are gonna have to remember to do that after July 1st changes to a Happy Cannabis Day next year ... :cigar::canada:
Oh yes ... anybody need investment advise ... invest in the Munchies Companies ... there's gonna be an increased demand on them post July 1st 2018 :thumbs:

mmmmmm....munchies...... !
happyfacestoner.jpg

Speaking of NAFTA, it appears 220 pounds of Cocaine was seized Saturday at the Coutts border crossing....Cha Ching....someone is out a few bucks.... Guess free trade is already starting to suffer.... :confused:
:Woot: Good News Eric ... whew! I just checked ... It's not Mikey as he has not tried to pack up to leave yet .... ;)

Last edited:
I have spent 30+ years working around the world. I have been in some nasty places and always I have been treated with respect when it is found out I am Canadian. I even sat at the Captain's table on a Chinese crew boat when he found out I was Canadian (he didn't speak English and I don't speak Chinese but I did figure out that Dr. Bethune saved his life when he was a child). As much as I might grumble about our government and politicians we have it pretty good here. I am not interested in moving South, East or West from Canada. :canada::Seeya::canada::Seeya::canada:

I just wished they would fix the #@*($!%! potholes.

On ships.... I have two uncles on BC Ferries and both are first mates on the biggest Ferries in the system. Most of the unseen crew is Asian from the merchant navy system........... Nice thing I get too sail on the bridge most times when I've taken a Ferry.

Uncle has been on that boat.... Not his shift that crashed though. The one that is based in Nanaimo is a licensed captain but stays a mate cause you get union benefits that captains get zero from..

Here is on bridge when I took people to Victoria for the day. I was sitting in my uncles chair when taking the photo.

Attachments

• 44820_1559238823054_2476640_n.jpg
    44820_1559238823054_2476640_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 8
Here is on bridge when I took people to Victoria for the day. I was sitting in my uncles chair when taking the photo.
... pretty cool ... events like that on the bridge will last a lifetime for you :thumbs:

... and if our retirements have us moving there Mikey, we will need a bigger boat eh ? ;)
MikesTow01.jpg

hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off-topic in the way we-go ... gotta like it (is it Spring yet?)

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.