Feb 15, 2012
Wellesley,ON
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
So this morning was my wife's first marathon. She's done quite a few 1/2 marathons including one just 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what her official time was but I know that it's around the 4 hour and 30 minute mark. I'm very proud of her and I'm always happy to support her, she more than puts up with my Vette addiction. The marathon was pretty cool as they had to run across the Ambassador Bridge from Detroit to Canada, and then come back again through the tunnel. I think the highlight was her medal, which is probably the coolest medal I have ever seen. It has a 2014 Stingray on it! Anyway, I just wanted to share this as I'm really proud of her, and for this those of you that run, it may be something to put on your bucket list. Cheers.

ge2a8evu.jpg

usuraqyj.jpg

ezaguvyv.jpg

byzu9uhy.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to you and her and that is quite the feat!!! I remember my wife completing the Marine Corps Marathon years ago and, only being there, does one realize the agony these people endure to complete such a distance. This is why we invented the automobile you know!

Good stuff!!!

Thanks guys! You're right, it puts a real perspective on what these runners have gone through to get there, and what they're going through at that moment. I'm not a runner, so I have a huge respect for these people.

Wow, now she's done the full marathon.......that is something to be proud of and we're all proud of her too. Congrats to her from all of us here, Justin.

Anyone who can run 26 miles is one hell of an athlete in my books. Absolutely outstanding!

Cool medal for sure and with a Stingray on it too.

C.

Wow, now she's done the full marathon.......that is something to be proud of and we're all proud of her too. Congrats to her from all of us here, Justin.

Anyone who can run 26 miles is one hell of an athlete in my books. Absolutely outstanding!

Cool medal for sure and with a Stingray on it too.

C.

Thanks Colin!

J-man my hats off to your wife - outstanding! And if you'd only known the medal was like that, I'm sure you could have risen to the occasion.............

Time to pony up the goods, new shoes, maybe a Garmin if she doesn't have one, there's treats for runners as there are for Corvette drivers so time to ante up the rewards!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Lol! Thanks Garry! She has a Garmin...and loves it. She has two pairs of shoes. One pair with a thinner sole for shorter distances and another pair with a more cushioned sole for longer distance runs. Experimenting with gels has been a big part too as most are pretty gross.
I really don't think I could have done it. It looks so crazy.

Great job on the run! I heardly drive 42km never mind running running that far! Congratulations!

I hear you RileyP. I don't think that I could do it. I'm very proud of her. She placed 74th out of 274 for her age group (30-34), she was 578 out of all females and 1814 out of 2262 marathoners. Great results for her first. Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Much appreciated .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.