I drove by and visited a patient yesterday ... she’s enjoying some off-and-on sunshine and is waiting for a few pulley options to arrive so that a “best fit” can be determined. You can see here that she has been de-bugged and has been definitely slowing traffic down - noticing her as they pass by on the adjacent road. Had a chat with Steve and I truly get the feeling he is going to get the best "number(s)" that he can for you Garry. We talked briefly about how busy you have been with what you have posted here on CCF. In the meantime enjoy a couple of photos my friend and the day continues to remain open for me for when you plan to be back here in YYC.
72748659-AA05-40F2-9014-AF952A160C39.jpeg
8E948C3A-B5D4-4102-925B-3A3E60E2342F.jpeg

Last edited:
Showers for the next few days, rain on Tuesday..........with luck!

He has had some problems with water in his garage and backyard. Both winters now he's been out with his snowblower blowing all the snow he can off his back yard into the alleyway. Low elevation for his lot I guess but I can only imagine how frustrating that is.

Sort of like the old quote about a Porsche and sex eh!

Reactions: ddgermann
Hey y'all!

Just back from chemo.

Thanks Spence. Yes, I do miss her and I hope to be reunited with her on Thursday if everything goes well. Nice of Steve to consider a number of different pulley options. Not a problem using my car as a test mule! Cool that he just doesn't look at one option but several to see how that might change the result. You just have to love a shop that is that concerned with results to go the extra hundreds of miles, Hats off to Steve here!

Funny but I saw the same Armor All ad somewhere Kevin and was thinking the same thing to myself - and when does my royalty cheque arrive??!!

That is a fine collection of yellow cars! Imagine having that all under one roof - "Man found dead in garage as he was unable to decide which car to drive that day"......

"Man found dead in garage as he was unable to decide which car to drive that day"......
Autopsy Report ...
- subject is mortalized with profound unexplainable smile that can only be specifically defined
by referring to a highly valued online Canadian Forum Resource as being the "Corvette Owner Grin" :joyful:
which is known to be only found in the owners of a particular performance sportscar automobile
that appears to be obsessive however not necessarily fatal ...
unless teeth are visible.:carrace:... deceased subject appeared to be found unable to enter a car ...

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinB
Interesting.............considering that you need a smaller pulley to make it produce more boost is this some suggestion by my Hellcat neighbour for some sabotage on what Steve is trying to do??!! Now unless this is the DRIVE pulley we're talking about in which case this is really in the right direction!! But the pulley goes on the SC itself I thought?

I'd better stick to farming!!

Looks like they may try two sizes, it is currently a 3.4" and Steve told me they come in 0.2" increments, so they will be trying 3.0" and 3.2". I wish I could have spent the day sweeping the floor there to watch how they do their work. I'm not sure how they will select a pulley in the end - by boost produced?? Too much heat??

Getting closer though!

Cheers,

Garry

Interesting.............considering that you need a smaller pulley to make it produce more boost is this some suggestion by my Hellcat neighbour for some sabotage on what Steve is trying to do??!! Now unless this is the DRIVE pulley we're talking about in which case this is really in the right direction!! But the pulley goes on the SC itself I thought?

I'd better stick to farming!!

Looks like they may try two sizes, it is currently a 3.4" and Steve told me they come in 0.2" increments, so they will be trying 3.0" and 3.2". I wish I could have spent the day sweeping the floor there to watch how they do their work. I'm not sure how they will select a pulley in the end - by boost produced?? Too much heat??

Getting closer though!

Cheers,

Garry
Hi Garry,
I am not exactly sure, but there's a few influences that might be down below now. The camshaft change might play into it - who knows. I am thinking the pulley idea is true and I believe the belt may now also come into play. In a KISS (keep it simple) approach and my looking back at simplified High School Physics, friction is required and the surface area of the belt/smaller pulley might not be great enough and might mean belt slip comes into play. So a larger pulley (more surface area to grip) may be what the belt needs because of added power that now drives that belt from below. :skiprope:
This might be where small HP increment may be gained/lost ... lost in a larger pulley diameter and gained with added belt friction ... :Confused5: ... and then a heat factor on the belt likely has its influence too ...
Who knows though as I might be just blowing wind out my butt here :yesss:
... I seem to remember a similar discussion when I thought putting a smaller diameter supercharger pulley on the stock 1998 Grand Prix was just "plug & play" and money out the back pocket ... but a gatorback belt was recommended for the work order (I like those belts - never squeak).
I better stop talking about something I have no certified idea about ... thought I'd share the idea though.
Someone here probably has a better idea about it ... :crazy1:
Cheers

Last edited:
Good morning Spence,

Very interesting points. I actually recall with the original build that Manny was having problems with belt slippage and thus why he went with a "flip drive". Sorry I have no idea what that actually even is!

Maybe I'll have to add a belt dressing injection spray for the really hard runs alongside the Alky Control!!!

I have to admit it is sort of fun and interesting to have Steve trying out some different things and he seems a more than willing person to try a number of different approaches to get a few more hp from the LS7. It may work, it may not but he is trying his best it would appear and as a customer what more could I ever ask of him?

And I do like that Steve's communication is good with me, he answers my questions and it just creates so much confidence that the car is in the right hands.

But I have to admit that I am so excited, being this close to the final result and to see what numbers they end up with. And that wonderful new cam rumble too of course!

Light rain at home now apparently - hope!

Cheers,

Garry

Reactions: YFCvii
But I have to admit that I am so excited, being this close to the final result and to see what numbers they end up with ...

yes a week away and she is all yours again ....
so maybe just pick the 6 HP numbers you would like between 701 & 749 ...
then drop the 7's on each of those 6 numbers ....
Go to the local lotto depot and go with that tonight's Max for the 60 Mil.
Then tomorrow, all this stuff just might not matter as much :happy:

and yes ... Steve is a very approachable owner of his shop ... I am impressed as well (as a spectator to boot)

Good morning Spence,

Yes, a fair suggestion. However if I have some luck coming my way as much as the car is deserving of it my arm gets pretty jealous. A little luck with both would be OK though.

Almost starting to get nervous for the upcoming week. But as I am already prepared for the news that there was no benefit I should not be disappointed in any way. Thus any news that anything helpful occured from the doctor will be a most pleasant surprise.

Some rain at home, to speak of, 3 mm (?) but Sunday and Monday they are expecting 10-15 mm each day. Now that would be a good way to take a road trip starting on Tuesday down south!

Off to the farm this morning, get some parts and mow the grass at the acreage.

Cheers,

Garry

Reactions: dannyboy
Rain started at 2 am. Not sure how much has fallen. Accompanied by really strong winds. Happy I have a wonderful MEC raincoat (also with really big sleeves!!). I love rain, I think it is God's way of giving the earth a bath......................and it smells so wonderful afterward. Life just seems to explode after a good rain.

Big week. PET scan. Doctor's opinion of the April 24th surgery and hopefully reunited with the Z06!

Rain started at 2 am. Not sure how much has fallen. Accompanied by really strong winds. Happy I have a wonderful MEC raincoat (also with really big sleeves!!). I love rain, I think it is God's way of giving the earth a bath......................and it smells so wonderful afterward. Life just seems to explode after a good rain.

Big week. PET scan. Doctor's opinion of the April 24th surgery and hopefully reunited with the Z06!

Hoorah Garry. Good Luck all around. :thumbs:

Mom thinks 3/4" so far. Bring it on baby!

Oddly when I went to get the mail a grey Corvette. Maybe a 83 or 84? Had a Crossfire Injection plate on the side of the fender and I think they were out in those days. My son said "oh look, some other old guy out driving his Corvette................"> I looked at him and said "yeah well just because you young guys don't have good taste is no reason to be a player hater!".

• Haha
Probably not an 83, or that is one lucky fellow who hit the lottery ticket. :D Must have been an 84 as they only had the Cross Fire in 82 and 84.

Glad to hear your car is coming along! I look forward to hearing the final numbers and your take on the new sound with the new cam! I'm sure it'll sound mean!!!

Thoughts and prayers will continue for the PET scan and results!

Good afternoon Riley,

I wasn't sure what years they were made but that it was in the early 1980's. An attempt if I recall to move to better performance from carburetors and while not legit fuel infection, a single nozzle into the intake manifold to get some better atomization of the fuel was the rational????

I had hoped to hear from Steve as I hit the road tomorrow morning and will not be checking emails until I return. I'm not sure if I should call him while I am on the road or just be surprised at the result when I go there Thursday morning?? Yes, I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds!!!!!

While I'd like better than status quo, I just hope there is no bad news from the medical folks.........................

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.