Thanks! I'm hoping to hear from Steve yet that it is a done deal. Regardless of whatever else happens with the scans and the checkup, that at least I have a newly messaged Z06 to enjoy on the drive home................going with the thought that at least one of three events is going to be a positive one is a good way to start!

Fingers are crossed still, a thick rug obtained for praying.................

Hey Garry! You were exactly right on with your estimation of what year the Corvette would be. I only wanted to bug you a bit and nerd out about the 83 as that is a special year with the Corvette as they only made 40 that year??? Now I need the Corvette nerds to help me out with what the actual production number was. None of which were sold to the public, but still produced with a 1983 Vin so Corvette's string of years produced would not be broken....and I just realized, this happened on Corvette's 30th birthday! Could you imagine that these days? Like if the C8 was about to come out, and they stopped selling the C7 and we kept getting told there are production delay, and those delays delay being able to order a car for a year, people would go crazy!
But you're also right about the fuel injection. Apparently 81 was an odd year as it had a fuel injector within a carburetor to help pass emissions, then they came out with the cross fire in 82 which was actually kind of neat for the time as it took all the engine parameters and could vary the fuel pressure from the gas tank for the conditions. Reading up on it, I guess it was more set up for high rpm and didn't do so well putting around town. Some pretty neat history with these cars. I'm glad you brought it up so I could learn a thing or two.

I hope you are having a lovely trip. I really look forward to more stories of when you see your car! And prayers are continued for good results from the doc.

Reactions: ddgermann
Thursday Morning remains open me ... and my C7 is ready for our revisit in YYC this time.
I've invited Mikey and Jordan to the Timmies/Davenport in around 10am to 10:30.
Posting here in case any other YYC friends are good to join in ...

@Jeremiad and @MikeysZ06 and myself met Garry at Davenport in YYC today.
Here’s a tease photo of very clean C6 delivery .... it’s a very happy day today.
B83F83BE-1E4A-48C3-A346-4C952DFA3D2C.jpeg

Back home, exhausted but happy.

Trip had some encouraging news re cancer I'll share later.

The car is, well, pretty different! It, as they say, "bucks like a farm girl" now. I'll have to relearn how to drive it but I did get what I wanted. 75 or so more rwhp, I think 100 ft/lb torque and a sound that I can't wait to torment my neighbours with!

My thanks to Steve, Shannon and Justin for the work and effort they put into helping me enjoy this next phase of my car and also to Spence, Jordan and Mike who showed up to share this moment with me, it was a grand day all around! Just so many good people that have come into my life, I hope that I deserve this all....................
P1060523.JPG

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Oh how true it is! I actually hope to catch him outside in a good mood and to ask if he'll do a few side by side pulls with me.........................

But excellent post and caption!

So, the trip. The drive down was great, excellent weather. The walk on Wednesday morning was one of the nicer ones I've had, at least this year. Calm, not too cold or windy and there were a lot of people out for exercise which always makes being out more enjoyable - misery loves company, right?! I hate the fasting for 6 hours part beforehand, not even any gum or anything. My mouth tends to get dry and sort of always reminds me of what the bottom of a bird cage must taste like. And while I can drink water you can only pack so much plus who wants to be looking for bathrooms or bushes all the time.

The PET scan went OK, I told the techs that they might be wise to put on sunglasses when they do my left arm. They found that funny. It seems like you are forever in there but they tellme it is only 15 minutes or so. Too much time alone in a dark place with my eyes closed and my thoughts going crazy.

Afterward to see my primary doctor. It doesn't mean much to me but we looked at the scans together and also the previous ones too for some perspective. Yeah, my arm goes sort of glow, especially that mother tumor close to the top of my shoulder that sort of looks like half a boiled egg stuck on there. But I was surprised when he used the words "significant clinical improvement". Wow, really I thought?? I sure don't see it that way but then again I'm only the patient. So we decided to carry on with another four PEMBRO treatments in Grande Prairie and then re PET scan in 3 months. Doctor #2 comes in (I had three doctors and three nurses in the room with me at one point, must be an interesting case?) and decides he wants to stop the imiquimod which in my opinion was the one that was doing the best. Now it was also the one that was ulcerating and blistering up my skin like crazy but there are scars from where there are no longer any tumors. But again what do I know.

So off to do some shopping, drive to Calgary and to bed, just exhausted.

The mental side of this sometimes catches up with me and just grinds me right down.

I sleep in! Like for 40 minutes. I can't remember how many years or decades back I'd have to go for when this last happened. Normally I am better than an atomic clock.

So out for about 50 minutes of walking and to the hospital for the next doctor. To start with he is on time and I tease him about how rare this is in my experience. So this is the doctor that did that Isolated Limb Infusion that I had on April 20th. One of the least emotional people I've ever met in my life, hard to get him to smile at all. Anyway, his adjective upon seeing my arm was that he was "encouraged by what" he saw. Again, really? What are they seeing that I am not? Of course I see it on a daily basis and maybe if you see the arm every 6 weeks the differences are more noticable??

So then the fun starts. Do NOT stop the imiquimod - "lets keep hitting it with everything we have". One problem, no prescription for the imiquimod from doctor#2!! Thankfully I still have two pumps left from when I had stopped during the ILI treatment. So I hope to talk to my primary, who will have talked to the doctor in Calgary and they can form a common opinion for me to move forward through. Primary doctor is suppose to call me this week.

Interestingly too, Calgary doctor wants me to have surgery to remove the mother tumor at the top of my shoulder. Not that in the grand scheme of things we'll kill it but just for quality of life and comfort for a period of time before it possibly grows back again. Maybe in six weeks in Edmonton. I'm in favor of this big time as it is a royal pain in my backside and the one that in the morning from just the slightest breeze starts to gush blood like Leduc #1!! Just not worth as much...................

So over all.............

Well I went into the trip with ZERO expectations, that they would say that the ILI ha not worked, things did not look any better, get ready to die.

I came back hope, not with hope necessarily, but perhaps more feeling hopeful?? Like a few steps below having actual hope. But to be sure feeling more optimistic about things. bring on more PEMBRO (can't hurt), lets keep imiquimoding and get that surgery scheduled.

Sorry to run but off for exercise but next post should be Davenport................

Cheers,

Garry

Great news Garry! Glad things are going in the right direction! Hopefully the docs can get in alignment with each other quickly so you’re not in limbo aboutnthe plan. And Inthought your line about the doctor being on time was funny. :D
Prayers will continue.
Looking forward to the Davenport post! Woo!

Reactions: YFCvii
Thank you for this follow-up with the detail of how the beginning of your day progressed Garry.
When you met up with us following and for the release of your beast, you gave us an encouraging brief
that really did allow for the Davenport portion of your Calgary visit to be the best that it could be.
You are remarkable Garry and the greatest is always wished for you ... our good friend!
By the way ... a little tease for others in a preview of your Davenport update portion ...
your Departing Exhaust Notes from Davenport that you sent back to us
was received and clearly understood ... :thumbs:

update ... the Davenport portion is in a new thread ...
Oh No! I took my car to Davenport Motorsports in Calgary!!!!!

Last edited:
So I've just returned from Edmonton. I went to see a surgeon to look into the possibility of having the two largest tumors removed. This doesn't change my situation at all really but the top one especially, like 2" by 1.5" and it protrudes about 1" is a miserable SOB to live with, perhaps it is my Hellcat of tumors! But it bleeds with just the water pressure from the shower and with the warfarin that I have to still take it bleeds for quit a while. Worse yet, even though I change the dressing daily, it smells at the end of the 23 hour period. I shower, try to rinse it as best I can and then apply the imiquimod, let that soak in and then apply Aquaphor to try to keep it from drying out and then rewrap it.

I always have great anxiety when I go to see a doctor as I never know will he think this is a piece of cake or will he tell me that it can't be done/no point in doing it??

I was most impressed with this surgeon. He looked at it and it was "oh yeah, we can do this, no problem". Sort of the words that a patient dreams of hearing! I talked with him about the 2nd largest one, doing it at the same time as I'm going to be on the table, out, so why not get our money's worth and yep, he's game.

One concern is if a plastic surgeon is needed for the larger tumor. He's not sure if that will be needed but he needs to schedule things so that the plastic surgeon is there and available if that is needed. So at the moment I am not sure when I get to go under the knife. In my dreams the first week of July as he is off the 2nd and 3rd weeks and I'd rather not wait until the end of July but I guess so be it.

But relieved and happy that the operation will proceed.

A few nice cars. A VY C6 convertible when I was in the St. Albert area. I was able to drive along him for several blocks. I thought the car looked just great and the weather that day, +30, was certainly good for that car!

I also saw a black C7 on Monday morning which I considered to be a good omen for seeing the doctor and as it turns out it was!

Sunday night as I was returning to my hotel from walking, there is a Tim Horton's right across the road. It turns out that car guys like to go there. Mostly imports and it was funny as I was going to cross the street a group of 5 imports (Civics, 240's) came ripping down the street la a scene from the original Fast and Furious when the cars were approaching Toretto's restaurant at the beginning of the movie!

But off to the side, three domestics. One was a Beaumont but the other two, a red and blue 74 Corvettes! I thought about going to talk with the guys and I figured why not. They were a bit standoffish at first but talked more as I asked them questions. I've always liked the notched rear window of that style, the early C3's. The blue one had a lot of engine detail and it looked pretty nice. The red one was a 383 stroker with dual 650's and a carbon fiber hood. He's planning on replacing it with a 572 (?) BB in the future. I can't imagine getting wide enough rear tires on that year of car to avoid tire meltdown!

But nice to have some exposure to the car world, as it was unexpected. Also a nice red C3 convertible on Whyte Ave. - much nicer than the black Lamborghini that everyone else was going gaga over.

But I'm pretty happy with the trip. Good news for the surgery, got my gf to Google me the instructions on how to set the seat/mirror memory positions on Mom's STS and discovered what I find the neatest option on the car - cooling seats! At +30 with black leather about as wonderful to have as heated seats at -30! But nothing beats that cooling air on the bum when the temperature warrants it.

Cheers,

Garry

... discovered what I find the neatest option on the car - cooling seats! At +30 with black leather about as wonderful to have as heated seats at -30!
But nothing beats that :Wideyed:cooling air on the bum:Wideyed: when the temperature warrants it.

Great news of blessed optimism on this YEG visit of yours Garry … this thread continues to be one of my most watched :thumbs:

… by the way
… just so you know
… the cooled seat option also pretty "cool" (pun) when you are wearing pants too … :Wideyed: :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.