Hey you guys are lucky I have enough grey matter left to figure out how to post this stuff period!!

Thanks for showing enough interest to not give up and I've learned a few more things about being a better YouTube'r as a result.

Ya I was mounting the camera just as an afterthought as we were getting ready to go. I should have used the other mounting which has a longer arm and it would have solved the issue. Like I said, I'm still learning how to do these things better.

Oh heck why lie? I was overcome by being surrounded by so many great cars I just wasn't thinking straight!!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Great write up Gary--saves me from having to do one, and instead doing something else entirely different!

I will have something else in a few days unrelated to the event.

It's always great Meeting people to see if they are what you expect them to be versus their online or "forum" persona. Gary, you are every bit the gentleman live as you are behind the computer. It was a really fun day--my dad can't stop talking at how much of a good time he had too--and he never even got to drive, LOL!

Good morning Vince,

Thanks so much for your kind words. What I find so interesting about these sorts of experiences is that I could have come across any of you say in a grocery store and not given a second glance and yet through the shared experience of all being Corvette owners I have found a wonderful group of people who making owning such a car a much richer experience. After coming to know and meeting a number of you I am left witht he feeling of how much happier I would be to have you all as friends locally instead of through the forum!!!!!

I went to Grand Prairie yesterday, I attended my first informal Friday night get-together of the High North Sports Car Club. Mostly import drifter types but still car people. I got to see again Shannon, whom I met at my first autocross in Dawson Creek in 2012 who competed in a minivan which was so much fun to watch! They were all suitably impressed with the modified Z06 too. I post on their forum but just not that often.

My main reason for going down was another foot race, this time a fund raiser for the GP hospital. There were 300 people registered and what was tough fo rme was that it was at 10:30 at night and considering my bedtime is normally 9:30 it was a hard run for me I found. But I was I think 8th across the line overall. Sounds impressive but then again there were a lot of groups running together and it was for fun and not a "normal
competition. But still lots of fun with glo-sticks and florescent body paint.

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Actually when you describe it in that way Vince you might be closer than you realize. There was music, a Zumba dance troop, the body painting people, some of the runners were in teams with costumes...........

Not as amusing as the time I was in Edmonton and there was a rave and a bunch of the attendees were staying at the same hotel and it was a "What Does A Fox Say" theme though, that was one time I really blew not having my camera with me...........

Wow. Now five consecutive days of 30/32 above coming up. I think I'm going to get my shoes on and see what the weather is like on the dike. Jet boat races and the air show this weekend in Peace River. If I remember from last year it even brought about 8 or 10 Corvettes out.

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning Riley,

I'd be lying if "theme races" were not a whole lot more fun to do than just a pure race. My favorite one (no laughing here please) is the "Red Dress Race". I learned two things:

1)dresses are actually very comfortable to wear.
2)I look damn good in a dress!

Here, everyone can have a chuckle:

http://youtu.be/C8FH36PiDBs

The second year I "accessorized" by adding a belt and a hat.

Sadly they have not held the race for a few years although I keep encouraging the club ex to do so. Plus I both still have the dress and am lighter now than when I wore it previously so I'm sure I'd cut an even more suave figure. Heck I even made the 2nd page of the paper, in colour no less!!

Wow finally the heat wave has broke, showers and maybe even rain coming over the next four days. But major crop damage has already occured. There will be some disappointed folks when it comes to harvest time. But we're still better off than our flooded colleagues in the west of the west.

Maybe I'll see if I can make a YouTube photoshow with some of these pictures........practice will only make me better at doing these sorts of things after all.

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.