Featured Thread
A brand new '19 C7 Z51 7-speed. Just what the "doctor" (me) ordered. Feeling a lot better now.

I'll be spending more of my time in the C7 forum, but will keep up with the evolving C8 story. Good luck all and see you on the road somewhere!

V-IV
Nice! I'll be keeping my 2019 M7 until GM reintroduces a manual...until then the C8 is just a curiousity for me. All the best!

Nice! I'll be keeping my 2019 M7 until GM reintroduces a manual...until then the C8 is just a curiousity for me. All the best!
I don't think you will ever see a manual transmission in any future Vette. That ship has sailed. Good time to grab a 2019 or other years with the manual though. I could be wrong but I really think they wont bring it back.

I don't think you will ever see a manual transmission in any future Vette. That ship has sailed. Good time to grab a 2019 or other years with the manual though. I could be wrong but I really think they wont bring it back.

Though I agree that the number crunchers at GM won this round never say never.

Porsche admittedly with the finest PDK dual clutch transmission in the automotive world is still bringing out stick cars. Where there's a demand there's a way. Eventually these numbers may click on a spreadsheet somewhere. One hopes at least :)

Porsche admittedly with the finest PDK dual clutch transmission in the automotive world is still bringing out stick cars. Where there's a demand there's a way. Eventually these numbers may click on a spreadsheet somewhere. One hopes at least :)

Unfortunately for those of us that love our manual transmissions, I tend to disagree... 20 years ago, yes. But with the automotive focus turning more and more to EV, I doubt GM would spend the time and money for R & D of a manual tranny for the C8/C9... whatever. It will be full steam ahead attempting to grab the market share of the EV very soon, if not already. I fear museums are already considering areas where they can display the extinct hydrocarbon fueled automobile...:Beatdeadhorse:

Good point...Porsche tried to make the GT3 auto only a few years ago, but brought back the manual upon customer demand. If more buyers would insist on them, they'll continue to make them. So far we've been able to get manual's in our family vehicles also...getting more challenging each time we need to replace one, but so far so good.

Enjoy your beautiful Corvette. Better to drive than to wait. You will smile every time you drive it and if you are like me - you will smile every time you look at it. The C7 will go down in Corvette history as the best Vette ever. The C7 vert is the best looking roadster ever built IMHO. The C8 vert ... well the jury is out.

Enjoy your beautiful Corvette. Better to drive than to wait. You will smile every time you drive it and if you are like me - you will smile every time you look at it. The C7 will go down in Corvette history as the best Vette ever. The C7 vert is the best looking roadster ever built IMHO. The C8 vert ... well the jury is out.

I fully agree with you. To the OP you're going to love your new car. Watch the front end when going in and out of driveways and lots that have elevation changes, it's low.

The new C-8, although I get it that to improve performance there was a need to relocate the engine, I'm not sold on the looks from the standpoint that it is a Corvette. The front hood drops so quickly that when seated in the car you can't see the hood according to Leno and Jeuchter. When seated your feet are almost in line with the front axle so the driving experience will not be representative of the traditional Corvette either. The rear end looks like a Camaro and sorry but the toggle switches down the drivers right is ugly!.

I like the side and front view as it's got great looks and will turn heads no doubt, but it sure looks like a McLaren to me.

Maybe the Z06, ZR1 or Zora will beef it up being more muscular, but for now when I look at it I don't think of the Corvette brand. In fact in the Leno Jeuchter YouTube video Jeuchter actually talks about removing the camo on a preproduction car with no emblems to identify it as a Corvette, and when driving around many would guess the manufacturer, but none correctly except those intricately following the Corvette mid engine development. That speaks volumes to the new model carrying on the Corvette brand if it can't be distinguished as a Vette!

Well obviously I'm prejudiced but to me the C-7 is better looking than the C-8!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.