On another forum I was asked about Canadian gas prices by a member from US. A news item says that in Vancouver we are paying 2.34 a litre for regular gas so I decided to calculate that for US and was shocked we pay more than $8.80 a gallon !!! I am still taking the C8 today because its just too cold (my minimum is 15C) on the motorcycle but what an eye opener.

On another forum I was asked about Canadian gas prices by a member from US. A news item says that in Vancouver we are paying 2.34 a litre for regular gas so I decided to calculate that for US and was shocked we pay more than $8.80 a gallon !!! I am still taking the C8 today because its just too cold (my minimum is 15C) on the motorcycle but what an eye opener.
Lol.... That's the equivalent for a US gallon.... An imperial (Cdn) gallon at $2.34 a litre tops out at a whopping $10.64 a gallon .... In 1991, oil was $41 a barrel. Today it is about $113.00 a barrel. 2.75 times more per barrel. The average price of gas in 1991 was $1.14 per litre or $5.18 per gallon. So oil has increased 2.75 time and gas has only increased 2.05 times... Could be worse...

Look at the up side.... Venezuela a couple years ago raised their gas price by 20 times the previous rate. They are all the way up to 10 cents per litre today......:Banghead: But that being said, their average yearly income in Cdn dollars is only just over $143.00. We are still way ahead of them and most other countries if you compare dollar to donuts...

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
Lol.... That's the equivalent for a US gallon.... An imperial (Cdn) gallon at $2.34 a litre tops out at a whopping $10.64 a gallon .... In 1991, oil was $41 a barrel. Today it is about $113.00 a barrel. 2.75 times more per barrel. The average price of gas in 1991 was $1.14 per litre or $5.18 per gallon. So oil has increased 2.75 time and gas has only increased 2.05 times... Could be worse...

Look at the up side.... Venezuela a couple years ago raised their gas price by 20 times the previous rate. They are all the way up to 10 cents per litre today......:Banghead: But that being said, their average yearly income in Cdn dollars is only just over $143.00. We are still way ahead of them and most other countries if you compare dollar to donuts...
I like donuts….

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
.... Venezuela ...their average yearly income in Cdn dollars is only just over $143.00...

I looked at Venezuela as a possible travel destination because the exchange rate and communicated with a few locals who told me going out at night I would be killed, taxi from airport I would be killed probably by the driver, wearing any tourist clothes I would be killed. So I decided to check with the Gov:

"Avoid all travel to Venezuela due to the significant level of violent crime, the unstable political and economic situations and the decline in basic living conditions, including shortages of medication, gasoline and water."

Well that seems like fun :canada:

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
I looked at Venezuela as a possible travel destination because the exchange rate and communicated with a few locals who told me going out at night I would be killed, taxi from airport I would be killed probably by the driver, wearing any tourist clothes I would be killed. So I decided to check with the Gov:

"Avoid all travel to Venezuela due to the significant level of violent crime, the unstable political and economic situations and the decline in basic living conditions, including shortages of medication, gasoline and water."

Good thinking. My last couple of excursions have been to Colombia and met many Venezuelans there that got out of their country for the same reasons. Highly recommend Colombia if you're looking for a get-a-way

It could also be a description of 2022 Canada.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Here's what I paid at Costco (Edmonton) today for premium fuel and most other gas stations were higher. At least Costco routinely prices premium at 10 cents more than regular...unlike others who can be 15 to 20 cents/litre higher.

Costco Edmonton Gas Prices Today.jpg

Costco's regular to supreme difference here in St. John's is always 6 cents...same as all the other starions, however, Costco is usually around 10 cents lower than all other sttions

I don’t think gas was 1.14 a litre in 1991?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.