My dealer service manager told me via email that the next DCT service is at 36,000 km and again there after at 36,000km. It will take me forever to put 36,000km on my car.
Or every three years whichever comes first Per your manual.

"Man, one should be able to trust the bloody service manager"

When I went for my 1st DCT change, they had my car all day and failed to do the job. The Service Manager finally admitted they had not done one before, didn't order any parts, and asked if I could come back in 2 weeks. Haven't been back...

20230713_133214.jpg
20230713_132801.jpg

My 2023 owners manual also states:

"The initial transmission external canister filter change must be performed at 12 000 km (7,500 mi). This service can be complex. See your dealer."

I've read this on other sources as well. The DCT in our C8s is probably the one area that you can't over service. If you are going to have something go wrong, the DCT is high up on the list. It's up to you if you want to wait for 36k, but you might want to have more piece of mind.

We are getting a bit off topic, however the difficulty is because there is NO DCT service as one item.
There is DCT cannister replacement (filter) and DCT fluid replacement and these are separate items following separate schedules.
So other than Cannister replacement at 12,000 km:
The DCT Fluid: Check the dual clutch transmission fluid life percentage OR 72,000 km OR 3 years whichever first so some of us low mileage owners, will be every 3 years. The DCT Cannister: replacement is 36,000 km

Since for some of us the DCT fluid change will be more frequent, just change the cannister at some point when you do the 2nd or 3rd fluid change.

Now, why this DCT fluid has such a short life in a Corvette as compared to 12 years in Porsche, BMW Mclaren etc etc I have been trying to find out but no luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.