time for new battery?
I got a new battery and new spark plugs while the car was in. Their scanner found that one spark plug wire was also showing its age. All seems to be well now. 7-9 years is what I have usually gotten out of batteries in the past. I dare say that this one would still work in a car without all the electronics.

Battery was clearly dead if it started with a boost. Sounds like alternator isn’t charging.
With all the electronics in these cars, they need a good battery with full charge available. A little less and the computer goes fuzzy brain and no start so I am told. The car works fine now. It's not like the old days with my old Chevelles.

My battery was 7 years old... same as Keith's. Thats probably the life of them.
If a new battery isn't fully charged or the wiring isn't 100% you could very likely run into the same problem. I use Kopr Kote on the battery terminals for a good connection that isn't going to corrode. All the battery terminal ends could use it. Get the highest cold cranking amp battery that will fit your car.

Reactions: OL Yeller
If a new battery isn't fully charged or the wiring isn't 100% you could very likely run into the same problem. I use Kopr Kote on the battery terminals for a good connection that isn't going to corrode. All the battery terminal ends could use it. Get the highest cold cranking amp battery that will fit your car.
Getty Garage charged it over light. worked today

Reactions: Keith Tedford
When a tow job is needed, how do you get your Corvette towed?
Not any ground clearance for a conventional tow.

Never towed. Always on a deck truck. Plus they need some chunks of lumber to get it up onto the deck. Almost all good towing companies have these tucked away in the truck somewhere. It’s hooking onto the car that’s the challenge if it can’t be driven at least halfway onto the truck.

That question came up at Spring Mountain and the response was to have a tow hook in the tray above the battery. The tow hook can be installed when required in front and back. Have not priced that out yet but the SM boys mentioned 'about' $80.

Last I saw it was about $150 CAD for OEM. There is a pretty strong debate on that hook mount being strong enough to pull the car up onto a truck. Most don’t think it is. I hope I never to find out....

Yea, it's like insurance, we hope to never make a claim but still need it. But $150 !!?? So maybe GM designed the hook for racer boy decoration? :)

Having been under there for the sake of curiosity, can't see where a tow guy would hook up to the front end of a C7 without causing some big buck damage. Perhaps the hook is better than nothing.

Yea, it's like insurance, we hope to never make a claim but still need it. But $150 !!?? So maybe GM designed the hook for racer boy decoration? :)

Having been under there for the sake of curiosity, can't see where a tow guy would hook up to the front end of a C7 without causing some big buck damage. Perhaps the hook is better than nothing.

Yes the hook is apparently designed for the track guys. The price I’m not sure of and likely worth look on the GM website to confirm. There are cheaper aftermarket options and someone here made his own. Looked great too.
Yes if the car is not up on the truck at least with the front wheels definitely the aero will be damaged. But good operators have some pretty clever methods to place blocks and secure the wire with a pulley down close to the edge of the deck to prevent the damage by pulling up onto the aero. There is the option of removing the aero as well. Really it can be done safely for the car but like anything else $$ and experience by the car owner and truck operator is the key. Some of these guys are really skilled and actually take a bit of pride in their work do a good job.

Battery is new but car would not start. After boost started and parked it at home. After 4 hrs tried it and no go again. Will bring it in tomorrow. Has anyone used Getty Garage on Canoteck Rd.. Thanks
Just because it’s a new battery doesn’t mean that it’s a good battery I’ve had several over the years purchased new and there’s been a dead cell or two in it have that checked out first then go with your all your connections and hope it’s not the alternator

Just because it’s a new battery doesn’t mean that it’s a good battery I’ve had several over the years purchased new and there’s been a dead cell or two in it have that checked out first then go with your all your connections and hope it’s not the alternator
new battery and tested..everything good.. baby went away for winter

I have always liked Delco batteries. They have treated me very well, however, my Corvette came with an Optima Red Top, so that is what I put back in my car after it started becoming slow to turn over. The old one lasted 14 years, so I was pretty impressed. My wives FoMoCo battery gave up the ghost in her Mustang this Spring. I was so temped to put a Delco battery in it but couldn't bring myself to do it so I bought an Exide battery as they are supposed to be one of the actual battery manufacturers. Long story short, I'm taking it back as it seemed it wouldn't hold a charge for longer than a week. Pretty disappointed, but as others have stated, it can happen to any battery manufacturer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.