Tim C.

Regular
You're 5
Aug 22, 2015
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2006 Coupe
Battery is new but car would not start. After boost started and parked it at home. After 4 hrs tried it and no go again. Will bring it in tomorrow. Has anyone used Getty Garage on Canoteck Rd.. Thanks

Our car had been running fine, stated fine with no slow rolls or anything. We came out of a restaurant yesterday and it wouldn't start. I coasted down the parking lot and jump started the car on the clutch. It ran fine, charging right where it should. Got home and parked it in the garage over night. Still wouldn't start. Jump started it down our driveway and took it to the dealer. Once there, it started just fine. The battery is seven years old. They checked it and it was showing its age. The electronics in these cars apparently don't like tired batteries, even a little bit tired. Coming from a 10 - 12 mpg Chevelle to this, the car has saved me far more than what this will cost in fuel savings.

Our car had been running fine, stated fine with no slow rolls or anything. We came out of a restaurant yesterday and it wouldn't start. I coasted down the parking lot and jump started the car on the clutch. It ran fine, charging right where it should. Got home and parked it in the garage over night. Still wouldn't start. Jump started it down our driveway and took it to the dealer. Once there, it started just fine. The battery is seven years old. They checked it and it was showing its age. The electronics in these cars apparently don't like tired batteries, even a little bit tired. Coming from a 10 - 12 mpg Chevelle to this, the car has saved me far more than what this will cost in fuel savings.
time for new battery?

Reactions: hemicat
......as a rule delco always had good batteries, but a bad one will show up with any brand. But wow, $400 , never seen a car battery that expensive.

Not a lot of Battery manufacturers out there any more. Johnson Controls owns a big chunk of Middle East Battery Company in Saudi Arabia. That's who makes the Delco battery as well as several other name brands.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.