mini-IMG_0008_zpsb598e3a9.jpg

mini-IMG_0007_zps21e62c46.jpg

mini-IMG_0006_zps8774d463.jpg

mini-IMG_0005_zps15e35ae9.jpg

mini-IMG_0004_zps6a41a7f9.jpg

mini-IMG_0003_zpse9cdef2d.jpg

mini-IMG_0002_zps578e62ff.jpg

We met quite a few corvette fans/owners today but a couple who sat with us is pictured here: Their names are Jo & Ann Smiley from Binbrook area and sat in on our conversation for a while. We were all delighted.

Chilly in the parking lot waiting for some camera hound to have his way: Kathy, Brian, Wayne, and Tony.......
mini-IMG_0024_zps5cf733ad.jpg

From the left Clockwise: Tony, Wayne, Kathy, Joe (Smiley), Anne (Smiley) and Brian......
mini-IMG_0001_zpsdb4d5f4f.jpg

Last edited:
First run of the year for me, so how fitting was it that this cruise took me to see the other "Mudders". Still seeing a bit of sault out on the roads, but with my new BFG's I was able to scoot around most of it....LOL . Good picture of that old L98 of mine Collin.....shows I need to get in there and do some cleaning.....and the rest of the car also..... I'm sure it was a lot shinier last year !!!
A good day/lunch as the pictures Collin posted shows.......

Looks like another good time together. You seem to be missing a silver Stingray from those pictures; it's still tucked away in the garage waiting for the roads to clean up. Hopefully we can get together before the end of April if anyone is willing. Really glad to see the vettes on the road again! :D

Brian: I don't see a supercharger under your hood? What's up?

Had a great time, cool people on a cool day :) nice pics Colin.

In Colin's defense he was very laid back today hardly even mentioned the word "supercharged"... we had to drag the words out of him. :) He did however mention that the "supercharged washroom" was much better than what the rest of us had to use.

Oh yeah, he didn't have to line up either, they came right to the table for him.

Brian's C4 is very sharp looking even though I did my best to break it.

life is good.

Yes.....the snow has gone......BUT.....we have yet to have some good rains
to clear the roads of salt residue and all the sand.
For march....precipitation was only 1/3 of normal, so we're pretty dry.
As the photos show, it was not very warm,being spoiled by a strong wind.

Suddenly thought, seeing Colin's photo of Brian's C4;....the C4 etc were well designed....who would have thought of a secondary use for headlights, but to illuminate the engine when you're doing maintenance. [g].

Tony,
welland

Sent an email to Joe and Anne Smiley earlier and just heard back from them. They enjoyed the plcs and meeting us all today, but were unable yet to log into CCF to comment themselves. Joe promised to try again later to share more with us.

----------

Hey Joe and Anne -- nice to meet you today -- would love to meet up again and will let you know of our next outing.:D:D

Until later,
Colin and the Mud street gang.

Well guys, looks like spring has finaly arrived in Ontario. Nice to see all the cars back on the road after the winter hibernation. Can hardly wait to hit a Timmies or two when I'm down in May.

We're all lookin' forward to it Rob -- Had my CCF shirt on today :D -- lots of folks here waiting for your visit to get their shirts and hats to show their love too .... :canada::canada:

Cheers,
Colin.

Another email from Joe and Anne Smiley and this time a link to a video on You Tube about Joe's racing life along with his family pit crew.

The car as far as I can tell in an early C3 (chrome bumper) and the track is Shannonville (ON) which I have raced around b4 in an Ariel Atom so quite recognizable, and some may recognize the Canal at the beginning of it.

Joe is still having issues getting logged in but I'm sure would love to hear comments on our meeting at Tim's and youtube video which seems to be very well done and very interesting.

Kudos Joe and pit crew -- Would love to see more vidoes as your racing career continues......

Cheers,
Colin (CCO)

My 81 year old Dad Still Racing

Wow! So cool! Really enjoyed that Colin. Nice to see a Corvette being used as Zora intended...racing on a road course.

My hat goes off to you Joe for living the dream. Nice to see it's a family affair as well. Well done!

I hope I have the pleasure of meeting up with Joe and Anne one of these days.

Greg.

81 is just a little over 14 year away for me. I hope I still have a license and can drive when that age.....if I even last that long. ;) It's nice to see older people who still have some life left in them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread