I'm New Here
Oct 15, 2013
Newmarket
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06
Province
ON
Hi has anyone got this done in GTA area anywhere near the MSRP of $350 USD? I've inquired around, seems not a lot of dealers are even aware of it (even in 2019) and some have cited that they have never even performed it on any corvettes. I am very surprised.

Hi has anyone got this done in GTA area anywhere near the MSRP of $350 USD? I've inquired around, seems not a lot of dealers are even aware of it (even in 2019) and some have cited that they have never even performed it on any corvettes. I am very surprised.

Had my 17 done in YEG for $550

Some dealerships had to be informed while some knew all about it. It's just a VIN based flash to the suspension computer so no big deal for any dealer to do it.

Search CCF for the threads on this. All the discussions and info is there from across the country. The pricing has been all over the place based on the labour they charge to upload to your car.

What I can say is it turned out to be a good noticeable upgrade to my 17 Z06 so likely you will enjoy it as well.

Footman, we're you ever able to get this done in the GTA? My Ottawa dealer has no info and said "it is only available in the USA". Total BS but it just reinforces their lack of knowledge of the Corvette. They sell them but can't do any serious service.

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
Here is the official information below guys. And yes it is available in Canada. Bob it makes a noticeable difference in the ride. I found the biggest difference in sport mode but I don’t spend much time in tour mode. Definitely worth it to get in my opinion.
It’s just a software flash that is assigned your VIN number by GM. Requires a simple communication between your dealership and GM to assign your VIN to to file. GM sends it, Dealership downloads it and dumps it into you car. It’s incredibly easy. 0.3 hours labour.

Document ID: 4873206
Electronic Suspension Control Module Calibration Data File Installation
Installation Instructions Part Number
Chevrolet Corvette Magnetorheological (MRC) Performance Damper Calibrations
Thank you for choosing Chevrolet Performance as your high performance source. Chevrolet Performance is committed to providing proven, innovative performance technology that is truly.... more than just power. Chevrolet Performance parts are engineered, developed and tested to exceed your expectations for fit and function. Please refer to our catalog for the Chevrolet Performance Authorized Center nearest you or visit our website at www.chevroletperformance.com.
These calibrations are available for C7 Corvette vehicles equipped with the MRC (magnetorheological) damper system. Specific calibrations are available per model year and model listed in Calibration Reference Table.
It is not the intent of these specifications to replace the comprehensive and detailed service practices explained in the GM service manuals. For detailed installation instructions please look to the service manual for your specific vehicle.
GM service manuals are available from: Helm Incorporated helminc.com 800-782-4356
PO Box 07130
Detroit, MI 48207
For information about warranty coverage, please contact your local Chevrolet Performance parts dealer.
Observe all safety precautions and warnings in the service manuals when installing this kit in any vehicle. Wear eye protection and appropriate protective clothing. Support the vehicle securely with jack stands when working under or around it. Use only the proper tools. Exercise extreme caution when working with flammable, corrosive, and hazardous liquids and materials. Some procedures require special equipment and skills. If you do not have the appropriate training, expertise, and tools to perform any part of this conversion safely, this work should be done by a professional.
The information contained in this publication is presented without any warranty. All the risk for its use is entirely assumed by the user. Specific component design, mechanical procedures, and the qualifications of individual readers are beyond control of the publisher, and therefore the publisher disclaims all liability incurred in connection with the use of the information provided in this publication.
Chevrolet, Chevy, the Chevrolet Bow Tie Emblem, General Motors, and GM are all Registered trademarks of the General Motors Corporation.
These Performance MRC Damper Calibrations require the reprogramming of the MR suspension control module. This must be done with the Service Programming System at an Authorized GM Dealer. The damper calibrations do not include any hardware content, the available calibrations are listed below in the installation section. Model year 2014 and 2015 vehicles will also include MR Suspension Control Module software and utility file updates along with the calibration files. These files will be included in the VCI from TCSC, described below.
1 of 5
© 2018 General Motors. All rights reserved.

Note to Dealers:
When reprogramming the MR suspension control module, please call Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC) at (1-800-828-6860). The TCSC will provide programming requirements and instructions as well as a Vehicle Configuration Index (VCI). The VCI is valid for one specific Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). When calling TCSC to obtain a VCI number, please insure the specific vehicle VIN is on hand.
Dealer Piece Cost for Calibration will be billed to the BARS/Open Account monthly via Techline. Dealer Statement will include the 17- digit VIN, Part Number Reference ”CORVSUSP" and Dealer Piece Cost. The labor for download and re-flash of the module is to be charged to labor OP 0602448 at an allowable 0.3 hours.
Note: This upgraded suspension calibration is a customer pay transaction and should not be submitted as a warranty claim. The only submission to General Motors is for 0.3 hr Labor.
Warranty Information:
Reflashing the MR Suspension Control Module with this calibration maintains the vehicle’s warranty.
Calibration Details:
Continuous on-track and street development combined with the pursuit of perfection have pushed our Corvette engineers to develop updated tuning strategies and algorithms for existing MRC equipped Corvettes. Each calibration is independently tuned for its respective chassis; updates Tour, Sport, and Track modes unless otherwise noted, and includes independent compression and rebound calibration for front and rear dampers. This allows for precise control of heave, pitch, and roll under a wide variety of situations to fine tune the vehicle’s response. Corvette MRC Suspension Calibration Upgrades improve ride quality and handling feel, and have been rigorously developed and tested, ensuring all chassis systems work together seamlessly.
Attributes for the New MR Calibration Updates - Tour Mode:
Applies to
2016 to 2018 Base+F55
2014 to 2017 Z51
2017 Grand Sport
2017 Grand Sport w/Z07
2015 to 2017 Z06
2015 to 2017 Z06w/Z07
For 2018 MRC vehicles, please see footnote
Major Improvements in impact isolation and integration – Impacts are softer, and less harsh. When the vehicle does encounter rough roads, the structural feel is greatly improved.
Major improvements in ride motions at all speeds. Much more balanced and less abrupt. The car is more poised in compression and rebound, resulting in a flatter ride. This is not implying stiffer body motions, but the vehicle exhibits a more composed ride.
Parking lot and low speed (25 mph and less) ride motions are more compliant and less jarring.
Handling is more responsive and much more precise. The response of the vehicle is more exact responding to the driver steering inputs.
For 2018 vehicles, some of the final improvements being implemented for the MRC upgrades © 2018 General Motors. All rights reserved.
2 of 5

were part of the 2018 production release. Thus, the improvements for 2018 vehicles are also very significant but not quite as dramatic as the 2014 to 2017 packages.
Attributes for the New MR Calibration Updates - Sport Mode:
Applies to
2016 to 2018 Base+F55
2014 to 2017 Z51
2017 Grand Sport
2017 Grand Sport w/Z07
2015 to 2017 Z06
2015 to 2017 Z06w/Z07
For 2018 MRC vehicles, please see footnote
Sport also has major improvements in impact isolation and integration. With these new improvements, the impact isolation and integration is better than the Tour mode with the original production calibrations. – Impacts are softer, and less harsh. When the vehicle does encounter rough roads, the structural feel is greatly improved.
Major improvements in ride motions at all speeds. Much more balanced and less abrupt. The car is more poised in compression and rebound, resulting in a flatter ride. The Sport mode exhibits significantly more body motion control that Tour.
Handling is more responsive and much more precise. The response of the vehicle is more exact responding to the driver steering inputs weather using Sport mode as a daily driver, or carving through a mountain road.
Parking lot and low speed (25 mph and less) ride motions are more compliant and less jarring.
For 2018 vehicles, some of the final improvements being implemented for the MRC upgrades were part of the 2018 production release. Thus, the improvements for 2018 vehicles are also very significant but not quite as dramatic as the 2014 to 2017 packages.
Attributes for the New MR Calibration Updates - Track Mode:
Applies to
2017 & 2018 Grand Sport
2015 to 2018 Z06
2015 to 2016 Z06 w/Z07
For 2017 and 2018 Grand Sport wZ07, & Z06 with Z07, please see footnote
The new track mode is better balanced and response to driver inputs are much more linear near and at the limit of adhesion. With the new Track calibration, the redistribution of the damping makes the car more fluid as it is cornered. The rotation of the car is more precise at initial turn in, and maintains its path through the turn. As the driver applies throttle, the car sustains its heading much better.
The new Track calibrations increases driver confidence. This, coupled with the vehicle being better balanced during the cornering maneuvers resulted in an average of a 1 second lap time improvement over the original calibration.
Revised temperature compen©sa2t0io18nGtaenbelreasl.MAotsortsh.eAfllurigdhthseraesterdveudp. , during long continuous and
3 of 5

repeated runs, sometimes over 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit), the damping was effected, not only on an absolute basis, but also the front to rear effecting the balance of the car. New temperature compensation tables were developed to make the balance of the car much more exact regardless of the damper fluid temperature.
For 2015 and 2016 Z06 customers who have the Z07 package, there is an option to update the Tour and Sport calibrations and keep the Track calibration. This is intended for a customer who may prefer to keep the on track calibration as is while benefiting from the tour and sport updates.
For 2017 and 2018 Grand Sport wZ07, & Z06 with Z07. The new Chevrolet Performance Track foundation calibrations were in the 2017 and 2018 Grand Sport wZ07, & Z06 with Z07 production vehicles with the exception of the revised temperature compensation tables discussed above. The new Chevrolet Performance calibrations for 2017 and 2018 Grand Sport wZ07, & Z06 with Z07 now include the updated temperature compensation.
Installation
Note: Dealers: The calibration download and installation labor is to be charged to labor OP 0602448 at an allowable 0.3 hours.
1. Drive the vehicle to your dealer and have the calibration updated to the applicable calibration listed in Calibration Reference Table below.
Calibration Reference Table
Model Year
Trim Level
Suspension RPO
Availability
Z06 with Z07
Customer to specify if they wish to include Track Mode Change or No Track Mode Change with new Calibration for this trim.
FE7
Now
Z06 with Z07
Customer to specify if they wish to include Track Mode Change or No Track Mode Change with new Calibration for this trim.
FE7
Now
Z06 with Z07
FE7
End of Q1 2018
Z06 with Z07
FE7
End of Q1 2018
Z06 without Z07
FE6
Now
Z06 without Z07
FE6
Now
4 of 5

Model Year
Trim Level
Suspension RPO
Availability
Z06 without Z07
FE6
Now
Z06 without Z07
FE6
End of Q1 2018
Grand Sport with Z07
FE7
End of Q1 2018
Grand Sport with Z07
FE7
End of Q1 2018
Grand Sport without Z07
FE6
End of Q1 2018
Grand Sport without Z07
FE6
End of Q1 2018
Z51 (Tour and Sport Mode Only)
FE4
Now
FE4
Now
FE4
Now
FE4
End of Q1 2018
FE4
End of Q1 2018
Base
FE2
Now
Base
FE2
Now
Base
FE2
End of Q1 2018
5 of 5
The listed applications may change, if your application is not listed above please go to www.chevroletperformance.com to check for the latest application list.
2. In order to the get the maximum performance and consistency out of the updated calibration, please allow the vehicle to sit for 8 to 10 hours after the update. The MRC damper system has a built in temperature offset correction as part of the calibration. Allowing the vehicle to sit will allow the damper temperatures to normalize, and the temperature offset in the calibration to accurately reset. The vehicle is still functional without this process. However, the temperature offset correction will be less accurate, resulting in a less optimized operation until the damper temperatures are allowed to normalize.

Thanks Le Baron. I am a member of the Capital Corvette Club in Ottawa but have yet to approach the members for dealer advice. I want to push this as far as I can with the dealer that sold me the car. I have purchased 4 vehicles from them since 2013 and they need to step up and manage this issue. Being in my seventies and a semi-retired entrepreneur, I don't tolerate bulls**t from a supplier. I am also more than a little tenacious and like to push people hard to do the right thing. Kinda makes my day when they see the light ;) .

Great places down Farnham way. Many, many years ago and in a previous career, I ran the Bell switching systems for everything east of Montréal out of Granby. It was a fun job with a big crew.

Had my 17 done in YEG for $550

Some dealerships had to be informed while some knew all about it. It's just a VIN based flash to the suspension computer so no big deal for any dealer to do it.

Search CCF for the threads on this. All the discussions and info is there from across the country. The pricing has been all over the place based on the labour they charge to upload to your car.

What I can say is it turned out to be a good noticeable upgrade to my 17 Z06 so likely you will enjoy it as well.

Who did yours, Sherwood?

Well, well, well .... my dealer finally discovered that the mag suspension upgrade flash is available for my car. They could not find anything in their system or documents with the reference numbers but a quick call to the GM number I provided (thanks to the CCF forum) and they were told that my car was eligible. As a direct result of the support of this forum and one very active member, aka Derek, the suspension flash will be done in the near future.

Well, well, well .... my dealer finally discovered that the mag suspension upgrade flash is available for my car. They could not find anything in their system or documents with the reference numbers but a quick call to the GM number I provided (thanks to the CCF forum) and they were told that my car was eligible. As a direct result of the support of this forum and one very active member, aka Derek, the suspension flash will be done in the near future.

Great news and glad to help. You will enjoy the update. It’s quite pleasantly noticeable. This is one factory mod that actually has a positive effect on the driver experience without a “performance debate” around it. 👍

Derek, anyone in particular to speak to? I dread trying to explain what I want to a service advisor.

Ask for Kolt. Likely going to get shuffled through the usual BS voice mail but you might get lucky.
Tell him I sent you and you better be looked after properly or I’ll kick him in the knee. He will know... decent guy.

I just sent him a message letting him know. 👍

46DA069E-1A4F-472F-B1C1-EBE1E80FCFA4.png

Last edited:

The suspension flash was completed on August 9 and once back in my garage, it sat for 20 hours before the next drive. The comparison drive is a route I take weekly from my home to Cornwall and covers a variety of road conditions including a major 4 lane highway. The car was in Tour mode the entire trip. The difference was noticeable on an 80 km/hr section full of transverse cracks and permanent cracked frost heaves; the rapid bounces were much smoother. On the highway there is a marked (meaning it is a bad one for trucks) expansion joint bump at the end of an overpass. It is always a sharp drop after the bump but when I hit it at 120 km/hr the difference was extraordinary. The bounce back effect was much smoother and made me smile thinking it felt a bit like my old Buick Enclave very smooth and controlled.

The total cost was $450 and it is well worth it. The dealer admitted they have never done one before but agreed they should have dug deeper rather than telling me it was not available for the 2017 with FE4 suspension. I gave the dealer feedback on the improvement in suspension performance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.