Aug 31, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 coupe
Province
NT
I have absolutely no desire to eat either moose or bison. The strip loin steaks in Uxbridge are absolutely amazing. The quality dipped during covid, but has now returned to almost pre-covid quality. Tender and tasty! MMM-MM
Just curious. Have you ever tried either one of them? If not you may be pleasantly surprised. Don’t get me wrong, I do very much enjoy a medium rare top sirloin every once in a while although we definitely eat more fish and poultry by far. And when you hit a chicken with your car it does far less damage.

Is there a link or reference to a numbered section/subsection that supports this statement?
I regularly refer to the OHTA for all sorts of traffic/driving related rules and regs, and can't find any reference or regulation that supports the quoted statement.
Directly or indirectly.
A link to the article or website where you got the quote would suffice for now.
Just curious as to which OHTA section covers it on a multi-lane highway.
This is the only textual match that I could find, and it only states that slower vehicles should "keep right where practicable".
No mention of "passing lanes" or "fast slow" lanes that I could find.
Not a surprise really, as the entire OHTA has much ambiguity and interpretive anomalies.

"Slow vehicles to travel on right side147
(1) Any vehicle travelling upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place shall, where practicable, be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (1).

Exception(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a driver of a,
(a) vehicle while overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction;
(b) vehicle while preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway;
(c) road service vehicle; or
(d) bicycle in a lane designated under subsection 153 (2) for travel in the opposite direction of traffic. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (2); 2015, c. 14, s.41.

Offence(3) Every person who, while driving a motor vehicle, contravenes this section is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than$150 and not more than $1,000. 2019, c. 8, Sched. 1, s. 27."

The next section, 148, covers drivers crossing the centre line of a 2 lane road when their lane is blocked, opposite any oncoming traffic. It's illegal, but many drivers think it's their prerogative to help themselves to the other half of the roadway, when their side is blocked, even when there is oncoming traffic approaching on the other side.
you quoted the reference yourself….."vehicle travelling upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place shall, where practicable, be driven in the right-hand lane…" again regardless of the context my point has always been it’s not called FAST LANE nor SLOW LANE.

Just curious. Have you ever tried either one of them? If not you may be pleasantly surprised. Don’t get me wrong, I do very much enjoy a medium rare top sirloin every once in a while although we definitely eat more fish and poultry by far. And when you hit a chicken with your car it does far less damage.
No, I haven't. I'm sure they are tasty, but I have no desire to eat game. I'd rather eat farmed sources of food. I know I'm not kind to the animals, but I must eat meat so that's what I prefer to do. I can't actually do the killing and I don't want someone else killing a wild animal for me. I'm sure there are arguments that make me sound crazy, but that's me.

No, I haven't. I'm sure they are tasty, but I have no desire to eat game. I'd rather eat farmed sources of food. I know I'm not kind to the animals, but I must eat meat so that's what I prefer to do. I can't actually do the killing and I don't want someone else killing a wild animal for me. I'm sure there are arguments that make me sound crazy, but that's me.
I think you're more the rule, than the exception. Mmmmmm, strip loin steak. 👍

At last count there are 6,784 arguments.... :rofl:

At last count there are 6,784 arguments.... :rofl:
I challenge you to name them! :p
Go kill for supper, no problem.
Go kill for sport and you're no sport unless the Bison also has a gun! ;)

I totally agree . I am not in favour of killing an animal just for sport but if the animal is being taken to feed your family and nothing is wasted then that is a different matter. Given the crazy price of food a lot of people hunt out of necessity. I not positive but I’m pretty sure the cows at the abattoir don’t have weapons. Let’s not bring up Zoos.

Reactions: Dik and Murray20c8
I not positive but I’m pretty sure the cows at the abattoir don’t have weapons. Let’s not bring up Zoos.
Ya, I eat them because they are farmed. They'd have no life at all if I didn't eat them.
Lets bring up zoo's, but not here. I'm going to move these posts to off-topic.

Ya, I eat them because they are farmed. They'd have no life at all if I didn't eat them.
Lets bring up zoo's, but not here. I'm going to move these posts to off-topic.
I missed the apostrophe. Good idea, I’ve yet to see a thread that hasn’t gone sideways yet. I’m probably as guilty as any for that !!!

• Clever
Reactions: MKC8
I missed the apostrophe. Good idea, I’ve yet to see a thread that hasn’t gone sideways yet. I’m probably as guilty as any for that !!!
Morphing into other car related threads is fine, but this is totally off topic, LOL
Zoo's? Most kids would never be able to see live animals from all over the world if it wasn't for zoos. There must be a trade-off. Seeing pictures is one thing, but up close is totally different. It could even help the species because seeing them live gives a whole different perspective. Some zoos should be banned for sure. While others are quite worthwhile IMO...

Morphing into other car related threads is fine, but this is totally off topic, LOL
Zoo's? Most kids would never be able to see live animals from all over the world if it wasn't for zoos. There must be a trade-off. Seeing pictures is one thing, but up close is totally different. It could even help the species because seeing them live gives a whole different perspective. Some zoos should be banned for sure. While others are quite worthwhile IMO...
I do agree for the most part as long as they are for rehabilitation of injured animals or for others that for whatever reason can’t be released back to the wild. But the ones that are run for profit gotta go. Much like some seniors facilities these days.

I do agree for the most part as long as they are for rehabilitation of injured animals or for others that for whatever reason can’t be released back to the wild. But the ones that are run for profit gotta go. Much like some seniors facilities these days.
Senior facilities must go??? What am I to do! ;)
Ya, those for profit Zoos (and I use the term lightly) should go.

• Haha
Reactions: MKC8 and 1st Vette
Here you go.... ;)

And just so you know, I kill to fill my freezer. I'm not a trophy hunter. The only thing I kill that I don't eat are raccoons and coyotes. Raccoons because they are destructive around my farm and coyotes because they kill my pets.

Here. Meet some of my cows... They like to have their picture taken...
PXL_20230925_221634917 (1).jpg

Here you go.... ;)

And just so you know, I kill to fill my freezer. I'm not a trophy hunter. The only thing I kill that I don't eat are raccoons and coyotes. Raccoons because they are destructive around my farm and coyotes because they kill my pets.

Here. Meet some of my cows... They like to have their picture taken...
View attachment 114407
Fine looking bovines . Do you brush them?

Got drawn for antlerless Elk and Moose. Waiting to hear if I was drawn in the special draw for Buffalo in the Zama Lake country in northern Alberta. Smoked an Elk tenderloin on Saturday. All natural.

Likely a couple whitetails and a muley will round out the hamburger and sausage requirements. Unfortunately didn’t get drawn for Pronghorn this year. Mother may have a new pink 6.5 to try out.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread