AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
I'll just leave this here... Shot with a Canon 5D Mk IV, Canon 100-400L lens and Canon EF 2X III Extender pushing things out to 800mm. ISO 800-1/125-F11

121A6615.jpg

Great picture... Are you sure you didn't take this pic out of the space shuttle window? Either that or you snuck into my root cellar and took pictures of a rotten melon... lol... jk Les... great shot

The moon was spectacular out west last night too. I was smoking moose jerky out by my shop and tried to take a few pictures as well. I don't have near the camera power you do Les :( and it wasn't real clear here last night either but the clouds with the full moon do create scenery of their own too.... And no Graham.... this does not "cloud" the fact that you were officially mooned....

So.... any other moon shots out there ?.... hmmmmm.... setting myself up for a smart comeback but that's expected here.... lol...

DSCN5145 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
My moon pictures didn't turn out to be nearly as much fun as I wanted them to be. I got out to a good spot just as the moon was starting to break through the clouds and looked great, but the tripod mount that I had for the camera was not the right one for the tripod I brought. Of course, I had picked a spot that was nice and dark so as not to have background light ruin my photos, but it sure didn't help me to see what I was doing. Just my luck, the battery in my flashlight was dead too, so I was fumbling around in the dark. Everything just went to s**t on me. I couldn't use the tripod. Handheld shots are fuzzy. I couldn't get my 200mm lens to mount onto the body. So I said f*** it and went home. These are the only two halfway reasonable shots that I got, and it was long after the moon had cleared the clouds. Very disappointed.

111416Moon1280-1.jpg 111416Moon1280-2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.