I did manage to find a Dealership (Shaganappi) that will let me bring my own Mobil 1 for a $65 dry-sump renew (incl filter and a 20% discount).
As I would have to buy a filter, it's not looking like I would save very much doing it on my own ... although everything then gets doubled-up for me.
YYSSW ...

Last edited:
Greetings from a newbie to this forum. I have 2015 Stingray and until this year I had no cost oil changes done by my local Chev dealer.
They have quoted me a cost of about $250 using Mobile 1.
The question is - would you trust Mr. Lube to change the oil and filter in your Vette. Thanks in advance for your help.

No no no. Please no. Buy your oil and filter, most dealers out this way at least are ok to change it for you. You'll save a few bucks in the process.

Reactions: ddgermann
Once on my 2006 Z51. Never again-felt so nervous. Ottawa dealer has dedicated staff who only work on Corvettes. 1st paid fluid change on 2016 z51 cost me $310 tax-in for Mobile 1. Go with the other oil brand and you could save over $100.

Reactions: ddgermann
Although we don’t rev anywhere near 14,000. This is an interesting vid to what goes on inside. Almost scary to watch.

Damn scary.... about the 2 minute mark I was afraid something was gonna fly apart and come right through my screen... had to shut it off..... lol....

To be perfectly honest (and I may catch flak for this), I have taken my daily drivers (and my C6) to Mobil 1 Express in Red Deer for 10 years. I have gotten to know Aaron (owner) pretty well. He is a licensed mechanic and his staff have been with him for a long time. They have a pit in each of the three bays (no hoist) and the customer drives his own vehicles in and out. They are very thorough and careful, will let me get greasy with them if I like, and comes the time (next change), I don't think I would hesitate to use them for my C7. Price wise, I take my 7.3 litre Powerstroke Ford there and just over 14 litres of synthetic Mobil 1 for Turbo Diesels, an oil filter the size of a 5 gallon can... (slight exaggeration), lube with all the trimmings, costs me $ 140.00 give or take. He gives regulars 10% off so about $154.00. Would I trust a lube shop I didn't know?... Probably not, but the same goes for a dealership I didn't know...

To be perfectly honest (and I may catch flak for this), I have taken my daily drivers (and my C6) to Mobil 1 Express in Red Deer for 10 years. I have gotten to know Aaron (owner) pretty well. He is a licensed mechanic and his staff have been with him for a long time. They have a pit in each of the three bays (no hoist) and the customer drives his own vehicles in and out. They are very thorough and careful, will let me get greasy with them if I like, and comes the time (next change), I don't think I would hesitate to use them for my C7. Price wise, I take my 7.3 litre Powerstroke Ford there and just over 14 litres of synthetic Mobil 1 for Turbo Diesels, an oil filter the size of a 5 gallon can... (slight exaggeration), lube with all the trimmings, costs me $ 140.00 give or take. He gives regulars 10% off so about $154.00. Would I trust a lube shop I didn't know?... Probably not, but the same goes for a dealership I didn't know...
Relationship is everything!

Sorry not while they’re pouring the oil in but after. He kept the revs at 1000rpm I’d say. He said he needed to get the oil temp before he can check the levels

Is it normal for the tech to rev the car to get the oil temp up during dry sump oil change?

Absolutely not. They are trying to rush the process. Remember your car is warm when they dump the oil. it takes maybe 30 minutes to do the service then the car is pulled out and sits running for ~15 minutes. There is no need to rev the engine. I've had multiple Mobil 1 changes done on dry sump Corvettes and have never seen my engine revved in the process.

• Agree
Reactions: hemicat
Freakin a holes 🤬

It's supposed to be a settling time for the oil to get up to temp and all through the system...air out etc so the level can be checked and topped up in the reservoir if needed. Revving kind of seems the opposite of the intention of the process.

I expect at 1000-1500 it's not a big deal but I would be freaking out at 3000 and quickly getting my car out of there. I am super curious as what reason the tech/service genius gave for revving the car. Would also like to get my hands on the actual GM procedure for this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.