I'm New Here
Mar 27, 2015
Oro-Medonte
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
ON
Greetings from a newbie to this forum. I have 2015 Stingray and until this year I had no cost oil changes done by my local Chev dealer.
They have quoted me a cost of about $250 using Mobile 1.
The question is - would you trust Mr. Lube to change the oil and filter in your Vette. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Nik and ddgermann
Hell Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It will start at Mr Lube with them asking you to pop the hood and then standing in the front of your Corvette so they can lift it up .... Get It ?🤣

Although they would be able to lift it up from there if on the C8, it would still result in a WTF for them 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: vintageracer
Not a chance, trusting a minimum wage kid with your baby. Heard too many horror stories. We only assign these cars to our licensed techs even for an oil change. Not all dealers do that but you certainly can request it. Yes cheaper to do it yourself but not everyone wants to bother.

Reactions: hemicat
I'm almost 73 and decrepit, yet I still change my own oil. I use Mobil 1 and Delco filter as recommended by GM but any quality oil will do the job. My old COPO Chevelle went 175K+ miles on the oils of the day so, if the premium oils of today are so much more wonderful, then they should work miracles on our engines. Advertising and scare tactics sell a lot of product these days and not just oil. I made up 8 foot long extensions to run our 2005 Corvette up onto the standard steel ramps that I use on the other vehicles. As posted in the picture below, the oil change is pretty straight forward from there on. I have the cup type tool that fits on the end of the Delco filter, so no problem with clearance around the pan.

Last edited:
I have the same trim and agreed it's easy to do yourself. There is a great how to YouTube video for the z51. Note you don't need the specific tools he recomends to take the filter off. Easy to to take off by hand or just basic oil filter tool you can buy at Cdn tire.

Watch "How to Change the Oil in a C7 Corvette Dry Sump Z51 & Grand Sport | Sons of Speed" on YouTube

Reactions: hemicat
Greetings from a newbie to this forum. I have 2015 Stingray and until this year I had no cost oil changes done by my local Chev dealer.
They have quoted me a cost of about $250 using Mobile 1.
The question is - would you trust Mr. Lube to change the oil and filter in your Vette. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ahhh no. Not on a lawnmower let alone a dry sump engine in my corvette.
Lots of guys enjoy the satisfaction of changing their own oil. I use the dealership as disposal of the used oil/filter is difficult for me.
I spent $130 K on a car... so a couple hundred bucks once or twice a year doesn’t register on the el-cheapo meter 😆

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.