Mobil1.jpg
thermalbreakexists20170509_43.jpg
Turns out I was fantasizing.. Here's the cap on my yet to be cleaned up and detailed 17 Z

View attachment 10494
You should hopefully have a Mobil 1 Corvette Pamphet in your glove box stuff. On that pamphet is a sticker and it shows you where to apply it.
With that sticker ... I am pointing out to the "service geniuses" everytime I go in that Mobil 1 is included !!!

Last edited:
View attachment 10564 View attachment 10565
You should hopefully have a Mobil 1 Corvette Pamphet in your glove box stuff. On that pamphet is a sticker and it shows you where to apply it.
With that sticker ... I am pointing out to the "service geniuses" everytime I go in that Mobil 1 is included !!!

Ok sure enough... I got a nice "break in" burnout done and some "not at one speed" driving accomplished since yesterday and today came back down to earth enough to act almost my age by getting the Onstar and Sat Radio calls done to transfer the new car. (god that sucks making those calls)
So after getting all the seat memory set up for the a$$ grove along with 30 other little configurations done and while digging in the glove box for instructions on pairing the phone I see this.... booklet

So on went the decal... Whew tough day.

But really thanks for letting me know Man. I most likely would have not noticed that booklet let alone the decal. Can't imagine why they just didn't put it on in the factory?...However I suppose if we wanted to use another warranty approved oil the sticker would become redundant.
I guess the booklet and sticker makes us feel like we have a more intimate connection to the car. "WooHoo! :Woohoo:
I put a decal on so now I'm an expert on my car" Yaaaa... no. I can barely recognise the alternator and A/C compressor on this thing. Way out of my league.

Laughing so hard right now... as I have wasted 15 minutes of my life on the sticker and posting this. Although both were fun.

Derek

IMG_6024.jpg
IMG_6025.jpg
IMG_6026.jpg

... don't you just love when a great plan comes together and now you've done something to your car ... now no more !

(actually I've also enjoyed doing the Stingray Splash Guards ... in the DIY thread ... not a Z06 thing though)

I'm at my dealer getting the oil changed on my Z51. I expected I would have to battle for my mobil1 but no. I was told all Corvettes get Mobil 1, no and ifs or buys. Its also a,free oil change.
Yup Dealerships know that Dry Sumps Z51 GS Z06 has inclusive Mobil 1. There's a GM bulletin to support it.
Many Dealerships like yours and Northgate … just do it :thumbs:
Stay away from Calgary though as it's always stressful for me to educate service counter staff
that its Mobil 1 or give me my car back. :Rage:

@ddgermann and myself have some carbon-fibre Mobil 1 Demanding bling on the way for under the hood …

Actually all corvettes get Mobil one. As I shared early in the post I had a letter from GM stating so. Too add to this I just finished my free oil changes the manager told me to come back by end of August as that's the end of my "time" portion of the free oil changes I was confused as I had my free changes already. but when I went there, he gave me Mobil one oil and filter for my next oil change great service, when I go back its $22 bucks for them to do oil change since he gave me the free oil and filter.

Life is great

Ya its not any effort of mine to conflict between Corvette Owners here
as I really am not wasting my time saying that Calgary Dealerships
here just don't give a crap … then I worry even more when they
eventually find something to say that I will get Mobil 1. This inclusive
Oil Program for my Corvettes has not been great for me at all.
I tell GM about it every time they ask me how my service went.
(and Dealership wants me to tell them first if I'm not happy - YYSSW)
Any way, I am so happy this program is done on my 2016 ...
I still have to endure my 2017 though … so the saga in YYC will continue

Soon I will be happily paying for what I get and I will be also
insisting to have my Mobil 1 bottle with the approx. 0.75 litres in it … just because.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread