Yes , by all means contact Steve at Davenport Motorsports, I contacted him and even as a group buy MGW couldn’t do much on price because they are a small company/operation. Outstanding service from Steve and the shifters are an easy install( take your time and be patient), and like people have said they are precise like that of a bolt action on a rifle. Clean , crisp and shorter shifts.

Yes , by all means contact Steve at Davenport Motorsports, I contacted him and even as a group buy MGW couldn’t do much on price because they are a small company/operation. Outstanding service from Steve and the shifters are an easy install( take your time and be patient), and like people have said they are precise like that of a bolt action on a rifle. Clean , crisp and shorter shifts.
Good comparison. Glad you didn't compare to the lever action on a 94 Win. hahaha...

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
I'm thinking of ordering an MGW Shifter. I contacted them and the shipping cost was quite high to Canada, not to mention brokerage/duties/taxes etc via UPS. I wanted them to ship via my business account, but they refused.

Seeing as we can't cross the border for the foreseeable future, I'm wondering if there is enough interest that I could try to organize a group buy. Perhaps this could get us a slight discount, and we could consolidate the shipping.

Anyone interested? Not even sure if they'd be open to it, but I can start that dialogue if there is interest.
Do you know what the final cost was for someone getting one here in Canada?...with the $$exchange..brokerage...etc..etc....just wondering if the price ends up being double what MGW is asking.

Couple of things.................are you planning a trip to the US anytime in the near future and staying for a bit (vacation, road trip etc etc)? If you are plan on shipping it to where you are staying and just bring it back. After a couple of days stay you can pretty well bring it back with no extra costs. The only thing now is that pretty well everything you buy and ship in the US will get state tax tacked on the purchase (with very few exceptions). When you factor in shipping it to a border place and either driving over to get it or having a service bring it over for you to Canada and paying all the charges it can add up to quite a bit so if you are already in the US for personal business or pleasure time lining up purchasing it while you are there already is the better option.

Keep an eye on the forum classifieds (here and the US one), they come up FS once in a while and with some luck you'll find someone selling one that hasn't even been installed yet (so basically new).

I bought my flatstick MGW off a member from Burlington last year, brand new never installed for his C6. Was listed and was at the right place at the right time to jump on it. Had the 6sp ball though so later in the year called MGW and got the right 7sp ball. Screenshot below from my walkaround vid.

I have plans maybe down the road to just get the regular MGW stick for the shifter and I can use the factory shift knob in the car but I like the flatstick look so far.

Attachments

• 2019 ZR1 walkaround video part 1 - YouTube and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge 2022-...png
    2019 ZR1 walkaround video part 1 - YouTube and 1 more page - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge 2022-...png
    363.8 KB · Views: 6
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.