Sep 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
I'm thinking of ordering an MGW Shifter. I contacted them and the shipping cost was quite high to Canada, not to mention brokerage/duties/taxes etc via UPS. I wanted them to ship via my business account, but they refused.

Seeing as we can't cross the border for the foreseeable future, I'm wondering if there is enough interest that I could try to organize a group buy. Perhaps this could get us a slight discount, and we could consolidate the shipping.

Anyone interested? Not even sure if they'd be open to it, but I can start that dialogue if there is interest.

I could be convinced to get in on a group buy.

Let me help: you want one of these. Not only does it shorten the shift substantially (1-1/4" shorter travel from 3rd to 4th on my C7), it's more precise and smooth (say goodbye to those 4th to 7th mis-shifts).Also it's gorgeous, machined and anodized billet, seems a shame to cover it up. MGW is Maryland Gun Works, guy is a world renowned gunsmith and the shifter is art.

Let me help: you want one of these. Not only does it shorten the shift substantially (1-1/4" shorter travel from 3rd to 4th on my C7), it's more precise and smooth (say goodbye to those 4th to 7th mis-shifts).Also it's gorgeous, machined and anodized billet, seems a shame to cover it up. MGW is Maryland Gun Works, guy is a world renowned gunsmith and the shifter is art.
I’m convinced. Lol. Actually have always been convinced.

Are you in Toronto ? You could use this as a alternative . Get them to ship UPS to the Cross Boader depot In the U.S . And they will bring it over at a reduce rate than using UPS . And you can just go pick it up .

Last edited:
Are you in Toronto ? You could use this as a alternative . Get them to ship UPS to the Cross Boader depot In the U.S . And they will bring it over at a reduce rate than using UPS . And you can just go pick it up .

Thanks for that link!
Prior to the covid, you could cross and pick up for a $5.00 fee here:

I've looked at this, as well as "Shippsy". I may go this route. The trouble is that their shipping address is in NY, and depending on where you are ordering from, you may get charged with 8% NY sales tax. This is the case with RockAuto and TireRack because likely they have presence in those states.

I checked with Davenport in Calgary. $600 delivered. So far thats the low water mark.
That price of $600 at Davenport sure looks like a real good price for the C7 shifter. :thumbs:
Does that include a choice for the knob (as it appears to be extra) ?

I priced out a C6 shifter from MGW in the USA that includes the knob and it equated to CAN$560 before shipping was added
(credit card exchange rate at $1.40 - which is variable and often higher right now).
I found out they use UPS (Brown Truck) so I am most certain the $600 mark will be surpassed once
a Canadian shipping premium is added to their $19 base shipping cost. Then UPS is very diligent with
adding their import broker costs and then another $30 for just the GST.

Thinking Davenport might entertain a "group buy" and then just add shipping within Canada to each one.
Perhaps the OP should contact Steve at Davenport to just check out if they will entertain the idea.
Although it may be no different in price than anyone just calling Davenport on their own or finding a local speed shop of their own
that will be close to the same price.

Last edited:
☝🏻 a valid question with a friendly suggestion that it may be best asked in a separate thread so that your answer(s) don't go back and forth with the OP MGW buy ☝🏻

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Sorry for the radio silence. I didn't get any further with the Group Buy with MGW as I'm super swamped at the moment.

MGW quoted me $70 USD for UPS shipping, which is non-ground ("Expedited"), so that includes the crazy UPS Brokerage fees. You'd be in it for the GST/HST either way. So that would be $369+$70=$439 USD (@~1.35 = $592.00 CAD + GST/HST), which sounds about the same as this Davenport option. If you have a contact there, they may be a better option as they may have more pull with MGW.

My normal option of shipping to the USA is a non-starter for the foreseeable future.

I was a little put off by MGW because they brushed me off: I offered to ship under my own companies shipping account, as I have decent UPS rates, but they refused, so I wasn't too happy with their willingness to work with their customers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.