Sjay

I'm New Here
Jun 19, 2015
belleville, ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 Corvette
As the first upgrade to my vette, I decided to change the shifter. Partly because of the shifter performance and partly because I did not like the OEM shifter/knob.

Being a fan of classic cars and always drooling over internet pictures of muscle cars from the 60's, you see your fair share of Hurst cue ball shifters.

In researching various shifters/knobs I came across the MGW. Every review was positive so I decided to bite the bullet and order one. Although there is a hurst shifter that fits the C6, it doesn't include a lower box like the MGW. MGW in my opinion provides a more "complete" shifter upgrade.

Being a Canadian, it was easier/cheaper to ship it to my brother in Baltimore and have him bring it over when he comes to Toronto.

My understanding is that MGW makes these shifters once you order. After placing my order my brother decided he was going to come to Toronto sooner than expected. So I called MGW to inquire about the shipping date. To my surprise, my call was answered by a lovely lady (as opposed to an automated machine) to whom I explained my time constraint. She advised me that she would place my order on high priority and my shifter would be sent out as soon as possible. I'm pleased to say that the shifter came well before my brother's trip to Toronto.

So before I discuss the shifter itself, I would like to give a big shout out to MGW for their great customer service!

THE SHIFTER:

Although I have yet to install the shifter, my initial impression is this shifter is awesome! The build quality, finish and feel are amazing. I would recommend this shifter to anyone solely on my initial impressions.

I will provide feedback once installed and a picture of the installed shifter.

Attachments

• IMG_20160411_225559.jpg
    IMG_20160411_225559.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: LSXtasy
As the first upgrade to my vette, I decided to change the shifter. Partly because of the shifter performance and partly because I did not like the OEM shifter/knob.

Being a fan of classic cars and always drooling over internet pictures of muscle cars from the 60's, you see your fair share of Hurst cue ball shifters.

In researching various shifters/knobs I came across the MGW. Every review was positive so I decided to bite the bullet and order one. Although there is a hurst shifter that fits the C6, it doesn't include a lower box like the MGW. MGW in my opinion provides a more "complete" shifter upgrade.

Being a Canadian, it was easier/cheaper to ship it to my brother in Baltimore and have him bring it over when he comes to Toronto.

My understanding is that MGW makes these shifters once you order. After placing my order my brother decided he was going to come to Toronto sooner than expected. So I called MGW to inquire about the shipping date. To my surprise, my call was answered by a lovely lady (as opposed to an automated machine) to whom I explained my time constraint. She advised me that she would place my order on high priority and my shifter would be sent out as soon as possible. I'm pleased to say that the shifter came well before my brother's trip to Toronto.

So before I discuss the shifter itself, I would like to give a big shout out to MGW for their great customer service!

THE SHIFTER:

Although I have yet to install the shifter, my initial impression is this shifter is awesome! The build quality, finish and feel are amazing. I would recommend this shifter to anyone solely on my initial impressions.

I will provide feedback once installed and a picture of the installed shifter.
They are a nicely crafted shifter. I've seen a few installed and they look really good. I miss my black ball style shift knob, I loved that thing, so I can understand your passion for getting one. It's going to look so good in your C6. You'll have to give us an update on the install and you initial impressions on it. Cheers!

Great write on the MGW company. So nice to hear something positive about dealing with people on a long distance bases.

This shifter looks like a first class piece of workmanship and I am looking forward to reading about the install and your impressions of the upgrade.

Thanks for sharing the story.

Reactions: LSXtasy
Earlier this morning I decided to tackle the install.

I decided to bring my laptop out and have it in the passenger seat as I undertook the installation procedure. I found the installation to be very straightforward. For anyone considering to purchase the MGW and install it yourself, i would say if you can do your own oil change, you can do this
thumbsup.gif
. The videos were very detailed and straightforward.

I did have a question during my install and I decided to call MGW. I was put through to George who gave me the exact responses I was looking for. I would like to give a special thanks to George from MGW (i know hes on this forum somewhere) for answering my question.

Now the important stuff: This shifting is GREAT. The shifts are shorter, more crisp and precise. Moreover, the Flat Stick retro design looks and feels amazing. As with everyone else, I too would recommend this shifter. Given the completeness of this kit (lower box, shifter, hardware) this product is well worth the money in my opinion.

The only thing better than this shifter is MGW's customer service!

Now for some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20160414_115422.jpg
    IMG_20160414_115422.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20160414_122130.jpg
    IMG_20160414_122130.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20160414_122224.jpg
    IMG_20160414_122224.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I installed the MGW shifter in my 2015 Z51. Huge difference in quality compared to the stock shifter. Shifts are crisp, no slop and the whole unit is made of higher quality material. MGW is great to work with, personable and they stand behind their product. Enjoy!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.