Who's planning the MITM start from Edmonton?

• Yes starting from Edmonton

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Joining the Edmonton crew on the road

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
As the kick off planning is well under way it's time to discover who is planning to start the cruise to MITM from Edmonton.

The meeting point will be the Flying J Shell station July 12th at 08:00. We will head out at 08:30ish..
Yellowhead Hwy 16/ Broadmoor Blvd., 50 Pembina Rd., Sherwood Park ABT8H 2G9

There is a McDonalds and Timmys right next door.

Google Maps

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 14.55.00.png

Here are the routes available:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/50+P...a10d31d1a!2m2!1d-105.5348562!2d50.3915811!3e0

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 15.00.23.png

As this is a 7 and a half hour run pit stops will be needed. These will depend on the route we choose.

So please indicate if you are planning an Edmonton start and what route you would like to use.

I'm looking at 16 east to Saskatoon then 11 SE to Chamberlain then 2 South to Moose Jaw.

The next morning we will be pulling out of Moose Jaw at 09:00 with the rest of the CCF gang and heading 3 hours East to Moosomin for a great lunch before the last 3 hour leg of our journey to Winnipeg

The Red Barn Restaurant

Lastly...well for sure not lastly... but for now;

Let's exchange some PMs with phone numbers in case someone has trouble out of radio range..... or just feels the need to call. :Biggrin:

Derek

Last edited:
Which day is the Edmonton crew leaving for Moose Jaw? :D

PM contact information sent. I'm pretty important, so please be careful with my phone number. At least I think I'm important, financial institutions are calling me all the time demanding I call them back. :rofl:

Anyway, really looking forward to this!

Which day is the Edmonton crew leaving for Moose Jaw? :D

PM contact information sent. I'm pretty important, so please be careful with my phone number. At least I think I'm important, financial institutions are calling me all the time demanding I call them back. :rofl:

Anyway, really looking forward to this!

I'm pleased you actually read the post Riley....:D

And thanks for pointing out an actual date was missing. :bathitshead:

You phone number is perfectly safe..... it will only be written in the stalls of finest airport lounges.
:oooh:.....kidding

Ok. I'm ready to start. When should I arrive, tonight, tomorrow, when?
Sounds good. Have to see who from Edmonton will leave from here as some were initially planning to overnight in Calgary, but as you're kicking off the Edmonton departure and its finalized, lets see who is leaving from here?
Rockitman
ddgermann,
Turbozig,
Jeffer2013.
Anyone????

Reactions: marty
Ok. I'm ready to start. When should I arrive, tonight, tomorrow, when?
Sounds good. Have to see who from Edmonton will leave from here as some were initially planning to overnight in Calgary, but as you're kicking off the Edmonton departure and its finalized, lets see who is leaving from here?
Rockitman
ddgermann,
Turbozig,
Jeffer2013.
Anyone????

I'm ready to go now as well... It's like waiting for Christmas not driving the car till spring.

There are 3 Alberta kick offs at the moment. Ziggy is doing the Calgary start with Spence and the gang. The event post will be up shortly with links to all the kick off treads to make this simple for everyone to connect. Moose Jaw will be rocking on July 12th when everyone meets up. (Hotel info is in the event post)

Derek

If you guys are coming through Lloyd, the wife and I will jump in there. There's a Timmy's and Coop on the East side of Lloyd, perfect for P-stop and Premium fuel top up.

Sounds perfect. We now have a solid reason for choosing the yellowhead route. No I'm not referring to the Tim Hortons. Although a coffee and some premium gas would be well timed here.

Is this the one?

Google Maps

Reactions: Riley P
Yes Sir, that's it. There is the Co-Op with 91 Octane premium, or across the street there is a Husky with 94, but the lot is a nightmare to get through with a low vehicle, but can be done if the 91 isn't strong enough.

Reactions: ddgermann
Yes Sir, that's it. There is the Co-Op with 91 Octane premium, or across the street there is a Husky with 94, but the lot is a nightmare to get through with a low vehicle, but can be done if the 91 isn't strong enough.

Excellent. The pit stop is set.
I naturally prefer 94 but the car runs fine on 91 so no problem for me. :thumbs:

Only use Husky if you are kewl with 10% Ethanol blended fuel..... If you want non ethanol, stick with Shell or Co-op 91

Husky Fuels for every type of drive

Husky’s ethanol-blended gas improves performance and is better for your car and the environment.

• Octane 94. Premium Plus with ethanol, the highest octane fuel available (AB, SK & MB)

Only use Husky if you are kewl with 10% Ethanol blended fuel..... If you want non ethanol, stick with Shell or Co-op 91

Husky Fuels for every type of drive

Husky’s ethanol-blended gas improves performance and is better for your car and the environment.

• Octane 94. Premium Plus with ethanol, the highest octane fuel available (AB, SK & MB)
That's correct! I only use one or the other, and prefer the Shell but won't hesitate to use CoOp.

Reactions: ddgermann
race%20fuel%20pump.jpg

I have a feeling this is the octane your car deserves.

I do believe this is the real set of pumps you were looking for ddgermann

th

I've never seen pumps like this anywhere... I guess I need to get out more.

I'm glad you posted this Dennis as it jarred me to check my manual on minimum octane. On the 17 Z06 the manual calls for a 93 octane rating. 91 is ok but that's the bare balls minimum. My 15 Z06 called for 91.

So now I have to pay attention to fuel... Great :meh:

So it's likely going to be 94 Husky with the 10% ethanol for the summer and to bed for the winter with 91 Shell or Co-op non ethanol fuel.

Reactions: rockitman
if I do happen to finally be able to make one of these events cruises. I would be joining in Edmonton from Grande Prairie with already 5 hours under my belt.

that many months out it is hard to know what's going to be happening. I might be in the middle of moving to BC.
It does help that it happens on my birthday, so I have at least one good excuse to book some time off.

Fingers are crossed.

if I do happen to finally be able to make one of these events cruises. I would be joining in Edmonton from Grande Prairie with already 5 hours under my belt.

that many months out it is hard to know what's going to be happening. I might be in the middle of moving to BC.
It does help that it happens on my birthday, so I have at least one good excuse to book some time off.

Fingers are crossed.

Hope you find the days. Be great to have you along.

Here are the Moose Jaw Hotel details. This can also be found on the "Corvette Zone" in the MITM event.

Details: Heritage Inn Moose Jaw, Sk
  • 20 rooms blocked off for Thursday July 12th. (well 19 now)
  • Use "CCF Meet in the Middle" as a booking reference.
  • Rate: $96.00 per night. For $7.00 extra a hot breakfast is added on.
  • Rooms must be booked by June 12th for the rate.
  • Free cancellation up to EOB July 10th.
  • Check in time 16:00 however they will let us in early if we want providing the rooms are ready.
  • There is a banquet room available if we decide to have a group meal. (I can arrange this if you all want to go that way)
  • Plenty of parking. We will take over a section of the parking lot.
  • Phone: Toll Free 1 (888) 888-4374 or 1 (306) 693-7550 Direct.
The Heritage Inn Moose Jaw

Please let me know how you feel about having a group dinner.

Reactions: YFCvii
After Check-in at the Moose Jaw hotel and when the ladies are tired of polishing and hearing how awesome our Corvettes are.... We are off for dinner at Boston Pizza just next to the hotel. Spence has made arrangements for a section for 30 hungry travellers from 6:30pm up to a 2am closing.
This offers an awesome variation of menu items and is licensed too.
Cars get parked & it's walking distance from our Hotel to next door.
Should meet everyone's taste and reasonable price and easier on coordinating. Thanks Spence!

Thursday July 12th from 6:30pm
Boston Pizza (1-306-691-5455)
1650 Main Street, Moose Jaw
"Corvette Meet in the Middle" Section

This information is also on the 'Corvette Zone" event

Meet in the Middle 2018

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread