Who's planning the MITM start from Edmonton?

• Yes starting from Edmonton

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Joining the Edmonton crew on the road

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Here is the Husky in Saskatoon with 94. It's right off the #16 before you get into town. There is ***shockingly*** a Tim Horton's next door if people want to grab a bite before continuing. Just down the road a ways is a Flying J for Shell fuel for those that want to stay away from ethanol (as can be seen in the top central area of the map). There is also a costco for a cheap hot dog or snacks if you're quick enough. We could make either the Flying J or Husky the Saskatoon meeting point before continuing to Moose Jaw. I was trying to find a place a little nicer to stop but I believe the point of this trip is to get to Moose Jaw, where the fun will start. If we left by 2:30, that should get us in Moose Jaw by 5:00, or if you think everyone will arrive and can be fueled up and fed by 2:00, we could make that the departure time.
upload_2018-2-7_9-30-50.png

Should people arrive to MJ early, I would suggest taking in the Western Development Museum as it is full of fascinating history (They close at 5:00). Saskatoon's Western Development museum is brilliant as well, but maybe another time when time allows.

Attachments

• Husky with 94.JPG
    Husky with 94.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
14:00 into Saskatoon should work Riley as it is about 6 hours from Edmonton with the stop off in Lloyd. Hopefully we will be gathering up a couple more cars there too.
So 14:30 out of Saskatoon should put us in Moose Jaw right around 17:00 leaving a bit of wiggle room for leg stretching and photos.

I will add this to the event on CZ.

Thanks
D

Reactions: Dub
One not so small general reminder,

The MITM sales items will be only available for a limited time. I will be collecting the orders and placing my order with the vendor by May 1st. Then shipping all the items out in May when I am back home.

I do not plan on loading my car and travelling with this stuff or buying and shipping a bunch of it on spec to Winnipeg. I'm going on this trip to enjoy it ... not run around all weekend selling T-shirts and caps. So please spread the word guys...once this order is in, it's done. The items will not be up on the CZ store from that day forward. @Nik we will likely need an info burst on this as well so anyone who thought they could just pick this stuff up in Winnipeg or anytime before or after needs to know that won't be the case. I would like to make sure anyone who wants something from MITM gets it before it's too late. I have discussed a group order for the Winnipeg guys and gals with @81Wayne already so that's in the works.
The reasoning for all this is simple. As the organizer, and to keep you all "Spam and Commercial free"; upfront all of this is coming out of my pocket and the number of combinations and sizes makes it very sketchy for me to just place a large order and hope to sell it all. I do not want to end up with boxes full of unsold and unswearable stuff. (Ladies medium doesn't fit me plus the scoop neck makes my man boobs look big)
The proceeds of these sales are going to fund the events trophies and prizes. If sales are good and I go past even, the extra few bucks will be donated to charities on behalf of CCF and CCOM.

Thanks guys,

Derek

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick9456
Can't make the trip to Winnipeg work, but was wondering if anybody would mind if we joined up in Saskatoon and tagged along to MJ? Thought we could do the run to MJ, enjoy the evening with everybody, maybe follow along to Regina Friday before circling back to Saskatoon.

Can't make the trip to Winnipeg work, but was wondering if anybody would mind if we joined up in Saskatoon and tagged along to MJ? Thought we could do the run to MJ, enjoy the evening with everybody, maybe follow along to Regina Friday before circling back to Saskatoon.

Too bad you can’t make it to Winnipeg but yes absolutely you can join in for the cruise and MJ Thursday night.
Look forward to meeting you.

Derek.

Reactions: grundy
Well it’s time for a little role call to kick off the run to Winnipeg for MITM next week.

I’m on my way home from Asia and have a few things to get done on the car before we head out.

Let’s discuss some radios for the trip and I recommend getting the Glympse app if you already haven’t. May help you find me when I get lost in... well everywhere.

No changes are planned for the kickoff location or time.

Reminder - use glympse

See you soon

Derek.

I actually don’t remember Jim. It’s been a while.
Once in there I just shared with the CCF group.
Mike @MikeysZ06 is the resident expert on this app. He likely knows all the details.

D
I appreciate the kind words Derek,thank you but,,,,, @SN-III might me a bit more in the know then me. Hopefully some of you guys use it next week.

It is one of those things Jim where it takes about 10 mins to get figured out. Every now and then,it’ll cut out but that usually just happens if you hit a dead spot and lose the signal. Then you just log in again. As well,sometimes it’ll take a few mins before you see someone else logged in.

Overall it’s a cool app. I’ll have it on for Cold Lake for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread