In our way back from the Middle
Took a detour on day one ... 4 cars
Long day of driving (more photos later)
@turbozig @JamesP @Z16Jim & me @SN-III
The day was full of “events” including a fella who 99.9% of us would “judge by his cover” (the way he looked and talked) came up to @turbozig at a fuel station in Bismarck ND and asked Ziggy ... “hey can I Flex with Your Car”. He had to ask again a second time and the third time we eventually got the “english” interpretation of the jargon. I’ll leave that with you all to figure out as we experience Day 2 😁
North Dakota
“Painted Canyon Overlook”
Theodore Roosevelt National Park

7DA8325A-C59D-4C1B-8DF1-FF1882997C74.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 3 - A capture for y'all on the going to the sun road .... we had 3 on this leg as @Z16Jim took a more direct route North to Calgary … these cars were being captured in the photographs from many others as it seemed they all of the sudden didn't realize they were actually there to check out rather awesome views of rocks and water.
84431FE9-9631-49B5-BA24-56E39AC53996.jpeg

Photo with @SN-III and @turbozig and @JamesP (in order from left to right)

Last edited:
I wish I had it in me to do the drive with you today. Just had to many long days in the car, we couldn't do another long day, resting up for Cold Lake

I missed you both as we started Day 3 as did the rest of us - and completely understood. It was a very long first day on the return and a late Dinner too. I was worried how we would fair and we did very well starting out on Day 2. It was the shorter leg but lacking quite a bit of "viewing quality” other than the road ahead for the driver, only to have "road construction nuisance" greet us into Shelby Montana (argh)! I took advantage to cowardly pass the pilot seat to Freda on part of this leg and ... fortunately she got to enjoy "racing with Amtrak". The third day had all the Rocks and the long days admittingly had built a desire for me to reach it's destination in good time. I fail in comparison though to Ziggy reaching Edmonton before making it a "day 4" - you are the Man Ziggy. I am truly very appreciative of such great people on this trip and I will always carry forward it's success and build stronger from any challenge.

Before I begin a New Experience toward Cold Lake this weekend, I've got one task remaining to contact the Manager of a Hotel in Williston who did not show up for "my meeting" the morning of our departure to discuss some "business" regarding the delivery of what one is confirmed to receive after prepaying months in advance. I later heard my wife had a "preliminary" discussion at the front desk that may have been noticed - she does carry a "strong punch" when needed. She had to be assured that the Desk Personnel would remind the Manager to show up for work each day; which otherwise gives the impression of a "Manager" who pretty much just "Manages to keep their job". I sadly could not find a Starbucks close enough to be able to quickly dial-down the effort of "my assistant" in this matter. As I did not want to venture too far off our path, we finally reached that Starbucks on Day 3 in Fernie. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Was great meeting you both as well James. You expect sometimes that there will be people you hit it off with and others maybe not so much. Everyone at this event were great. Looking forward to the next time I meet up with every single one of you. Drive safe my friend. :thumbs:

Well, after pulling in last night at about 12:15 am and having a good solid 7 hour rest I can finally add to this thread. We beat the rain home to Edmonton within about a half our. The "blue" Corvette God's were with us on the last stretch home from Calgary to Edmonton.

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to Derek for creating and organizing the MITM trip, you "rock" my good friend. I also want to express Cindy's and my appreciation and gratitude to Spence and Freda for making this US portion of the trip a great success. It was wonderful meeting our great new friends, Jim and Sandy, James and Leslie, and getting to know them over the last several days. It was such a pleasure meeting you all and look forward to getting together anytime for dinner, a cruise or another kickass trip! This shows again what a powerful connection we all have through our amazing cars and the CCF forum.

Cheers everyone!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread