Wow a very specific post on just what the C8 will be, powered by and branded.

The comments are mixed over there as expected but many are onboard with this as a distinct possible scenario.

Good read over all. 👍

Reactions: YFCvii
I am of the belief that Corvette has always been it's own brand. Now, I wasn't alive when it was first launched so I really don't know how it was marketed in the first 25 years or so, but I have never seen a commercial or advertisement that said Chevrolet Corvette. It is always simply, Corvette. My car doesn't say Chevrolet on it anywhere. If you look really hard with a bright light through the tinted emblems, you will see a tiny bowtie, and that is it. I can't think of any Corvettes of any generation that are any different.

I am of the belief that Corvette has always been it's own brand. Now, I wasn't alive when it was first launched so I really don't know how it was marketed in the first 25 years or so, but I have never seen a commercial or advertisement that said Chevrolet Corvette. It is always simply, Corvette. My car doesn't say Chevrolet on it anywhere. If you look really hard with a bright light through the tinted emblems, you will see a tiny bowtie, and that is it. I can't think of any Corvettes of any generation that are any different.

I agree. My GM dealership down the street isn't authorized to do warranty work on my Corvette. Period. They won't touch it. I have to drive the car 300 km to Saskatoon to get work done......good excuse eh?? ;) The "Corvette" brand is clearly set apart from GM.

Anyway, I read the post, and it appears to be quite credible in its delivery and content. I suppose people with nothing better to do could fabricate all of the details etc., but the writer strikes me as someone who has better things to do...... I found it interesting that there was no mention of the "Zora" moniker we've heard so much about.......hmmmm.....interesting. I believe the C8 will be good right out of the box, but as the writer indicates, the best stuff will happen a couple/few years from now, which is consistent with other generations, and doesn't come as a surprise.

The L.A. autoshow is underway, and I have yet to see any "hints"................ I guess we'll all see what happens January 14th, 2019. It's not far off now......

I like the write up. Well done and believable. Believable enough to gain increased interest that’s for sure.
As far as the unveiling, GM / Corvette better do better than how they did the C7 ZR1.
Unveiled in the MidEast and a no-Show at the majority of NA Autoshows.
That followed by terrible sales availability ... fool me once GM ... that’s all I gotta say ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I agree. My GM dealership down the street isn't authorized to do warranty work on my Corvette. Period. They won't touch it. I have to drive the car 300 km to Saskatoon to get work done......good excuse eh?? ;) The "Corvette" brand is clearly set apart from GM.

Anyway, I read the post, and it appears to be quite credible in its delivery and content. I suppose people with nothing better to do could fabricate all of the details etc., but the writer strikes me as someone who has better things to do...... I found it interesting that there was no mention of the "Zora" moniker we've heard so much about.......hmmmm.....interesting. I believe the C8 will be good right out of the box, but as the writer indicates, the best stuff will happen a couple/few years from now, which is consistent with other generations, and doesn't come as a surprise.

The L.A. autoshow is underway, and I have yet to see any "hints"................ I guess we'll all see what happens January 14th, 2019. It's not far off now......

Aside .. I have been told that mechanics have to take special training to work on Corvettes. If the dealership doesn't have trained mechanics they can't even sell Corvettes...

Reactions: flyboy999
That's true. You have to be a Corvette tech. I like the sounds of how GM won't allow dealers to sell the C8 unless they qualify. This has been the biggest problem with Viper ownership. Dodge makes a super cool exotic car and no one knows how to work on it.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread