Province / State
Alberta
  • Alberta
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • Seriously Rich
  • King of the Post
Wow a very specific post on just what the C8 will be, powered by and branded.

The comments are mixed over there as expected but many are onboard with this as a distinct possible scenario.

Good read over all. 👍

Reactions: SN-III

Rruuff Day

Finally!
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province / State
Alberta
  • C7
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • Show Off
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular

Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
Awards
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're Liked
  • You're a Regular
Keith Corvette aka CorvetteBlogger has his handle on the Corvette world. I go to that site every day, sometimes more than once.

Jeremiad

Regular
May 19, 2016
Awards
Airdrie
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z51
Province / State
Alberta
  • C6
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
I am of the belief that Corvette has always been it's own brand. Now, I wasn't alive when it was first launched so I really don't know how it was marketed in the first 25 years or so, but I have never seen a commercial or advertisement that said Chevrolet Corvette. It is always simply, Corvette. My car doesn't say Chevrolet on it anywhere. If you look really hard with a bright light through the tinted emblems, you will see a tiny bowtie, and that is it. I can't think of any Corvettes of any generation that are any different.

flyboy999

Regular
Dec 3, 2014
Awards
Meadow Lake/Lions Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06/07 & NSX
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
I am of the belief that Corvette has always been it's own brand. Now, I wasn't alive when it was first launched so I really don't know how it was marketed in the first 25 years or so, but I have never seen a commercial or advertisement that said Chevrolet Corvette. It is always simply, Corvette. My car doesn't say Chevrolet on it anywhere. If you look really hard with a bright light through the tinted emblems, you will see a tiny bowtie, and that is it. I can't think of any Corvettes of any generation that are any different.
I agree. My GM dealership down the street isn't authorized to do warranty work on my Corvette. Period. They won't touch it. I have to drive the car 300 km to Saskatoon to get work done......good excuse eh?? ;) The "Corvette" brand is clearly set apart from GM.

Anyway, I read the post, and it appears to be quite credible in its delivery and content. I suppose people with nothing better to do could fabricate all of the details etc., but the writer strikes me as someone who has better things to do...... I found it interesting that there was no mention of the "Zora" moniker we've heard so much about.......hmmmm.....interesting. I believe the C8 will be good right out of the box, but as the writer indicates, the best stuff will happen a couple/few years from now, which is consistent with other generations, and doesn't come as a surprise.

The L.A. autoshow is underway, and I have yet to see any "hints"................ I guess we'll all see what happens January 14th, 2019. It's not far off now......

AxeZ06

Regular
Sep 2, 2018
Awards
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06 Z07 3LZ
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
The Chicago auto show unveiling is the latest rumour.
That's in Feb.
If it does make the Detroit show, I'll go for sure.

Reactions: flyboy999
SN-III

MOTM

SN-III

Making the Day Matter
Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
Awards
YYC - alBEERta
VetteCoins
Car
His & Hers C7s
Province / State
Alberta
  • Alberta
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular
  • Seriously Rich
I like the write up. Well done and believable. Believable enough to gain increased interest that’s for sure.
As far as the unveiling, GM / Corvette better do better than how they did the C7 ZR1.
Unveiled in the MidEast and a no-Show at the majority of NA Autoshows.
That followed by terrible sales availability ... fool me once GM ... that’s all I gotta say ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann

Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
Awards
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're Liked
  • You're a Regular
This sure is not like the C7’s pre-reveal tease process. That is not unexpected as there is a completely new marketing team behind the C8’s reveal. But please GM, give us something for the Christmas/New Year’s Holidays.

BDK

Regular
Nov 19, 2016
Awards
Rosthern Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Convertible
Province / State
Saskatchewan
  • C6
  • SK
  • SK
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
I agree. My GM dealership down the street isn't authorized to do warranty work on my Corvette. Period. They won't touch it. I have to drive the car 300 km to Saskatoon to get work done......good excuse eh?? ;) The "Corvette" brand is clearly set apart from GM.

Anyway, I read the post, and it appears to be quite credible in its delivery and content. I suppose people with nothing better to do could fabricate all of the details etc., but the writer strikes me as someone who has better things to do...... I found it interesting that there was no mention of the "Zora" moniker we've heard so much about.......hmmmm.....interesting. I believe the C8 will be good right out of the box, but as the writer indicates, the best stuff will happen a couple/few years from now, which is consistent with other generations, and doesn't come as a surprise.

The L.A. autoshow is underway, and I have yet to see any "hints"................ I guess we'll all see what happens January 14th, 2019. It's not far off now......

Aside .. I have been told that mechanics have to take special training to work on Corvettes. If the dealership doesn't have trained mechanics they can't even sell Corvettes...

Reactions: flyboy999

flyboy999

Regular
Dec 3, 2014
Awards
Meadow Lake/Lions Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06/07 & NSX
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
That's true. You have to be a Corvette tech. I like the sounds of how GM won't allow dealers to sell the C8 unless they qualify. This has been the biggest problem with Viper ownership. Dodge makes a super cool exotic car and no one knows how to work on it.

Reactions: ddgermann

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)