I have had a new model Escape 2.0 Ecoboost (fast little car)with the paddle shifters. The Edge is a 2016...paddle shifts have done nothing for me but waste my time on either one. I was hoping the vette would be different, but the more I think about it, for a toy I should stick with the manual. Plus what would I do with my driving shoes and gloves ? lol

Cheers

Atta boy Kevin!
The M7 is a very fun transmission and shifts like a dream. Get what you enjoy. Who gives a crap about 0.2 seconds 0-60 on a car you are driving for fun. The car is in full nanny control with either transmission; Stingray or Z06 on a serious launch. Take the traction control off and try it... it's a ride so hang on.
I love the power of the Z06 with the M7. It is just fun and feels great.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
3rd Corvette with auto and paddle shift. I've driven Mt Baldy in California with 153 sharp curves and paddle shifted all the way. Spent 2 days at the Ron Fellows racing school with the A8, paddle shifting only and had a blast. When we travel long days, my wife can drive and I can stretch the passenger seat out and snooze. Ok recline the seat 4 inches back, but I still get to rest. I like to think its her car as well.
Corvette only makes two kinds of transmissions. Both are very exciting to drive and both are equally quick. Both are available by personal choices.
Buy what you love and love what you buy.
You can't go wrong either way.
Guaranteed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread