Highly unlikely for next year, but down the road as a year three enhancement to get the 22% who choose a manual to buy one (if they have not already bought the DCT version), that would be a nice way to bring more into the ME purchasing group. I sure hope so.

The reason I am thinking is not for year one and IMO not for year two, is that there is so much to develop for year one, and as we know the Corvette team is a very, very small one. They have massive, more important issues to get right (as opposed to now adding a second tranny into the mix), as they roll out such a majorly changed Corvette. And with a Z06 coming out in year two (we believe), again, enough to entice more buyers, but would not a manual for year three or later be a terrific choice?

Reactions: ddgermann
Highly unlikely for next year, but down the road as a year three enhancement to get the 22% who choose a manual to buy one (if they have not already bought the DCT version), that would be a nice way to bring more into the ME purchasing group. I sure hope so.

The reason I am thinking is not for year one and IMO not for year two, is that there is so much to develop for year one, and as we know the Corvette team is a very, very small one. They have massive, more important issues to get right (as opposed to now adding a second tranny into the mix), as they roll out such a majorly changed Corvette. And with a Z06 coming out in year two (we believe), again, enough to entice more buyers, but would not a manual for year three or later be a terrific choice?

Absolutely this would keep Corvettes a car with the configuration for everyone. 22% is a great number of cars so the numbers work for development cost.
I would not be upset if it wasn’t in the year 1 or 2 release but remain very impressed that it may be there eventually.
I’ll be waiting for the Z06ish version anyway so a year is ok for me. To get one with a manual would be amazing for me. 👍

Reactions: Zora
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.