Great information Manny, thanks!

Excellent point on keeping metal bits separate........

4 oz is sure not very much, like 1/2 a pop can.

Racing application???!!! What exactly does GM think is a 638 hp engine is for???!!!! For getting the mail?! Too funny!

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow what great news!

It is going to feel so good knowing it is finally in your safe and secure hands.

Are there any more immediate decisions I need to make mod-wise that could trip me up later on if I don't make them now??

When will you get initial dyno numbers?

I sure wish I could be there. Any further camera updates?

Cheers,

Garry

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow what great news!

It is going to feel so good knowing it is finally in your safe and secure hands.

Are there any more immediate decisions I need to make mod-wise that could trip me up later on if I don't make them now??

When will you get initial dyno numbers?

I sure wish I could be there. Any further camera updates?

Cheers,

Garry

I will try and Dyno it tomorrow .

As for mods , your on the right track :D

Good evening gentlemen,

No, I was initially told that this would take about two weeks and it seems that it will end up taking eight days. It did not go by truck it went by enclosed train so it was not dedicated to just moving my car. They may only ship every few days or they have to wait until they have enough vehicles to fill a railcar. I'm not sure. But to be honest it doesn't really make all that much difference. It would only be a problem if it took longer than springtime to get the work done and I don't think I have that much money to keep Manny and his team doing that many things to it. Maybe a frame-off restoration but that should not be for a few years yet!

Plus I'm not sure what the cost was for your truck either Keith and cost was a major factor in this. Manny was nice enough to do the leg work on this for me as well so I didn't have to go looking for a company to do the job.

I'm sure that there was all sorts of shunting and it ended up waiting on some tracks somewhere for other cars to arrive.

I hate to say it but with my experience as a farmer shipping grain by railcar speed is not a characteristic that I would use to describe the operation. But in this case speed was also not a factor. That is arrives safe and sound before it got too cold was important.

It looks like tomorrow is the day so I am waiting for the "all's good at this end" message from Manny. Not one like "wow you didn't say you needed so much bodywork as well" or "Garry, why did you ship your car without tires?" or "were you expecting me to install a fresh LS7 into that empty engine compartment?"!!!!

I can hardly wait for the magic to begin!

So who besides Manny will be stopping by to welcome the western guest?!

Cheers,

Garry

Good evening Keith,

I just hope I can sleep tonight. Thankfully when I wake up there will be a two hour time change so maybe it will have arrived when I get back from my walk!

What also might end up being hard is when it is completed and then having to wait a few months before I can get it, wondering what the weather will be like etc. On the plus side I'll have more time to find $ for the last few things I'd like to get which could work to my advantage as I can't imagine I'll be making this a yearly activity. So I hope to get as much done that I would like to have done as I possibly can with Manny.

Plus that will make the trip back home all the more fun too!

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.