HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Anyone with experiences they'd like to share regarding their lowered c5? I absolutely LOVE the look. In fact I think it totally transforms the car but I'm pretty worried that lowering an already pretty low car will be met with massive encounters with driveways...

Reactions: JLFC
Don't have any first hand experience, but I think C5's are pretty low as it is. How about larger wheels instead?

Are you trying to lower the car or fill the gap between the tire and body?

i cut my bushings and dropped as much as i could without removing bolts, and as far as stock bolts allow in the rear, it is no problem to drive around at all. but i am no longer able to park in any underground parking lots, so downtown toronto is out of question unless i know exactly where i am parking/going. thats my only issue. any driveway thats a little steep i take at an angle and sometimes i still scrape, but not a bg deal unless you're going fast. ( i also removed my front air dams, so i am scraping the metal frame pieces that stick out )

love the look, i would not raise it back up ever again.

- Kons

P9190022.jpg

P9190005.jpg

P9190019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What about adding something like FattDaddy front frame rollers, front skid plates and rocker panel protectors? Would that be something people should look into if they lower their cars? How is the ride? Is is a lot stiffer? Is your car a Z51? I have heard, and not first hand either, that Z51 equipt cars can be a problem to lower.

What about adding something like FattDaddy front frame rollers, front skid plates and rocker panel protectors? Would that be something people should look into if they lower their cars? How is the ride? Is is a lot stiffer? Is your car a Z51? I have heard, and not first hand either, that Z51 equipt cars can be a problem to lower.

mine is a non z51, but this year i am changing springs to Z06/Z51, which will make a car sit a little higher because springs are stiffer ( i might remove bolts completely ) . i am also adding rocker panel protectors but front frame rollers look ugly, i wont do it. ride is not much different, id do it again.

dont be scared to try, youll like it ! and if you dont, its not a big deal to put it back as it was.

- Kons

I agree that the rollers are not my cup o tea. I would consider the skid plates on the front and under the rockers. That way I can alway replace the wear item. Maybe this will have to go on a list of things to do for spring. The only expense I could see is another wheel alignment. How much did you end up lowering your car?

about an inch in the rear and maybe 1.5" in the front, i didnt really measure so this is just a guess. when i got the car, on the first day i lowered it and scrapped the run flats that came with it.

interesting... Like I said.. I love that lowered look... To be honest I think the rear needs to be lowered a little more than the front... maybe a full inch on the rear and then maybe only a 1/2 on the front? Konstanin... what size of boots you running? I've got a Z06 so the tires in front are a little wider I think...

i got 255/40 fronts and 295/35 rears almost same as yours.

the car was designed to have rear a little higher than the front ... but if thats what you like, then its even easier to do.

interesting and thanks... well I don't want the rear to be lower than the front but to my eyes it just seems that the rear is much more jacked up than the front??? i'd like the car to appear level in the end I guess

i cut my bushings and dropped as much as i could without removing bolts, and as far as stock bolts allow in the rear, it is no problem to drive around at all. but i am no longer able to park in any underground parking lots, so downtown toronto is out of question unless i know exactly where i am parking/going. thats my only issue. any driveway thats a little steep i take at an angle and sometimes i still scrape, but not a bg deal unless you're going fast. ( i also removed my front air dams, so i am scraping the metal frame pieces that stick out )

love the look, i would not raise it back up ever again.

- Kons

P9190022.jpg

P9190005.jpg

P9190019.jpg

Here is my car lowered last year on stock bolts only, no problems with clearance other then on high speed bumps
you have to go slow or the headers just clip a bit. I did trim a bit off the front bottom air deflector.

Hey Kon, nice rims, are those the ones from my car?
dsc05501xz0.jpg

Hey Kons, I am curious to see what effect removing the front air dam will have when summer comes around. I would think that the reduced effect of air flow might have an adverse effect on cooling or cause your fans to run considerably longer.

As for lowering.... dropped mine on stock bolts but will be lowering more come spring but also adding 18's and 19's to fill the wheel wells.

i lowered mine in June, and drove all summer long. fans turn off at 55km/h regardless, so they wont stay running for too long unless in traffic. i never get stuck in traffic driving this thing, so i dont worry about that. but the car does not overheat, this summer i will add a lower temp stat and reprogram the fans to come on earlier too just to keep it little more cooled.

theres a real easy way to cut bushings without removing bolts and all, let me know when you're ready ! takes 5 mins each side.

Looks good Kons, but scraping is such a painful sound! :(

:agree: I have to go over about a half dozen speed bumps every day in the parking lot @ work - and even after a couple of years of this the air dam hasn't worn down enough for this to stop...There's no way I would lower mine because I like to be able to drive the thing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.