Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
Can finally see where I'm backing up to

IMG_0634.jpg

details details details, prices, where'd you buy easy install, wireless????????

One of the few remaining mods I'd like to do. The 'vette is one of the few cars I've had without a b/u cam.

TIA SS.

Colin

Last edited:
:agree:

Wanted to put one on mine also.....Would like to use the stock NAV unit but to do that you need to buy the Lockpic360 and open the head unit to attach the ribbon cables. still pondering on it :D

YEAH!!

Whatever the hell Crusher said, LOL. All I know is that I have a bugger of a time feeling where the rear if my C6 is. I have thought of backing up into a curb--stright into my exhaust, etc.

Would love a cam--well back-up cam anyways to tie into my facotry NAV. Can it be done.

On second thoughts--I'd love a cam too, LOL!!

OK, real simple Cole's Notes on this.

I have a Kenwood DNX9980HD. I did not like the cameras from Kenwood so my installer (Auto Sound Design) shows me this stealth camera from Crime Stoppers). They had to make a hole to fit it in but it looks sooo OEM. Cost me about $316 for the complete install. The camera can be bought as a kit with a LCD rear-view mirror if you don't have a head unit.

I had ripped out my factory NAV the following year I had my car as it just didn't cut the mustard.

YEAH!!

Whatever the hell Crusher said, LOL. All I know is that I have a bugger of a time feeling where the rear if my C6 is. I have thought of backing up into a curb--stright into my exhaust, etc.

Would love a cam--well back-up cam anyways to tie into my facotry NAV. Can it be done.

On second thoughts--I'd love a cam too, LOL!!

You will need the lockpic360 to tie into the factory NAV ....

CORVETTE IPOD AND 360 LOCKPICK

Thanks SS , a nice but expensive mod and one which requires access to the head unit.
If I did the mod I'd probably just have another screen or route the signal thru the rear view.

C.

I definitely need one. I'm so used to having 6-8 feet behind the driver's seat that when I park the Corvette, there is generally 3-4 feet between the car and the curb. It's tough adjusting but I'm no quitter and will just do more driving and parking until I get it right. ;) Do these cameras have fairly wide angle lenses?

I definitely need one. I'm so used to having 6-8 feet behind the driver's seat that when I park the Corvette, there is generally 3-4 feet between the car and the curb. It's tough adjusting but I'm no quitter and will just do more driving and parking until I get it right. ;) Do these cameras have fairly wide angle lenses?
Super wide angle. I will take a pic and post.

I got a back up night vision camera , but I have mine mounted on the front wind deflector so I can see how close I am to the curb to protect my front end. Total cost was about $60.00 for the install. It has it's own screen tucked away nicely inside the cockpit. Fold up out of the way when not in use. The camera goes on, when I put the fog lights on. I normally never drive with the fogs, so it was a perfect way to have those power up the camera when needed for parking.

Last edited:
I got a back up night vision camera , but I have mine mounted on the front wind deflector so I can see how close I am to the curb to protect my front end. Total cost was about $60.00 for the install. It has it's own screen tucked away nicely inside the cockpit. Fold up out of the way when not in use. The camera goes on, when I put the fog lights on. I normally never drive with the fogs, so it was a perfect way to have those power up the camera when needed for parking.

Nice. Sounds like a pretty slick set up.:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Can you post up some details and pics of your camera for us. Your system sounds good and much more affordable.

C.

To the OP, the installation of the camera to the back looks amazing. congrats.

To those that are interested in the front camera idea, I started a new thread so as to not sabotage this thread.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread