Featured Thread
FB_IMG_1558311201620.jpg
FB_IMG_1558311177827.jpg
photos from today in the sun

Okay two beefs.......

a). The swipe feature with radio favourites shown on a bar type list at the bottom of the screen doesn't work well at all....better time with my index finger wrapped with an eye glass cleaner cloth, but that's not a deal breaker. My Cadillac has the same symptoms, just not as bad. Too bad there isn't a sensitivity feature to assist with the response or lack there of!

b). In order to access the personalized, performance and specifications menu the car needs to be running. I'm really surprised that you can't access those menu features while in the accessory mode?

Cobra

• Wow
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
b). In order to access the personalized, performance and specifications menu the car needs to be running. I'm really surprised that you can't access those menu features while in the accessory mode?

Cobra

I recall reading a tips and tricks thread where you can get into a full accessory mode where everything is on...…… I think by pressing and holding the ignition switch for 10 sec?

"...……...enter Diagnostic Mode, press and hold the start button without your foot on the brake for 8-10 seconds. This mode is used by the service technicians when trouble-shooting electronic issues. This will activate all of the electronics that typically do not come on in accessory mode, such as the heads up display and all of the driver selection screens...…….."

Reactions: ccltj
So I've had the car for like (8) days but due to having nothing but rain I've literally only been out in it three times and two of those were like 6 mile runs tops.

Well I went for a quick spin after work today and I experienced my first "s**t your pants" experience! I was at city speeds, maybe 25 mph in second gear heading downtown on a typical city road having four lanes, two heading east and two heading west. I was heading west in the curb lane in second gear with a car in my left blind spot, just trailing me. I gave it a quick shot, less than 4000 rpms and surprise, surprise the back end shot out with the front end going left. The cars assistive devices definitely kicked in but not before it scared the s**t out of me and I think the lady slightly behind me. Her passenger sure gave me that nasty look, like I was crazy when they caught up to me at the next light.....ha ha.

Now I'm thinking the 800 km breakin where nothing over 4000 rpms isn't so much for the car, but just maybe more so for the driver.....ha ha. 800 km's to get used to the power!

So I'm very careful to not go wide open throttle and I'm just giving it a shallow shot here and there watching carefully to keep the revs under 4000, and this thing is no comparison to my older Mustang Cobra.......no comparison at all! Ha ha

I'm thinking that had I disabled the assistive devices I'd be a sorry Corvette owner.....couldn't believe how quickly it jumped out and left with no warning!

Cobra

Okay two beefs.......

a). The swipe feature with radio favourites shown on a bar type list at the bottom of the screen doesn't work well at all....better time with my index finger wrapped with an eye glass cleaner cloth, but that's not a deal breaker. My Cadillac has the same symptoms, just not as bad. Too bad there isn't a sensitivity feature to assist with the response or lack there of!

Cobra

"UPDATE"........Two beefs all fixed!!!!

a). Radio Favourite Swipe feature solved!

Being the "anal" person that I am I couldn't believe that GM would release this radio offering a "favourite channel" finger swipe feature that would work less than perfect, despite the consistent similar comments from many on this forum all expressing the same dissatisfaction with this feature!

Solved, works every time regardless if you're swiping left or right. Depending on how you are displaying your favourites they will be present on the bottom of your radio screen, displaying (5) favourite channels in a bar format, possibly scaled vertically displaying (10), (15) or possibly even more channel favourites. For simplicity let's simply visualize (5) favourite channels shown in a bar at the bottom of your screen. Press on a favourite channel applying pressure to the screen. Obviously don't apply too much pressure because surely you could damage the screen, but you know what I mean. While maintaining pressure with your finger, await for an audible beep, then swipe either right or left maintaining light pressure with your finger. I touch the right most favourite channel to swipe left and conversely I touch the left most favourite channel to then swipe right. Remember to maintain slight presssure with your finger and the favourite's will slide by to the next section exactly as they're supposed to. Works every time for me now! As well swipe up to stack your favourites having multiple rows of (5) favourites each row on top of the next!

b). In order to access the personalized menus you do not need to have the engine running as I previously thought! Thanks to "Frankmp" he's correct, simply hold the start button (do not step on the break pedal or depress clutch pedal) for about (8) seconds and all the menu selections become available for you to scroll through!

Enjoy!!!

Cobra

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread