Ordering versus buying a car already on the lot will definitely cost more. Dealers know that when you order a car built just for you, it is a special purchase and they will try to get full price. If you can find a car on the lot that meets most of your specs, the dealer will have more incentive to discount the car to get it off the lot. A car on the lot reduces the allocation for that dealer for the next model year. It is GM's way of pushing the dealers to sell at any price. Also keep in mind that invoice price is not the actual cost to the dealer. They receive some pretty significant discounts based on volume of all the GM cars sold in a specified period. Car Cost Canada is in bed with the retail auto industry; don't take their invoice price as accurate - take another 3-5% off that depending on the car. Vette's have a very good mark up.

All discounts are 100% dependant on the current manufacturers programs. The industry average total mark up is 8%, anything beyond that is factory to dealer or consumer rebates.

It's a crapshoot now. No one knows for sure if 2019 is the last year for the C7's or not. If the crystal balls I've heard are correct and it is, and if the dealers know this, they may be pushing discounts only to reduce lot volumes and not filling allocations with factory orders unless they get a good dollar. Who knows what will happen and what dealers are thinking. I know Red Deer has at least 15 C7's in stock now. Z06's running from 84 to 94k.... Most I saw were 2LZ but that's still a pretty hot price. The more factory orders they process, the longer those cars stay on the lot and the more floorplan interest they pay on them. If you can find the must have options you want, there are much better discounts out there than factory ordered cars. JMO

Still 100% dependant on the factory programs and most of those are not disclosed to the dealer in advance. Speaking from 30 years in the business.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.