Gilley

Casual User
Jul 29, 2016
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
GC 2010 3.8 IY
Long time lurker first time poster of the Corvette Forums!
Been looking to get into a C7 GS for a while now & I'm currently trying to work out a deal with a couple dealerships in Ontario. My concern is whether I should buy now & store the car.. or wait till spring. I worry that I will miss out on dealerships looking to move inventory & getting a better deal now or if I should look to factory order the specs I want for April. Essentially I have found two cars very similar to my factory order that I'd be happy with.. I also lurk the Corvette Forums for the US & their dealerships seem much more likely to offer better deals.. Up to 16% off MSRP for 'on the lot' GS etc..
How do people feel about the incentives GM might offer over the winter months or early spring? Finance Rates, bonus' like Black Friday Sales etc...

Cheers,
Gilley.

Currently my2019 cash backs are not very good. Something like $4600. Locally dealers I see selling new at about 12% off msrp. I’d wait. You might get lucky and gm might include Corvette in a 20% promo...I’ve seen it happen. Yes pricing stateside and their discounts always attractive but dealers won’t /can’t sell you a new one due to their gm franchise rules. Good luck in future ownership!!

Locally in Ontario, Bill Spencer had a few 2019 Grand sport's, 2LT trim pretty much fully loaded for 77K a month back...Looks like they are all sold now.

There is a dealership in Red Deer selling 2019 1LZ Z06's for 87K list price...You can bargain even more due to the time of the year however I am not sure how much shipping etc. will cost.

Locally in Ontario, Bill Spencer had a few 2019 Grand sport's, 2LT trim pretty much fully loaded for 77K a month back...Looks like they are all sold now.

There is a dealership in Red Deer selling 2019 1LZ Z06's for 87K list price...You can bargain even more due to the time of the year however I am not sure how much shipping etc. will cost.

Shipping is about $3500 with a covered trailer Karam. There’s a few companies doing it. The dealership here that I got my 17 from shared the cost with me to ship from the Ontario dealership to Edmonton.

I actually just checked my bill of sale. They charged me $1350 for my portion of the shipping from Ontario.

Reactions: YFCvii and Karam
I just bought in Edmonton because I found the right car at the right price. Granted he is a friend in the business that i trust explicitly. I got about 15% off of msrp on a program that ended oct 31st. The program may return but that exact spec of car may not be as easy to find. I was originally dealing on a 2018 at a different dealership, same price but fewer options. It was a more expensive car due to the automatic transmission but i didn't want that anyway.

Reactions: frankmp and YFCvii
I just bought in Edmonton because I found the right car at the right price. Granted he is a friend in the business that i trust explicitly. I got about 15% off of msrp on a program that ended oct 31st. The program may return but that exact spec of car may not be as easy to find. I was originally dealing on a 2018 at a different dealership, same price but fewer options. It was a more expensive car due to the
automatic transmission but i didn't want that anyway.

Sounds like you found the car that checks off the boxes you want.
Are you getting the car hauled home or waiting till spring Dan? The last couple days in YEG are not Corvette days. 😂
CAC80164-C725-4840-BCB7-8063E289E5D4.jpeg

I am picking it up next Saturday with my enclosed trailer. Yes i heard winter has officially arrived in YEG! Timing was pretty good as we have tickets to Fleetwood Mac Saturday, doesn't look like we will be driving the car to Rogers Place either.

Long time lurker first time poster of the Corvette Forums!
Been looking to get into a C7 GS for a while now & I'm currently trying to work out a deal with a couple dealerships in Ontario. My concern is whether I should buy now & store the car.. or wait till spring. I worry that I will miss out on dealerships looking to move inventory & getting a better deal now or if I should look to factory order the specs I want for April. Essentially I have found two cars very similar to my factory order that I'd be happy with.. I also lurk the Corvette Forums for the US & their dealerships seem much more likely to offer better deals.. Up to 16% off MSRP for 'on the lot' GS etc..
How do people feel about the incentives GM might offer over the winter months or early spring? Finance Rates, bonus' like Black Friday Sales etc...

Cheers,
Gilley.
Where I live here in B.C. at the larger dealers (Dueck basically) there are some great deals - so, I'd buy now. And you are buying the right car: C7 GS - awesome machine. In the USA you are dealing with way bigger population base which equals more competition - even the Porsche dealers there have super discounts-more dealers in CA than all of Canada, for example. Good luck!!

Well i've had two deals fall short in the last two weeks unfortunately where the salesman stopped responding once we had an agreed upon price. First one he was ignoring me because their buyer for my trade-in bailed and they wouldn't offer the same price themselves.. Second one was supposed to get back to me for November 1st to see if they had better incentives as we were only a few days off, i've reached out again no call backs.

Will probably be ordering new from a local/trusted dealership or looking for better deals closer to spring now!

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Sad. Certainly doesn't sound like they want to earn your business too badly. Can't go wrong with a factory order. Most dealers will give you a choice when the car comes in. If the rebates are better at delivery versus order date you benefit. Draft an email to the sales managers in your area. Tell them exactly what you want and are prepared to put a deposit down asap. Force them to compete for your business. Factory orders are gravy for them. Very little effort required and no interest carrying charges.

Well i've had two deals fall short in the last two weeks unfortunately where the salesman stopped responding once we had an agreed upon price. First one he was ignoring me because their buyer for my trade-in bailed and they wouldn't offer the same price themselves.. Second one was supposed to get back to me for November 1st to see if they had better incentives as we were only a few days off, i've reached out again no call backs.
Will probably be ordering new from a local/trusted dealership or looking for better deals closer to spring now!

Gilley, I bought my Vette in August from Myers in Orleans. VERY good financial arrangement. PIM me and I can give you the name of the sales guy I have used for several vehicle purchases.

Hard to figure when one can get the best deal. As a result of an insurance settlement on my 2017 GS I ordered a new 2019 GS 2LT M7 with a few options in September, was able to get 12% off MSRP - did not have a trade to complicate matters. I was working with four different Toronto area dealers. Addison, Humberview, Wilson Niblett and Gateway in Brampton. all VERY close in pricing. I made a deposit in september but the actual order will not be placed until January/February for a mid April delivery. Will be entitled to any new incentives put on by GM before February. Could have had it delivered by this week but I usually store mine by November 15th. This way I have extra warranty time, extra time on XM radio and OnStar etc. I also get a 2019 build date. I dropped in at several dealers while out last week and Wilson Niblett still have a good number on the lot and Gateway has several nice ones in the showroom including the twin to what I ordered - GS, 2LT, M7, navi, PDR etc. in Blade silver with red calipers, red GS hash marks on fenders and chrome wheels with red and black interior.

That's awesome congrats! Wilson Niblett is actually one of the ones that lost the sale on my trade-in. Unfortunately their Sebring Orange 2LT on the lot that matches what I want on a 1LT is priced a little too high for me to be dealing with.

I'm looking to do the same now. Order with deposit & trade-in, take delivery April.

Well I tried the local dealership today.. gave them what I considered a reasonable offer on a Factory Order with 11% off MSRP. They told me it puts the car below cost? Countered to me with a 2.31% off MSRP...

Feeling like not being taken seriously. Taking advice above and going to see what Myers Orleans can offer!

Am I out to lunch on 11% off MSRP as being a reasonable price?

Reactions: Dantanman
We need some competition amongst dealers in this country..If we had large forum type dealers like in the U.S. the others would whine and GM would shut them down.

I had to pay full list in 15 just to be able to order a car.

In 17, I ordered a Grand Sport and managed to get about 10% off but really had to work for it by pitting 2 dealers against each other.

Reactions: Gilley
Well I tried the local dealership today.. gave them what I considered a reasonable offer on a Factory Order with 11% off MSRP. They told me it puts the car below cost? Countered to me with a 2.31% off MSRP...

Feeling like not being taken seriously. Taking advice above and going to see what Myers Orleans can offer!

Am I out to lunch on 11% off MSRP as being a reasonable price?
I think you'll have to find a dealer that has lots of allocation and wants to fill it in order to keep their allocation up for future years. I think 10% off a factory order is reasonable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.