shiftyc

I'm New Here
Mar 10, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
01 Z06
Province
ON
Hi all, I'm getting the usual codes related to EBCM in my 01Z, I'd like to get it fixed with minimal fuss. Does anyone locally offer the service? I'd love to just get one on core exchange without having to wait but can't be choosy I guess....

Thanks !

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hi all, I'm getting the usual codes related to EBCM in my 01Z, I'd like to get it fixed with minimal fuss. Does anyone locally offer the service? I'd love to just get one on core exchange without having to wait but can't be choosy I guess....

Thanks !
I have a 1999 C5 daily driver and had the same codes you have. Before buying parts, the first place I recommend you look is the wiring harness connection just inside the cabin where the wires go from the passenger door into the cabin. This connector is accessed by loosening the accordion harness cover where it joins to the car. Then you have to carefully tug the wires out from inside the car, through the opening in the body, perhaps 5 inches or so. It is a tight space to work in and having things warm / pliable definitely helps.
In my case, the ground wire was badly corroded; once it was cleaned up, all the fault codes stopped. Hopefully the attached pictures will show the way. Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 167
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 166
shiftyc try these guys they might be able to help you.
Canadian Office
BBA Remanufacturing
467 Edgeley Blvd
Unit 13
Concord ON L4K 4E9
Phone (Toll Free) : 1-866-573-0266
Email : [email protected]
Please include this form with all repairs sent to BBA

Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time (GMT-5)

This place is pretty much right beside my work on edgeley blvd. They fix ebcm’s ??

So this bba place told me $300 to fix compared the the vancouver place is $125 and bba also said if the car has active steering they cant fix it 🤔

Hi Silver Fox... i recommend contacting the BBA guys in the post above, they may be able to help. However, first I would try BK_Retired's suggestion. I did the same thing he did and it fixed code issues for me. According to my experience with mine over the last 5 years, and reading forums during that time, these cars are very much affected by humidity and ground issues. You may get you EBCM repaired and still have issues if you have ground or connection issues. I sure hope not. I would be interested to hear if you have these codes/lights over the next few weeks when it's colder and less humid. Good luck and enjoy your car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.