Local (Ontario) or Canadian EBCM fixers?

shiftyc

I'm New Here
Mar 10, 2019
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
01 Z06
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
  • C5
Hi all, I'm getting the usual codes related to EBCM in my 01Z, I'd like to get it fixed with minimal fuss. Does anyone locally offer the service? I'd love to just get one on core exchange without having to wait but can't be choosy I guess....

Thanks !

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Z16Jim

Regular
Beta
Jun 14, 2017
Awards
Port Hope, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z16 #123
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
  • C5
  • You're Celebrated
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked

BK_Retired

I'm New Here
Jan 5, 2019
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
1999 Corvette Hatch
Hi all, I'm getting the usual codes related to EBCM in my 01Z, I'd like to get it fixed with minimal fuss. Does anyone locally offer the service? I'd love to just get one on core exchange without having to wait but can't be choosy I guess....

Thanks !
I have a 1999 C5 daily driver and had the same codes you have. Before buying parts, the first place I recommend you look is the wiring harness connection just inside the cabin where the wires go from the passenger door into the cabin. This connector is accessed by loosening the accordion harness cover where it joins to the car. Then you have to carefully tug the wires out from inside the car, through the opening in the body, perhaps 5 inches or so. It is a tight space to work in and having things warm / pliable definitely helps.
In my case, the ground wire was badly corroded; once it was cleaned up, all the fault codes stopped. Hopefully the attached pictures will show the way. Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province / State
Alberta
  • You're a Donor
  • You're 5
  • C7
  • Alberta
  • You're Celebrated
  • Show Off
Try and keep the C5 treads to a minimum the C8 guys will be getting edgy. :ROFL:
lol.... No worries Murray...i'm guessing a good percentage of them likely aren't aware that we even have other forum sections... o_O

F7Rob

Apr 24, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2003 corvette Z06
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario

F7Rob

Apr 24, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2003 corvette Z06
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
shiftyc try these guys they might be able to help you.
Canadian Office
BBA Remanufacturing
467 Edgeley Blvd
Unit 13
Concord ON L4K 4E9
Phone (Toll Free) : 1-866-573-0266
Email : ca-sales@bba-reman.com
Please include this form with all repairs sent to BBA

Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time (GMT-5)
This place is pretty much right beside my work on edgeley blvd. They fix ebcm’s ??
So this bba place told me $300 to fix compared the the vancouver place is $125 and bba also said if the car has active steering they cant fix it 🤔

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)