CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
For Manny:
Looking forward to the headers and tunes in the spring and wondering what to expect from them as far as hp increase and shifting firmness.

The tranny tune should firm the shifts and remove some torque management like on Terry's '06, but what about the ECM tune? What will that do for me? Just bring the engine A/F ratio back in line or is it good for a little more performance too?

Also wondering about the sound. Will it sound very aggressive or more subdued? I also have the dual mode exhaust tail end which should help tone it down somewhat which I can turn on or off at will.

I see that LG has a good sale on their exhaust right now. Would it be advantageous to get it now at a better price or wait 'til spring?

I could go now if you think it's best to jump at the good price.

Is it spring yet. Just checkin'. :sleep:

Can't wait for you to have at it.

C.

:D
For Manny:
Looking forward to the headers and tunes in the spring and wondering what to expect from them as far as hp increase and shifting firmness.

The tranny tune should firm the shifts and remove some torque management like on Terry's '06, but what about the ECM tune? What will that do for me? Just bring the engine A/F ratio back in line or is it good for a little more performance too?

Also wondering about the sound. Will it sound very aggressive or more subdued? I also have the dual mode exhaust tail end which should help tone it down somewhat which I can turn on or off at will.

I see that LG has a good sale on their exhaust right now. Would it be advantageous to get it now at a better price or wait 'til spring?

I could go now if you think it's best to jump at the good price.

Is it spring yet. Just checkin'. :sleep:

Can't wait for you to have at it.

C.

Yes the the tune will provide more Hp as well as bring the AFR in line :D

Yes trans tune will be pretty much extact to Terry's :D

Yes it will have a more aggressive tone :D

Yes I can give you a good deal if you would like to order it now as I am LG top dealer in Canada :D

So the LG Street Series headers /catted with X-pipe / Installed with a 160 stat / ECM /TCM trans tune:
$2150.00 all in including taxes :D

Our operatrors are standing by :rofl:

Come on Colin you know you need it :D

Last edited:
Some sweet deals from our guy Manny for sure.
Looking forward to a little noise and maybe 30-40 extra ponies come spring.

My dealer won't be too happy about the mods. Told him I wasn't going to mod it..Changed my mind.

He values my custom so I'm sure he'll find a way to make any warranty claims should that arise.

Cheers,
C.

Its never been a matter of need , but it does make the fun factor that much more fun :D

We like fun :canada:

lol, yeah to hell with "need" -- Having fun is much more important.:D

Thank God 'need' isn't the only criterion or I'd be driving the Fiesta and that's all.

BTW Colin , your fun factor multiplier of 1 has been ordered .

OH YEAH! -- Got to see them when they arrive.:eek:
I'll be there Saturday for sure

C.

Colin,
remember there are those that suggest you can never have too much HP !!

IF you're seriously considering S/C , why not do it now and save $$ by not installing
headers ?? I'm sure you can get lots of advice,from this forum, on which to spend your $$.

take care my friend,
tony

Colin,

IF you're seriously considering S/C , why not do it now and save $$ by not installing
headers ?? I'm sure you can get lots of advice,from this forum, on which to spend your $$.

take care my friend,
tony

Tony , headers are a must with with a S/C , a lot of high pressure exhaust to push out through a factory exhaust .

I would not advise anyone to do S/C setup without installing a set of headers first .

Colin,

take care my friend,
tony

lol, yes always lots of help spending my money ..... but then I'm just as good at spending other people's too.:D

What I'm going ahead with at the moment is more affordable -- I suppose that's the biggest reason.
Headers would help on a supercharged system too so they won't get in the way in that event.

C.

I smell supercharger.:D

hahaha, yeah that would be nice but it's going to take some convincing (of Margaret) tho or I'll be so far in the doghouse I'll never find my way out.:rolleyes:

Better phone Tire Rack and get your order in. You'll be burning tires off that puppy faster then that drinking Jack Daniels.
Rob

lol, not to mention the tickets......:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread