Shall we have a July 14, 2018 national CCF meet in Winnipeg?

• I'm from the USA and coming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from the USA and not coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can vouch for the ferries from North Sydney to Port Aux Basques when it comes to Corvettes. No problem to open doors but still got to be careful. The crew are really careful with sport cars and anything that is lowered no matter which deck you are on. But you do not want to be on the upper deck with the trucks. It is open to the weather during the crossing. It is a long, long drive across Canada to reach the most Easterly point in Canada but worth it.

Deffinitely would have been nice to see more from the East. One of these days I will make the trek to the the middle but work commitments have priority unfortunately

I can vouch for the ferries from North Sydney to Port Aux Basques when it comes to Corvettes. No problem to open doors but still got to be careful. The crew are really careful with sport cars and anything that is lowered no matter which deck you are on. But you do not want to be on the upper deck with the trucks. It is open to the weather during the crossing. It is a long, long drive across Canada to reach the most Easterly point in Canada but worth it.

Deffinitely would have been nice to see more from the East. One of these days I will make the trek to the the middle but work commitments have priority unfortunately
Will be great to see you there one day Fred. :thumbs:

I will gladly cede my place as furthest east to you $0.12
I would have thought that trucks are on the lowest level of the ferry to keep the centre of gravity low. At least it was that way when I was on ferries to Victoria or St Johns.
I sent a few pics to CCC in Ottawa and the Eastern Ontario (Kingston) clubs. After all I had to go through Ottawa to get to MITM and Jim is just a few minutes away from Kingston. They both could have had representation at MITM. Hopefully next time if we stir the pot enough someone will be there. Also copies to the Montreal CC. Now that #1 is under the belt it might spark more interest.

I will gladly cede my place as furthest east to you $0.12
I would have thought that trucks are on the lowest level of the ferry to keep the centre of gravity low. At least it was that way when I was on ferries to Victoria or St Johns.
I sent a few pics to CCC in Ottawa and the Eastern Ontario (Kingston) clubs. After all I had to go through Ottawa to get to MITM and Jim is just a few minutes away from Kingston. They both could have had representation at MITM. Hopefully next time if we stir the pot enough someone will be there. Also copies to the Montreal CC. Now that #1 is under the belt it might spark more interest.

When you consider the respective weights, the trucks make very little difference to how the ferry behaves in weather while steaming. I'm not sure, but I think they are the biggest ferries in Canada these days and the Atlantic Vision might be the largest in North America (Have to look this up someday when I have free time). The lowest of the lower decks is like a being in a hole. I will have to take a few pics when I bring my daughter back to Dalhousie this fall. Unfortunately I have to use the truck for this trip.

Today I am driving and Revisiting an awesome event of just over 3 years past now … Great Friendships made.
8AA4CB67-7FA4-4E7F-BB74-6748DF8B68E5.jpeg

Last edited:
👆🏻🙂👍🏻(Thx)
I wish the road from the west to “meet in the middle” was like the road from ontario into manitoba - great views of rocks and ponds and a road with lots of curves.
Nice !!!
O
I'm in Regina now and heading back to Winnipeg on Sunday, if there's any change of meeting somewhere along the way for a coffee or a bite I'm all in
Cheers Wayne
heading east to new maryland, new brunswick (just outside freddy) for this tuesday. Will he there until early november before hesding back. Will try and post our return thru-peg date after we move a trailer full of stuff into a new home. 🙂👍🏻

Not sure of our exact timing as we might go thru Ottawa on Sunday …
Will plan that Saturday night for our food and fuel stops. Otherwise near Freddy NB from tuesday for about 3 weeks. 🙂👍🏻
If ever you take a break in Ottawa, let us know and maybe we can join for a little meet and greet.

Reactions: nascar03

Users who are viewing this thread