Le Baron! That sounds like a lovely idea!!! It would be great to have you come.

I know this is a bit early but I was just looking again at the maps. I love the great lakes, but man, they are a great obstacle! Trying to get perspective into what a 22 hour drive means, I wanted to see what was 22 hours from Saskatoon. It turns out Las Vegas is 22 hours from Saskatoon, which is where I got my car! That was a great trip, but it was over a week and not a weekend. This would mean two nights there, and two nights back. Easy stops to make going south, but trying to find two stops going around the north side of the great lakes isn't so easy, so I can see why it's tough for our eastern brothers to commit. It would be a lot to think about to go to Las Vegas for a weekend. However, I would love to encourage anyone thinking about it to come. I really want to meet our brothers and sisters from the east. Find people to travel with so that it's as much about the drive with others in the group as it is about the destination. I believe that is the best way to shorten the hours while driving. But for those finding the distance a lot to chew through and needing to commit the (at least) 4 vacation days elsewhere, totally understandable. You'll only be banned from the forum for a month. :D Just kidding. We'll have pictures and stories all lined up for you.

Reactions: ddgermann
If I can find a trailer to rent to haul the car on Wendy and I would like to join in.

I need a rolling medical laboratory anywhere I go now and I know I cannot get all the stuff in the Corvette.:Biggrin: I have not told Wendy about the nursing team I am planning on hiring but that may change and quickly. Ha Ha.

I like Z16Jim's travel plan, he is about two hours south of us.

I am working on the trailer now.

If I can find a trailer to rent to haul the car on Wendy and I would like to join in.

I need a rolling medical laboratory anywhere I go now and I know I cannot get all the stuff in the Corvette.:Biggrin: I have not told Wendy about the nursing team I am planning on hiring but that may change and quickly. Ha Ha.

I like Z16Jim's travel plan, he is about two hours south of us.

I am working on the trailer now.

Murray, you have a large group out West that would love to meet you if you can figure out a way.

LOL, driving times! Try getting off this island; the choice is either 10 hours driving to a 5 hour ferry ride or 3 hours driving to an 18 hour ferry and then we're only at North Sydney in Cape Breton. Although I have to say, the scenery on the West coast of the island is fantastic and well worth the drive. We would like to make the trip but I have to wait on my work schedule first as summer is my busy time for work.We might end up making a symbolic drive to the West coast (of Newfoundland) and then come back home. If we're not there in body, we will be there in spirit.

Meet In The Middle East
Anyone that is going to MITM from the east and wants to hook up on the way out. I will be leaving on Wed July 11th.
Wed July 11
leaving Port Hope around 7:30 am
stop for lunch in Sudbury around 1 pm
stop over night in Sault Ste.Marie - The Water Tower Inn 360 Great Northern Rd, Sault Ste. Marie
Thurs July 12
7:30 - 9:00 am back on the road
stop for lunch in White river
stay over night in Thunder Bay - Days Inn & Suites 645 Sibley Drive
Fri July 13
Stop for lunch in Vermilion Bay then on to Winnipeg.
Times are just estimates - fuel stops, bathroom breaks

Thanks Jim

Last edited:
Meet In The Middle East
Anyone that is going to MITM from the east and wants to hook up on the way out. I will be leaving on Wed July 11th.
Wed July 11
stop over night in Sault Ste.Marie no accommodations as of yet
Thurs July 12
stay over night in Thunder Bay no accommodations as of yet
Fri July 13
Times are just estimates - fuel stops, bathroom breaks ???

If anyone knows of good places to stay in Sault Ste Marie or Thunder Bay open to suggestions

Thanks Jim
Sorry Jim... Can't help ya with places to stay.... although I do know of a sweet small mouth bass lake and camp about 40 miles north of Kenora.... But you'd need wings and pontoons on your Vette... :rolleyes:

Meet In The Middle East
Wed July 11
stop over night in Sault Ste.Marie no accommodations as of yet
Thurs July 12
stay over night in Thunder Bay no accommodations as of yet
Fri July 13
Times are just estimates - fuel stops, bathroom breaks ???

If anyone knows of good places to stay in Sault Ste Marie or Thunder Bay open to suggestions

Thanks Jim
I am a little late finding this. If it is any help, it was the middle of June, 2017 on my maiden voyage in my new to me C5, back the Prairies from Moncton. We stayed in Sault St. Marie and Thunder Bay. In the Soo we stayed in the Comfort Inn on Great Northern Road. Comfort Inns are good for me because they have a firm mattress. Unlike the new Best Westerns. Their breakfasts are good too. This Comfort Inn isn't far off the route you are on. There is a Swiss Chalet right across the road. And the LCBO is within walking distance. My wife did it. I can't do it. The entrance to the motel is a little steep coming off the street, but I took it a bit on an angle in and out and I was fine. Lots of parking at the back to get away from other cars and not easy to see from the street. In Thunder Bay I was looking for somewhere off the beaten path. I don't like leaving my baby outside all alone, so I was looking for something not downtown. The Thunder Bay Inn worked. Nice little family run hotel. Have to go for a drive for supper. But I got parked away from other cars on their lot. And continuing on northwest on Dawson Road the next morning, hooks up with 17. Good way to skip going back downtown. On a nice day it would be a fun drive to Thunder Bay from the Soo, especially when the road gets close to Lake Superior. For us it rained some of every day of the trip home from Moncton. And a lot that day.

The MITM sales items will be only available for a limited time. I will be collecting the orders and placing my order with the vendor by May 1st. Then shipping all the items out in May when I am back home.

I do not plan on loading my car and travelling with this stuff or buying and shipping a bunch of it on spec to Winnipeg. I'm going on this trip to enjoy it ... not run around all weekend selling T-shirts and caps. So please spread the word guys...once this order is in, it's done. The items will not be up on the CZ store from that day forward. @Nik we will likely need an info burst on this as well so anyone who thought they could just pick this stuff up in Winnipeg or anytime before or after needs to know that won't be the case. I would like to make sure anyone who wants something from MITM gets it before it's too late. I have discussed a group order for the Winnipeg guys and gals with @81Wayne already so that's in the works.
The reasoning for all this is simple. As the organizer, and to keep you all "Spam and Commercial free"; upfront all of this is coming out of my pocket and the number of combinations and sizes makes it very sketchy for me to just place a large order and hope to sell it all. I do not want to end up with boxes full of unsold and unswearable stuff. (Ladies medium doesn't fit me plus the scoop neck makes my man boobs look big)
The proceeds of these sales are going to fund the events trophies and prizes. If sales are good and I go past even, the extra few bucks will be donated to charities on behalf of CCF and CCOM.

Thanks guys,

Derek

The MITM sales items will be only available for a limited time. I will be collecting the orders and placing my order with the vendor by May 1st. Then shipping all the items out in May when I am back home.

I do not plan on loading my car and travelling with this stuff or buying and shipping a bunch of it on spec to Winnipeg. I'm going on this trip to enjoy it ... not run around all weekend selling T-shirts and caps. So please spread the word guys...once this order is in, it's done. The items will not be up on the CZ store from that day forward. @Nik we will likely need an info burst on this as well so anyone who thought they could just pick this stuff up in Winnipeg or anytime before or after needs to know that won't be the case. I would like to make sure anyone who wants something from MITM gets it before it's too late. I have discussed a group order for the Winnipeg guys and gals with @81Wayne already so that's in the works.
The reasoning for all this is simple. As the organizer, and to keep you all "Spam and Commercial free"; upfront all of this is coming out of my pocket and the number of combinations and sizes makes it very sketchy for me to just place a large order and hope to sell it all. I do not want to end up with boxes full of unsold and unswearable stuff. (Ladies medium doesn't fit me plus the scoop neck makes my man boobs look big)
The proceeds of these sales are going to fund the events trophies and prizes. If sales are good and I go past even, the extra few bucks will be donated to charities on behalf of CCF and CCOM.

Thanks guys,

Derek

Will burst it out a couple of more times before month end Derek. Glad to see some sales going through

Reactions: ddgermann
My wife and I are planning on leaving on the Wed the 11th, stopping in SSM, then the next day going on TB, then Friday making the last leg to Winnipeg. Sandy is only good for about 7 or 8 hrs a day on the road.

And then onto Calgary,I’m getting pretty excited to cruise to Cold Lake with another blue car,,,,plus,there’s something on yours I want to look at a little closer as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.